Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else spot 'They Don't Know You' being played on I'm a Celebrity just then?
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    They used the instrumental to They Just Don't Know You on I'm A Celeb and it sounds even more flawless.

Edit: Got beaten to it :D
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Short bit of They Just Dont Know instrumental (Is it called that?) was just used on I'm A Celeb

EDIT: Lol third person to say that. ;) Also nice we have new smileys!
  • Options
    sniffingchocakesniffingchocake Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Just heard that too, little mix get played in the background on so much stuff :)

They are on sweat the small stuff too tonight should be good!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since they are releasing promo tracks essentially, is Move going to be a "buzz single" for the US? I notice Salute hasnt been released... *still hoping Salute is the lead for the US*

Did they get on a plane for LA yet? Cuz if they haven't I dont see how they'd make it for a live appearance on Thursday with rehearsals.

Surely they will fly early tomorrow if not gone already.

I don't think this X Factor USA appearance was ever part of the original plan, I looks to be like the invitation to appear was sprung on them a bit so they're being forced into showcasing Move, when they probably didn't plan on it. I sincerely hope they have sufficient opportunity to rehearse and prepare for their performance. I know the XFUSA doesn't have the biggest audience, but a messy performance (easily done with this song) wouldn't do them any favours at all. A top draw one would at least turn some heads. They can't be outdone by Emblem3, surely :blush:

Move is a catchy record as proven by it's performance in the UK, if the performance impresses they might just try sending it to radio. Then who knows....
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have to go tonight. Its a 9-11 hour flight as I recall and they need some time to adjust to the time zone. That still only leaves Wed. to rehearse as the taping would begin at 5 PM Pacific Thurs. and they would have makeup and sound check before that.
    I don't think this X Factor USA appearance was ever part of the original plan, I looks to be like the invitation to appear was sprung on them a bit so they're being forced into showcasing Move, when they probably didn't plan on it.

It does have that feel to it, doesn't it? Well they seem to do best when coming up to meet a challenge and that's why they're champs.
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might be wrong but I have the feeing that their perf will be recorded here.
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might be wrong but I have the feeling their perf will be recorded here...
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    The girls are on Sweat The Small Stuff on BBC3 right now :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aldu wrote: »
    I might be wrong but I have the feeing that their perf will be recorded here.

A US journalist (Chelsea Briggs from Hollywire) tweeted today saying she has an interview with them booked.
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't recall this being posted before - but it's hilarious

Little Mix Jingle Bell Ball Buster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQyb4ihKzb4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim_A wrote: »
    A US journalist (Chelsea Briggs from Hollywire) tweeted today saying she has an interview with them booked.

She of the infamous interview with the disgusted looks about 1D questions.

@HOLLYWIRE 21h
    Did you guys hear? We're interviewing the ladies of @LittleMixOffic this week! Got some questions for them? Well, send them our way!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another (enthusiastic American) review of "Salute" on you Tube :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QV-365c8eE

(Maybe slightly long-winded):p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim_A wrote: »
    Surely they will fly early tomorrow if not gone already.

As we don't know this for sure at the moment - isn't there the possibility of performing live in the UK whilst transmitting directly to the US show??

This sort of thing has been done before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ▲▲RON C▲RLO ‏@aaroncarlohair 1h
    literally just landed in LA! Call u ASAP. I am free on Friday tho x

The Mix have arrived to take the crown.
  • Options
    JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    http://pandjscurry.tumblr.com/post/68908771395
    Does anyone have any idea where this is from?

OT: The new smileys are so hard to read. I miss the old ones :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the 4 dancers did not travel to the US as one tweeted about leading a dance class tonight (your last night).

I'm very curious what they are up to for this appearance. If there is a dance component its possible US dancers were learning it off a video. It wouldnt be wise to have to learn something new with such little time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    Another (enthusiastic American) review of "Salute" on you Tube :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QV-365c8eE

(Maybe slightly long-winded):p

What an obscure person. Although I agree with the majority of her analysis she ruined her credibility by hating Love Drunk. >:)

Notice once again, someone needed the visual of the music video to fully embrace Move. I still believe with a killer video that Salute could make a big impact. When I think of major artists past and present the music and the visual work hand in hand.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the 4 dancers did not travel to the US as one tweeted about leading a dance class tonight (your last night).

I'm very curious what they are up to for this appearance. If there is a dance component its possible US dancers were learning it off a video. It wouldnt be wise to have to learn something new with such little time.

It wouldn't be wise for LM to learn something new with such little time or dancers? Dancers tend to learn stuff really quickly...

They probably use the dancers from US xfactor.......

Edit: Or they'll just not dance at all and do the jazz version of the song...............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    It wouldn't be wise for LM to learn something new with such little time

Yes this, sorry for my clumsy phrasing. Maybe logistically (or financially) it was too difficult to haul their 4 dancers over for such a quick trip. I would expect they're traveling light. I'm surprised they even have time for an interview.

The exercise makes me wonder what's up in the world of Simon Cowell, since he'd been exclusively pimping 5H for the US. Now suddenly the UK girl group is being hauled onto the show, for what purpose. Maybe he's finally getting that putting all his eggs in the 5H basket may not be the way forward. I think 5H is being asked to shoulder too much at this time as far as rescuing the fortunes of XF US.

No idea, but that's their costuming from Capital Rocks the other day so maybe snoop around there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another interviewer has said they are interviewing them at the X Factor, Chris Trondsen who does backstage interviews. So they are definatly going.

I have said before that I think the whole purpose behind LMs appearance is to trumpet the argument that "X Factor creates stars". Wouldn't surprise me if Leona gets wheeled out for the finale. Although, I like to think Kelly R might have done some encouraging...

Nervous for the performance though and it's reception. If the visual and vocals aren't spot on I think "wtf was that" will be a popular comment given how unusual the song is on first listen. I just hope they aren't unintentionally getting thrown under the bus here.
  • Options
    sniffingchocakesniffingchocake Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »

OT: The new smileys are so hard to read. I miss the old ones :(
    Its from the capitalfm jingle bell ball advert, thats basically all they do in it though (id link but Im on my phone) its on capitalfm youtube page advert with an elf!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evidence on twitter suggests that NFLY peaked at 6 on US iTunes!
This discussion has been closed.