Options

Do you want the old smilies back?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I change my vote to 'no'?

I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of the made-up tags people are posting <big stupid grin>
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Yes-especially Mr Toothy Grin! Let's hear a big cheer for him!

I loved that one! I used it a lot.
  • Options
    lux lisbon 2lux lisbon 2 Posts: 6,273
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    There are no words (and certainly no smileys) to express how much I loathe the new ones and want the old ones back.

For me, the whole atmosphere of my favourite threads has changed without old grinning dude, roll eyes dude, blushing dude etc. When friends give you the roll eyes, it's funny and tells you that you're 'one of the gang'. The green grin is funny all on its own and makes me laugh when I see it, as does the blush one.

I often used to just post green grins to acknowledge a funny post, but I feel stupid doing that now because the yellow blob looks like a madman baring his teeth at you, eek!

So I feel we're not interacting as much with each other as we used to and it's made me really sad.

I loved the rolls eyes dude, how do you illustrate sarcasm now? The green grin man who you used five or six times in a row when quoting a post you found to be hilarious. I also hate the bright white background, oh and it's ten times harder to post a quote via mobile as the text gets 'sucked' into the box all the time.

Sort it out DS!
  • Options
    DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    I keep hoping I'll log on and find we've got rid of the new smilies but no luck. 87% of forum members want the old smilies back but sadly DS seems intent on foisting those insipid biscuits upon us.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    86.25% yes
    13.75% no

Who do you think they'll listen to? *Mr Sleep*

The latter
  • Options
    Chelle21Chelle21 Posts: 3,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not only the old smileys but the old colours too! This colour scheme just looks too dull. :(
  • Options
    DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    Things are looking up! :D I hope they bring back the eek smiley!
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o Our wish has been granted!
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my :o!

But what is :kitty:? And where is rollseyes? >:(
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! They've actually listened to us!:eek:

Although, the :eek: smiley is the only one that's come back normally.

This is a small step of improvement! :)
  • Options
    MindeeMindee Posts: 22,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek:
    /(_)\
    ^^
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    :o:o:o:o:o:o

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

:D:D:D

I like this guy - ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    oh i see the new smilies :D
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o wants to be back with his friends. Bring back the others.

Oh and he's allergic to cats :kitty: and Asian people ^_^.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Thank you for the smilies Admin people it's a really nice gesture that i think will be greatly appreciated by posters
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Just came in to say thanks DS for some smilies that I can actually see clearly.:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not quite the original but these ones are a MAJOR improvement on the bloody Jammie Dodgers.

Although Rolleyes, Sleep and Yawn apparently won't be back.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    There's a space for Mr Rolleyes, I hope he comes back! I'm so pleased the smilies have got better!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Well done for listening Mr DS.

Now bring back rolleyes!!! :kitty:
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    :p:cool::blush:
    :o:)
    :D
  • Options
    NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so happy that we have clearer, more colourful smilies back! :) Only missing rolleyes, but I have hopes for him too now.
    Disnae wrote: »
    I keep hoping I'll log on and find we've got rid of the new smilies but no luck. 87% of forum members want the old smilies back but sadly DS seems intent on foisting those insipid biscuits upon us.
    I know this post is no longer relevant, but I'm quoting because now that we have decent smilies again I can do this:
    :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh cocksacks.

I was really enjoying everyone refusing to use smileys in protest.

I hate bloody smileys.
  • Options
    miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    Ohhhhhhhh mr eek!!!!!!!! :o:o:o:o:o:o:o how I've missed you :D glad to see some of the others back too. (although I think mr cheesey grin may be an imposter....)

Thank yoooo DS!
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was enjoying having nice tidy uniform ones...
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    I see DS are updating the smiley's as we speak to be honest now there back I think I can live with the white. Thank You DS.

Here is a guide to the smiley's.

:) - Smile. He is the son of the old yellow smile. The old one had to retire after a long service of 13 year. Smiley's have a shorter life span. He spends his days now browsing the forum and also enjoy's having a good cry as he couldn't before.

:( - Sad. He is the son of the old sad and his refreshed look is explained by the fact that he is younger than is father is. His father sadly died this year due to exhaustion from crying to much. His son has learned from this by not actually crying only implying that he is crying by putting on a sad face. He is expected to live until he is 26 due to this.

:p - Stick Out Tongue. He is the son of the old one that used to stick out tongue. His father now spends his retirement by drinking lots of water having his tongue out for so long has caused dehydration.

>:( - Angry. He is the son of the old Angry face that used to spend 24 Hours a day here on Digital Spy. His father got really angry when the yellow smiley's turned up as he had been waiting for his turn to be the face. The Angry version of the Yellow smiley set is missing and may never be seen again.

;-) - Wink. He is the son of the old Wink.

:D - Grin. He is the nephew of the old Grin that used to be here. He had to step in due to due his Grin not having any kids. His uncle was the oldest out of the first generation and is close to death but spends most of his day trolling on the internet. He has mastered troll face.

:blush: - Embarrassed. He is the son of the old smiley that had to leave the forum due to stage fright. The new one is not really embarrassed but he is a good actor.

:cool: - Cool. He is the father of the old smiley that used to be on this forum. His son never had any kids so he agreed to take his place. He thinks he is cool but he really is not.

:o - Eek. The original and the best he was offered retirement but refused it. He gave his reasons as if Louis Walsh gets to stay on The X Factor I get to stay on Digital Spy. It was reported that he was planning to sue Digital Spy over unfair dismissal by being replaced by the yellow smiley's he was paid £500 compensation. His son is not amused.

:kitty: - Cat. Winner of the Search for a new Smiley competition 2013. He reportedly has 9 lives.