Options

Masterchef: The Professionals 2013... coming soon

Comments

• Options
    MeoquiMeoqui Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Don't worry, he's getting plenty of support!

Yeah he is thankfully. I tweeted...not that I am an anyone lol I rarely go on there! But felt in this case I would!
    I wonder if I can get cats to puke on MRJ in a tweet hehe
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was unexpected, but Stephen's dishes looked great. And they all agreed on him. Adam made a mistake when he decided to do something else than what he's always had a success with. BTW when Gregg said "Great pineapple" I was expecting Monica to say "I wouldn't know" :D There's only one winner, but I think they will all get noticed, not just Stephen.
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eat sprouts and die <snip> :D

That sounds like a vegetarian assassin's death threat.
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the fun on the thread guys!
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggywink wrote: »
    Well he won't care what you think - he's Masterchef now.

I've never been a groveller, probably why I'm not a master anything. Not even a master debater.
  • Options
    kingofcakeskingofcakes Posts: 2,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Adam entered this week as favourite, but he didn't do much during the week that made him stand out from the others, and it was probably pretty even going into the final round.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tiggywink wrote: »
    So did Mozart and look what happened to him.

lol Better to be a Mozart than a Salieri. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeltaBlues wrote: »
    That sounds like a vegetarian assassin's death threat.

lol :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another fantastic threat for a fantastic series :D

So where to now??
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    apaul wrote: »
    I don't see how you can say that when he only tied with Steven in the semis and lost to him tonight. You can argue he has more talent and potential, but Steven and Scott have the advantages of been more mature, more unflappable and less headstrong. Adam's performance in all four days of the final hasn't been ahead of the others.

The voice of reason! BIB - very possibly this is what did for him. People praise him for being himself then slate Steven for being a groveller - when in fact he was simply trying to listen and learn from those with more experience. And it got him the prize.
    Adam got angry with the Italian genius, somehow that seemed to highlight his unwillingness to be flexible - to experiment, and if you do this, then you have be really sure that what you are doing is better.
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Adam entered this week as favourite, but he didn't do much during the week that made him stand out from the others, and it was probably pretty even going into the final round.

Maybe he had his card marked when he got flustered cooking for the chefs - and he did admit tonight to getting flustered if things don't go to plan. They may have decided he is not ready yet - temperament wise.
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never been a groveller, probably why I'm not a master anything. Not even a master debater.

Is there a message in that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm watching a programme about a serial killer to try and cheer myself up. :D
  • Options
    CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Posts: 5,496
    Forum Member
    I thought Stephen would win when Adam's menu wasn't as well received as the others

Adam might have "it", but I think the winner needs to cook to a certain standard in the final (not vastly better than everyone else, but as good as everyone else) and he didn't do it
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he had his card marked when he got flustered cooking for the chefs - and he did admit tonight to getting flustered if things don't go to plan. They may have decided he is not ready yet - temperament wise.

I honestly don't think it was as deep as that. I think it was as presented to us.. Adam sadly fell at the final hurdle and Michel couldn't ignore the faults with his dishes... however much he admired Adam and had high expectations of Adam. Simple as that really for me.
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww bless his heart!!! :blush:

Adam Handling ‏@AdamHandling 32m
    So sorry guys! I let my self down... So sorry :(

https://twitter.com/AdamHandling
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam might have "it", but I think the winner needs to cook to a certain standard in the final (not vastly better than everyone else, but as good as everyone else) and he didn't do it

Yep indeed. You need to peak in the final or at least stay on the curve you were on before it. There was no way Michel could point out faults with three dishes and then give that same person the title.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the result had anything to do with temperament or attitude. If it were so, half of UK high-end chefs would be looking for a new job. Adam clearly did not deliver.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    apaul wrote: »
    It was the best food on the day, and they've always judged on that.

Exactly. Adam made mistakes. Stephen's food tasted terrific according to the judges, and that's the bit we can't argue over as we can't taste it. It all looked lovely. It had the edge over Scott's menu and it was fault-free. Adam might have got away with it if he'd made a minor mistake on one dish out of three and if the other two had been mindblowingly good, but Michel found fault with all three of his dishes and they weren't that different from the other two menus.

Well done to Stephen. Good luck for the future to all three of them.
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MRJ judged Adam harshly because his father judged HIM harshly - it's called transference and you need to go to therapy and sort yourself out MRJ!!

So gutted for Adam but he has star quality written all over him, he will do just fine out of this.
  • Options
    yaddabyaddab Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    without reading anything I am so pissed off this is not ready t o watch ... bastards
  • Options
    Nova21Nova21 Posts: 14,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone wants to have another fix of the absolute ignorance and idiocy of Gregg Wallace and food they should be watching BBC1.. he is hosting a doc. called Supermarket Secrets...
    He is an embarrassment.
  • Options
    ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gutted, so I don't know how Adam and Scott must be feeling. If Adam wasn't going to win I was sure it would be Scott. Stephen is just boring. If I'm going out to an expensive restaurant I want something that my local restaurant can't produce.

Anyone know what Stephen is doing now? His wife must be so pleased.:D
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at Adam's twitter page, he and Scott met tonight to watch the final together! I'm sure they will remain good friends!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbTyyecIcAA4abh.jpg:large
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    If I'm going out to an expensive restaurant I want perfect food. I'm not bothered by how exotic it is. I want it to look nice and taste divine.

I see Gregg Wallace's restaurant in Bermondsey has closed. I can't say I'm surprised after browsing some of the online reviews last year. Where does that leave his credentials to judge Masterchef?