Options

Mikael Kular 3 Year Old Missing from Edinburgh

Comments

• Options
    TylersnanTylersnan Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    Whats wrong with that? :confused: manued2009 was just looking at the distance between where Mikael went missing and where his body has been found.

I'm sorry but I found it in bad taste:( Having lost my own son probably tainted it some what!
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meilie wrote: »
    It'll be another case of child neglect.

Seems to be happening more and more lately.

You simply cannot know that! No information has been released as to the circumstances of his death. For all anyone knows, there was an accident and she panicked.
  • Options
    InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Domestic news hands over to world news at 1AM which will have something to do with that.

Good point
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meilie wrote: »
    It'll be another case of child neglect.

Seems to be happening more and more lately.

10+ million children in the UK - sadly neglect isn't a 1 in a million occurrence....
  • Options
    HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Doesn't mean she actually commited the act but has been detained in connection.

Yes thanks!! :confused:, that's exactly what l wrote in the first place, the BIB that you quoted.
    Nobody has suggested, yet, that she was responsible for his death.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Brady12 wrote: »
    Sky News says the person has been arrested.

I'm on Sky news right now and they said the person had been detained, no arrest or charge. They also pointed out like I did, that this could merely mean they want to speak to her more in depth about the situation, as she might have more information to give.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tylersnan wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I found it in bad taste:( Having lost my own son probably tainted it some what!

Actually, it was one of the few factual statements on this thread and made it clear that the child could not have covered that distance on his own.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Such a horrible horrible thing, I went cold when they just announced that on the news, I was (like everyone) hoping so much for a happy ending for this little boy.

Does anybody know what 'detained' actually means?
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm very sorry to hear that. I have to admit I did the same thing as manued2009, as I wanted to see if Mikaeel could possibly have reached Fife by himself. I had no idea how far apart the locations were. I am truly sorry for your loss - this thread must be especially difficult for you. :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sorry to hear of your son.

My post was not in bad taste I was just intrested in the distance between where he went missing and where Fife is in relation to that as I knww its a different city but not how far, Fife could have been 2 miles up the road for all I know, and as Sky nor the BBC (mainly Sky)had a clue of the distance I google mapped the distance between the 2 places and if he would have been able to of reached it himself.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no :( RIP little boy.
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor lad. Somehow failed by his nearest and dearest.

If the person detained tonight is, as claimed by Sky, his mother - she is going to need quite some protection from the locals that were out searching today. They will not be happy.
  • Options
    charger21charger21 Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on Sky news right now and they said the person had been detained, no arrest or charge. They also pointed out like I did, that this could merely mean they want to speak to her more in depth about the situation, as she might have more information to give.

I know people dont want to consider the fact a mother could kill their own child that was always the most likely outcomeof this. I said a few posts up it was always gonna be either mum killed or dad abducted but given the door was locked and only mum and child at home the former was always the most likely or at least to have had something to do with it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    manued2009 wrote: »

My post was not in bad taste I was just intrested in the distance between where he went missing and where Fife is in relation to that as I knww its a different city but not how far, Fife could have been 2 miles up the road for all I know, and as Sky nor the BBC (mainly Sky)had a clue of the distance I google mapped the distance between the 2 places and if he would have been able to of reached it himself.

In the interests of clarity. Fife is a county which lies directly across the River Forth from Edinburgh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    Held for questioning - could just be enquiries, without charge and able to leave at any time.

Right, thank you. So no where near the same as being arrested as some people are already using that word.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :blush:
    Such a horrible horrible thing, I went cold when they just announced that on the news, I was (like everyone) hoping so much for a happy ending for this little boy.

Does anybody know what 'detained' actually means?

Im normally quite a hardnosed bastard, 21 years in nhs does tgat to you but even i was moved by the ACCs emotion during that statement
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    charger21 wrote: »
    :blush:

Im normally quite a hardnosed bastard, 21 years in nhs does tgat to you but even i was moved by the ACCs emotion during that statement

Me too, my body actually went cold, I truly thought he had wandered off by himself and was waiting to be found. It's absolutely heartbreaking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    Hopefully this is not going to become a murder enquiry and the PM shows natural causes...

I highly doubt a 3 year old walked to fife in middle of night unnoticed
  • Options
    TylersnanTylersnan Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    manued2009 wrote: »

Please accept my apologies, I just saw red for a moment. I always look at things from a different view! Sorry Xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    charger21 wrote: »
    I know people dont want to consider the fact a mother could kill their own child that was always the most likely outcomeof this. I said a few posts up it was always gonna be either mum killed or dad abducted but given the door was locked and only mum and child at home the former was always the most likely or at least to have had something to do with it

As I said when I corrected your post, the mother has been detained. Not arrested. Or charged.
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right, thank you. So no where near the same as being arrested as some people are already using that word.

If you are held, you are no longer free to go about your lawful business...................which is the definition of arrest.

Most likely at this stage will be a detention under Section 14;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1995/46/section/14
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofieellis wrote: »
    I'm very sorry to hear that. I have to admit I did the same thing as manued2009, as I wanted to see if Mikaeel could possibly have reached Fife by himself. I had no idea how far apart the locations were. I am truly sorry for your loss - this thread must be especially difficult for you. :cry:

Google maps is taking the central points from both counties which is about 30 odd miles. The actual distance between the 2 is actually 6 miles, from North Queensferry (Fife) to Kirkliston (Edinburgh).
This discussion has been closed.