Options

What became of your old school bully?

Comments

• Options
    Carlos_dfcCarlos_dfc Posts: 8,262
    Forum Member
    I wasn't bullied myself, but the lad who was the worst bully at my comprehensive school is now dead.

He started taking steroids for bodybuilding while at school... and though I don't know if he continued taking them, he did continue with the bodybuilding, and was huge.
    He pegged-out of a heart attack in his early forties.
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    harpy wrote: »
    She hung herself a year after leaving school.

Can't say I mourned her too much.

At least she's not out making someone else's life a total misery anymore. I don't think people who've never suffered years of ridicule and unwarranted abuse at the hands of such bullies on a daily basis can fully understand how it feels to hate someone so much after so many years of living in fear, self loathing and depression.
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You never felt any empathy for her?, tried to imagine how she might of felt?, tried to imagine that she might of envied you and your lovely 'niceness'?

I expect/hope somebody mourned her.
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Well, I can tell from your reply that you have never been bullied, as if you had been, you would know that "playing nice" to a bully is the fastest way to get your head kicked in.

If a few pieces of scum get their comeuppance then that is tough.

You're absolutely right. The second a user or a bully sees an ounce of kindness or weakness they will exploit it.
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    At least she's not out making someone else's life a total misery anymore. I don't think people who've never suffered years of ridicule and unwarranted abuse at the hands of such bullies on a daily basis can fully understand how it feels to hate someone so much after so many years of living in fear, self loathing and depression.

You are depressing me.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only know that one of them ended up in prison for few years after some money laundering scheme.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,326
    Forum Member
    The one which was the main problem at my school turned up with his boyfriend at the 10 year reunion. Explains why he called everyman and his dog gay at school.
  • Options
    lubo 25lubo 25 Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The majority on here who say they were bullied sound nasty, maybe there is more to some of it than meets the eye
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    flower 2 wrote: »
    You are depressing me.

For someone that has expressed confusion and disgust at this thread you seem to be the most active in it. Were you a bully at school? Is that why you're taking all these posts so personally?
  • Options
    AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flower 2 wrote: »
    There was obviously more to him than just a bully, and obviously he had an affect on your life that made you glad to see someone from back then too. :)

Agree to the first part, but not the second. Obviously there was some potential for personal growth. But not obvious that he had an affect on my life. I probably would have been happier to meet virtually anyone else than him. But when you happen to bump into someone from school when you're living 3000 miles away it's nifty, even if they weren't your best buddy at the time.
  • Options
    DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was pretty popular girl in my class that enjoyed picking on me because I was quiet and never joined in with her silly games. I saw her a couple of years ago and was pleased to see she was no longer pretty, what comes around goes around.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just following on from the thread about bullying at school, there were some awful stories on there and I found myself wondering what had happened to some of those nasty or sadistic pupils. So I'm just asking if anyone who was bullied knows what became of the person who made their life a misery and is now an adult somewhere?

I don't know. When I left school I never heard of any of my school mates ever again.

Slight correction. I did stay friends with two up to the age of about 21, but none of us ever really heard about others, including bullies. Then I lost touch with those two as well.

So no idea. Not especially interested either, as I was never bothered by bullies. I had a "reputation" for being a bit psycho (no idea why tbh) and I think for that reason, I was always left alone.
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,500
    Forum Member
    lubo 25 wrote: »
    The majority on here who say they were bullied sound nasty, maybe there is more to some of it than meets the eye

Yes, the victims of bullying bring it on themselves, don't they?
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marfjam wrote: »
    Not my bully as such, but the generally-accepted "official school bully" -- for those who needed bullying -- was the perfect example of "well-dressed thug". He could have been the role model for Barry Barry off Waterloo Road.

!

ours ended paralised after crash while joy riding
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was never bullied at school...

I got picked on once by some kid who fancied himself a bit and three of his mates. The same night I followed him from school, caught him alone and beat him until he cried for mercy.

I guess word got round and I was never picked on again...
  • Options
    MonsterMunch99MonsterMunch99 Posts: 2,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lubo 25 wrote: »

It is slightly troubling to read people taking delight in other people's suffering however many years later. Most people are arseholes and everyone makes mistakes when they are young, including all those people who claimed to be the victims. Just move on and forget it, and this is from someone who was bullied at school, before anyone throws that one at me.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Semierotic wrote: »
    Why are people friends with their bullies on Facebook?

Well when I added them it was 15 years after the events so did did wonder how they had turned out plus I don't want to hold that grudge forever.

Now I have added some of them but admit I have never really spoken to them on FB some not at all.
  • Options
    HelenW82HelenW82 Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I heard a rumour about one of the people that 'bullied' at school but I don't know how true it is.

Apparently they were mentally ill and set fire to there a house in a bid to kill the person inside.

There was a missing persons report in the local press for someone else who was in my form. I wouldn't have called the missing person a bully but they could snap very easily and had quite a temper on them. The person did come back to school for a week but then never saw them again.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at the outcomes on here it seems that a lot of the bullies were very troubled themselves (suicides/drugs/prison). So whilst not condoning any form of bullying, there were probably very damaged individuals taking their anger out on others to stop some type of inner turmoil.

I was not bullied but my sister was and it was horrible. In her case one of her friends turned on her and got a gang behind her to make her life a misery. It all started when my sister blossomed into a pretty girl....jealousy is a terrible thing.

I saw other people bulled at school and I am ashamed that I did nothing to assist, even just sitting next to them in class, mainly because I thought they would turn on me.

I have been bullied at work though but I snapped one day and she treats me with kid gloves these days.
  • Options
    Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member

That's sad. She must have been a desperately unhappy person.
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a bloke who was 3/4 years older than me & he made my first years at school hell,, as the years went on & I got older he got quite nice but I never got even with him,,
    But!!! guess what,, our old school is having a reunion in july & I'm told he is coming,, so it will be get even time for me,,:)

Yeah, go for it..
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    It is slightly troubling to read people taking delight in other people's suffering however many years later. Most people are arseholes and everyone makes mistakes when they are young, including all those people who claimed to be the victims. Just move on and forget it, and this is from someone who was bullied at school, before anyone throws that one at me.

Exactly. Just like the apparent victims of school bullies who claim to have changed into stronger and more beautiful looking people as they have aged, so then many people who were obnoxious kids and bullies at school have changed for the better as they have matured as well. People just aren't the same as adults as they were at 13 and 14 for the most part.

We had a reunion at our school recently to celebrate the school's 50th year, and it was good to see a lot of people. Many of the cooler kids are in rubbish jobs, many of the wallflowers and nerdy kids have blossomed into good-looking extroverts, one of the smallest, swotty kids was now a 6 foot odd bodybuilder who works the doors of a nightclub. It's life. One person in my class reminded me that I actually never spoke to them in all the time we were at school together, and I kind of regret that looking back. People need to let it go.
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's sad. She must have been a desperately unhappy person.

... spread it around too.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blanking out guilt/regrets/generally non-positive emotions with a metaphoric and literal cover is hardly the most stable means of finding oneself. I'd wager her internal troubles aren't over.

I know, I was being kind! You're probably right.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member

I suspect that there's an element of creative wish fulfilment at work in some of the stories.;-)