Options

Susannah Reid going to ITV

Comments

• Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having heard the latest news of Susanna's ex being on the dating website, I thought: Poor Susanna.

I suspect that Susanna's recent breakup of her relationship may have happened over last Christmas.

We all know the Christmas season is one of the common factors which cause marriage/relationship breakups.

I know how she feels at the moment and that she's not the only person to have this misfortune happen to her as my relationship breakup with an ex happened during one Christmas period a few years ago. It completely ruined everything Christmassy, not only for me but for my children & the rest of my family as well as his. I don't want to go into details on what happened as it's something I still don't want to remember & talk about now.

Anyway I wish Susanna all the strength she needs to recover from her recent trauma & move on for herself & her 3 boys in the future.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Can't believe he's signed up to a dating website already! Don't people just want to have a bit of breathing space these days when they have come out of a long relationship?!

As for Susanna's move, ITV are getting through presenters quicker than the weather changes. Their breakfast shows are doomed to failure.

Blimey it's not took him long has it? Notice he's also in the hunt for a 35-45 year old, someone younger obviously,probably minus the stretch marks from having his 3 kids. Pah!!

Not a big fan of Susannah but I do feel really sorry for her.
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Hubby sounds rather pathetic alright

ETA: Oops was he even hubby
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we to suddenly decide to switch from the BBC to ITV because an auto cue reader has jumped ship? fact is folk watch BBC Breakfast because its a news program and want to know whats happening in the world rather than fluff about what pointless penis is shaggin some reality minger as the case regarding Daybreak ect.

Reid will not add viewers
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    Hubby sounds rather pathetic alright

ETA: Oops was he even hubby

He wasn't.

Think I read somewhere that she didn't want to, as her own parents split when she was younger.

(Mind you, that didn't stop her wearing an eternity ring on that particular finger on screen on occasion, which probably accounts for the confusion ! On a similar vein, Kirstie Allsop is supposed to be in a long term unmarried relationship plus children, but her other half has been described as her husband in recent interviews. When, if, did that change, if it has?)
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of people here are jumping to conclusions. Just because the split has become public now doesn't mean it happened recently.
    For all anyone knows it could have been towards the end of last year and they've kept It private for the sake of their kids.

Blaming either side is a bit silly as well because you don't know if the split was instigated by either of them or they mutually came to this decision after a period of trying to work things out.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    They'll see at ITV if she's all they are hoping for, but she'd be silly not to take the money.

And if she's not, she's buggered. I think she should have stayed with the BBC because her job was secure. ITV don't have a good reputation for keeping people on their breakfast show. They get rid of presenters at the drop of a hat if they don't live up to their expectations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of people here are jumping to conclusions. Just because the split has become public now doesn't mean it happened recently.
    For all anyone knows it could have been towards the end of last year and they've kept It private for the sake of their kids.

Blaming either side is a bit silly as well because you don't know if the split was instigated by either of them or they mutually came to this decision after a period of trying to work things out.

Yeah, their marriage could easily have been in trouble for quite some time and just decided to officially announce it now because they've realised that it's went beyond the point of no return. It could simply be a case of them both falling out of love with each other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    And if she's not, she's buggered. I think she should have stayed with the BBC because her job was secure. ITV don't have a good reputation for keeping people on their breakfast show. They get rid of presenters at the drop of a hat if they don't live up to their expectations.

Even if that happened they'd have to pay up her contract and I don't think she'd have a hard time finding alternative employment. If they've offered anywhere near what's been rumoured then she's going to earn several times her BBC salary in a lot shorter time.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It would still be a couple of months and if she saves some money she'll be fine till she finds something else. A steady job can be boring, this is a challenge for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, their marriage could easily have been in trouble for quite some time and just decided to officially announce it now because they've realised that it's went beyond the point of no return. It could simply be a case of them both falling out of love with each other.

The official announcement was only made after the papers started asking questions because the dating profile was found out. Otherwise I think they would have not bothered.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So who just happened to be looking on Match.com then?

How well known is Dominic compared to Susanna?

Surely his profile has only been raised since Strictly & probably not by much.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV likes the publicity anything which will help the Breakfast show launch. ( How many new launches will that be?):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    It would still be a couple of months and if she saves some money she'll be fine till she finds something else. A steady job can be boring, this is a challenge for her.

I'm sure there'll be people out there who'd love a steady job with a good salary.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjake wrote: »
    One thing I have noticed is their is a snobbery when comparing athletes and actors/singers salaries.

When A-Listers likes of Robert Downey Jr, Will Smith, Leonardo Di Caprio etc....take home 40m after starring in ONE MOVIE (which took probably less than a year to film0, nobody says anything or you never really hear people moan.

However when the best footballers like Ronaldo, Rooney, Messi etc..are making 15m a year the endless ''overpaid'' comments prop up despite the fact that actors/singers earn more.
    Is it a class thing?

Acting takes talent. It can take months of preparation to develop the character, from research to physical/stunt/skill training.

Football takes years of developed skill in terms of teamwork, timing, accuracy, physical endurance development...

Wearing a short skirt and blazer combo while reading autocue and sitting on a sofa is not exactly the work of extreme talent.

It's not a class thing, it is a skill set thing. Frankly any literate pole dancer could probably do the jobs Holly Willoughby and Susanna Reid.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wearing a short skirt and blazer combo while reading autocue and sitting on a sofa is not exactly the work of extreme talent.
    Watch more closely, I can see her talent every time she uncrosses her legs.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's got to move on. Don't BBC get rid of older women. Perhaps she doesn't want to be pushed out for being too old.
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She tweeted on valentine day she was having a day out with him celebrating X years together.
  • Options
    chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newsreader that can dance a bit takes a lucrative contract on rival station, cannot blame her one iota, will this enhance her career ?
    In my opinion absolutely not, this format has totally failed once & SR certainly does not have enough star quality to remotely revive it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    So who just happened to be looking on Match.com then?

How well known is Dominic compared to Susanna?

Surely his profile has only been raised since Strictly & probably not by much.

Anybody?

I wouldn't count Match.Com in my list of top searches.

There must have been a tip off somewhere!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way this is dragging out, and the media's continuing nonstop obsession with Susanna has become even more tedious than when it was Christine Bleakley they all had their raging hard-on for. Someone wake me when it's over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey it's not took him long has it? Notice he's also in the hunt for a 35-45 year old, someone younger obviously,probably minus the stretch marks from having his 3 kids. Pah!!

Agreed. He sounds like a complete pig. She'll be far better off without him.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    ITV likes the publicity anything which will help the Breakfast show launch. ( How many new launches will that be?):D

Every time they revamp it the audience drops, it's actually lower now than the Chiles/Bleakley era.Apparently Garroway is going this time too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yahoo are saying she IS leaving the BBC. I hope they are right, just so the tedious speculation in the media will stop.
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I felt sorry for her too, her ex comes across as an utter twit, he knew fine well his being on a dating site would be picked up by the media, clearly he's shown no thought toward their young sons either. Any woman stupid enough to actually agree to start dating this moron must surely be aware that she's only being used in a pathetic attempt to have a dig at Suzanna, I hope she just cuts him loose and moves on without a backward glance, a woman deserves better than a childish wally like that.