Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• Options
    LONERIDER37LONERIDER37 Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    calling people scum probably says more about you than anything else

As has been pointed out to me on the Man Utd thread, he's saying it in his own supporters thread not on your thread!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both against Norwich spring to mind. Both better than Rooneys in my opinion.

and mine ...

Suarez brilliant again today, great result, better defending will be needed when City & Chelsea come to town though.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    As has been pointed out to me on the Man Utd thread, he's saying it in his own supporters thread not on your thread!

Then he'll go in the United thread and act all polite and respectful as if none of them see what he types in here. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Then he'll go in the United thread and act all polite and respectful as if none of them see what he types in here. :D

He wont be the first Ive seen do that then .... ;-)

Liv on Game of the day now guys :)
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member

did i say he cant say it?

just said it says more about the person than anything else.
  • Options
    mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    did i say he cant say it?

just said it says more about the person than anything else.

and do you make a point of raising the issue in the united thread when someone uses the same type of language about other teams fans, just wondering
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    mikeyddd wrote: »
    and do you make a point of raising the issue in the united thread when someone uses the same type of language about other teams fans, just wondering

He can call us scum all he wants but keep out of the Man Utd thread acting all nice if you are going to behave like that.

I post here from time to time and wouldn't call Liverpool or their fans scum ever.

Its pretty simple.
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    mikeyddd wrote: »

plenty of times actually.
  • Options
    mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    plenty of times actually.

That's good, will save me doing it then ;-)
  • Options
    bamberbamber Posts: 1,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thank heavens when i watched it this afternoon, i did not have to listen to trever francis.
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to say I'm not liking all the animosity in this thread. I think people need to show a bit more class and respect. I dislike United intensely but don't resort to calling people scum. Also who cares what Uniteds result against West Ham is? I could understand weeks ago when they were actually some kind of threat to the top 4, but they aren't now. Watching them and hoping they lose and going into their thread to wind up is so small time it's unreal given our position compared to theirs. It's like United fans wanting to get beaten by City on Tuesday to scupper Liverpools title hopes. Small time!!

The two biggest clubs in English football history and certain supporters showing no respect or class to each other. Pathetic!! It's good to have a bit of needle but there are ways and means.

I blame Soccer Am I really do............
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    He can call us scum all he wants but keep out of the Man Utd thread acting all nice if you are going to behave like that.

I post here from time to time and wouldn't call Liverpool or their fans scum ever.

Its pretty simple.

Not sure where this 'scum' thing comes from. Football fans can be so tribal it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good result, another 3 points.

Regarding insults - Liverpool fans have called dippers for along time by some United fans and others for awhile now which is a pretty bad insult as it is about poverty/class status. Lots are just as bad as one another.
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,148
    Forum Member
    misawa97 wrote: »
    Not sure where this 'scum' thing comes from. Football fans can be so tribal it's ridiculous.

It's a very common practice of sayings amongst fans in my experience mostly amongst Forum folks

Not a vey nice or appropriate saying but nether the less a frequent one

People do as they please but it's totally totally totally inappropriate, Calling a team scum or a fan scum makes you if anyone sound like scum......they are just footy fans like ourselves
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member

But no one on the United thread are using words like "scum" to describe us. Imagine if someone on their thread calling us "victims", or "dippers" (as Scribbles mentions).

People using such words to describe fans add nothing to any discussion. They just lose credibility.
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm actually quite happy for the scum to win games like this against West Ham. Why? Because if they lost games like this then they would have to get rid of Moyes. But if beating West Ham is enough to keep Moyes in his job then that suits me just fine because they're never going to win the league again with him in charge. :D
    I'm also delighted they drew Bayern in the CL, that should be good viewing! ^_^

Calling people 'scum' is not only insulting and against forum rules, it's pretty childish and cowardly behaviour from you. I've noted you previously mentioned how you are suffering depression and anxiety and it would probably be best to ignore you, but that is no excuse for wishing people luck in one thread and then two minutes later, insulting them by labeling them 'scum'.

It's apparent from the sheer number of posts/threads about Manchester United on this forum you have, that your sole intention here is to bait and wind up the supporters. My advice, whether you want it or not, is to remove yourself from this forum for a while, before the owners ban you themselves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    My 'scum' comment was only meant tongue-in-cheek but I apologise to anyone who thought it was out of order.

I'm still buzzing afte yesterday's win and especially the hat trick. If United can halt City on Tuesday night then I'll really start to believe the league is possible for us to win. :)
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liverpool need 22 goals in 8 games to break Chelsea's record for goals in a Premier League season. That record is in serious danger of being broken, even if Liverpool do not win the title.
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 'scum' comment was only meant tongue-in-cheek but I apologise to anyone who thought it was out of order.

I'm still buzzing afte yesterday's win and especially the hat trick. If United can halt City on Tuesday night then I'll really start to believe the league is possible for us to win. :)

This used to be a thread where you could come for good robust discussion, now we are left with idiots like you making supposedly, 'tongue in cheek' comments.

It's a shame that the moderation on here means the likes of you are free to post when the likes of Tel69 and Celesti get hit with bans..
  • Options
    Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    As the weeks go by I really struggle to believe we were ever worried about Spurs catching us. They are awful. I was worried that they might improve when they got rid of AVB but clearly that's not an issue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comment in my FB today that seems to have got a bit of a debate going on the pros and cons, what are opinions here?

Quote -
    With the two most important games of the season to come (Chelsea and Manchester city) at home, I personally think that we need a player with presence in our midfield to help stop their attacks.

Now I know our defensive midfielder is Lucas (although now it's actually Gerrard) but what if we put Sakho in midfield alongside Gerrard against City and Chelsea? Now I know this isn't his preferred position but I just feel we need a non-nonsense tackling player who is also able to header the ball if need be in the midfield against those two teams.

Is this a good idea or am I overthinking things? Please keep in mind that if we lose any of those two games then our title hopes are up.

/Quote end.
  • Options
    kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    Comment in my FB today that seems to have got a bit of a debate going on the pros and cons, what are opinions here?

Quote -
    With the two most important games of the season to come (Chelsea and Manchester city) at home, I personally think that we need a player with presence in our midfield to help stop their attacks.

Now I know our defensive midfielder is Lucas (although now it's actually Gerrard) but what if we put Sakho in midfield alongside Gerrard against City and Chelsea? Now I know this isn't his preferred position but I just feel we need a non-nonsense tackling player who is also able to header the ball if need be in the midfield against those two teams.

Is this a good idea or am I overthinking things? Please keep in mind that if we lose any of those two games then our title hopes are up.

/Quote end.

no that will not work. Sakho is not a midfield player!

Play CB as a DM is asking for trouble. Also why is the OP worrying what chelsea and man city have in attack?

Instead City and chelsea should be worrying about our attacking threat.
  • Options
    Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    I don't think there is anything wrong with worrying what City at least, have in attack. They have a brilliant front line. I wouldn't play Sakho in midfield though. I haven't seen enough from him to believe that to be a good idea. I probably would play Allen, Gerrard and Henderson though. The have Sterling, Suarez and Sturridge up front.
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we need to stop worrying about games like City or Chelsea and wait until they are actually our next match. Otherwise it will do your head in trying to predict what will happen etc. Believe me it is head doing worrying about that stuff.

Next game Sunderland, that's all we should be bothered about!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is just a case of some of 'us' getting the jitters - we are so close to touching the top now, it has to set the shudders going. I would just trust BR to get the right format for the game coming up, I really do trust that guy fully.

I have been looking at what we have left to contend with, basically on the top 5 (ignored Spurs though!).

City have 3 big away matches yet. Arsenal, Us and Everton. 10 matches left 63 points

We, Arsenal and Everton have 2 big ones -
    Us to City and Chelsea. 8 matches left 65 points
    Everton at home to Arsenal and City. 9 matches left 54 points
    Arsenal home to City and away to Everton. 8 matches left 62 points

Chelsea just have us away. 7 matches left 69 points

I can actually see us losing out by one point to City - unless some other team takes points from us. Basically, if we win every point we can now, it could still be out of our hands - we just have to hope City lose that point to someone else. And to be brutally frank, I would rather it wasn't Man U - they will never, ever let us forget that they 'helped' us win the league! :o
This discussion has been closed.