Options

Danielle O'Hara

Comments

• Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    If a fairly basic and simple point fluctuates with the wind and doesn't address the rather more complex issues of why people dislike someone then it is not worthy of much other than derision.

My stance on this has never wavered, let alone fluctuated with the wind.

It is only those who cannot properly comprehend my points who dismiss them out of hand.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    My stance on this has never wavered, let alone fluctuated with the wind.

It is only those who cannot properly comprehend my points who dismiss them out of hand.

This was your very 1st post in this thread:

Wow, the hatred towards this one is strong!

Now I'd never use the 'J' word on here towards any individual posters (heaven forbid right) but when you see women calling her 'pig ugly' and attacking the looks of an ex beauty queen with such vitriol, I can see how some might wonder about the motivation behind such comments. It would be interesting to see how they would compare to her aesthetically...

Only on this particular forum can you get some women say Rebecca Addlington is beautiful and Danielle O'H is as ugly as a pig!

Don't go changing now showbiz

& then you wonder why people MIGHT take slight umbrage and then wonder why people don't believe you when you say this:

I have not said I think all women who continually slag off conventionally attractive women are all jealous. At no point have I said that and I can categorically tell you I most certainly do NOT think that.

I am saying I can see why when they post as they do, others might be led to think that way.

& then you dismiss the racist aspects of her character by talking about 'muddy waters' and repeating the same points ad nauseam.

Just as you can see 'why when they post as they do, others might be led to think that way, the same could be said that you might not be dismissing all female forum members expressing a negative opinion about O'Hara as bitter jealous hags but it might be possible for us to be led that way by your stance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And if they do, I would hope that they would do a better job than you of reading the replies that they elicit.

Thank you for your concern, but the 7th or 8th time you make the same response, it kinda seems like you would like to make that point but don't have the courage of your convictions.

If that is not the case, perhaps you should be aware that some people might read your posts and be led to think that you really are a bit of a snobby misogynist, trying to find a way to diminish people who you somehow feel superior to. I'm not saying that you do, just that if you post as you do, others might be led to think that way.

Hang on a minute- the one person who criticises the endless slagging off of women (especially those who love to mock someone's physical appearance) is the misogynist? For the love of god please tell me you're a WUM.

The person defending women hates women? You know how utterly stupid that sounds right? The women haters are certainly here, that's for sure, but you're barking up the wrong tree if you think that applies to me..

Me, I love women. They're great.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was your very 1st post in this thread:

Wow, the hatred towards this one is strong!

Now I'd never use the 'J' word on here towards any individual posters (heaven forbid right) but when you see women calling her 'pig ugly' and attacking the looks of an ex beauty queen with such vitriol, I can see how some might wonder about the motivation behind such comments. It would be interesting to see how they would compare to her aesthetically...

Only on this particular forum can you get some women say Rebecca Addlington is beautiful and Danielle O'H is as ugly as a pig!

Don't go changing now showbiz

& then you wonder why people MIGHT take slight umbrage and then wonder why people don't believe you when you say this:

I have not said I think all women who continually slag off conventionally attractive women are all jealous. At no point have I said that and I can categorically tell you I most certainly do NOT think that.

I am saying I can see why when they post as they do, others might be led to think that way.

& then you dismiss the racist aspects of her character by talking about 'muddy waters' and repeating the same points ad nauseam.

Just as you can see 'why when they post as they do, others might be led to think that way, the same could be said that you might not be dismissing all female forum members expressing a negative opinion about O'Hara as bitter jealous hags but it might be possible for us to be led that way by your stance.
    Found this, think it is appropriate...
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/backpeddling.gif
  • Options
    Forum Member

What was that I was saying about primary school playgrounds again...? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on a minute- the one person who criticises the endless slagging off of women (especially those who love to mock someone's physical appearance) is the misogynist? For the love of god please tell me you're a WUM.

The person defending women hates women? You know how utterly stupid that sounds right? The women haters are certainly here, that's for sure, but you're barking up the wrong tree if you think that applies to me..

Because you're basically insinuating that women are shallow bitter jealous hags who criticise other women solely on an aesthetic basis.

I'd say that's fairly misogynist, yes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hang on a minute- the one person who criticises the endless slagging off of women (especially those who love to mock someone's physical appearance) is the mysoginist?

The person defending women hates women? You know how utterly stupid that sounds right? The women haters are certainly here, that's for sure, but you're barking up the wrong tree if you think thaty applies to me..

You think that telling women that their opinions are wrong, that they are jealous of disgusting representations of humanity and that their points are of little value and easily ignored and dismissed is being supportive?

Women are allowed to not like other women. Just as men are allowed to not like other men. And, surprisingly, they do not need your approval first.

As to your last point...you get that women are individuals, right? Not a giant collective of boobs? Different looks, thoughts, attitudes, brains, abilities? Different thoughts, beliefs, desires, needs, histories? Different values, different psyches, different morals?

Rather than just a weird ideal set out centuries ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Because you're basically insinuating that women are shallow bitter jealous hags who criticise other women solely on an aesthetic basis.

I'd say that's fairly misogynist, yes.

No I am not. I am doing nothing of the sort. I do not think this, I never have thought this, and never will think this. Coming on here knowing I'll get the usual hackneyed old group get all outraged and have their pops at me is not for the faint hearted. :D
    If I DID think these totally made up things you suggest, I'd have no qualms about saying it. But I don't so I won't.

It appears people don't actually know what a misogynist is, which I suppose shouldn't come as a great surprise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You think that telling women that their opinions are wrong, that they are jealous of disgusting representations of humanity and that their points are of little value and easily ignored and dismissed is being supportive?

Women are allowed to not like other women. Just as men are allowed to not like other men. And, surprisingly, they do not need your approval first.

Woah there. What gibberish is this?

You've totally made that up. It's nothing like what I think or say.

I assume basic reading and comprehension do not come as standard these days? I am now going to ask you nicely to stop totally inventing stuff and posting it as if it came from me. I'm all for people having a pop at me and have no issue with people saying any manner of bad stuff etc but lying about me and totally misrepresenting me is not on.

We could both make things up from our vivid imaginations, and I could hypothetically say you hate people of a different colour or sexuality. I mean it's totally made up gibberish too, and you never said it but it's pretty much what you're doing here.

Odd. Very odd.
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    She was just so elegant. Facial hair bleaching aside, although she even lent that a certain charm :D

Absolutely, she had class and that's what the others couldn't deal with. I loved her " your claim to fame is THIS" comeback to Goody.
    Jellus of Lloyd too - admit it. I mean what's NOT to be jellus of? Er............:D

Ok, you got me 🙌
    Well isn't this so much nicer? :)

You're not telling me to go away or stop posting as I see fit, or telling me (inaccurately!) I got owned etc and we can actually converse without resorting to one one-upmanship or insults.

You may disagree with my opinion but I'll defend my right to state it as I see fit, regardless of the DS showbiz hordes descending on me or being outnumbered a million to one.

My opinion on this kind of thing may be unpopular, but it does not make it invalid, and I like to think I'm not rude or condescending, well not until others act that way to me first anyway.

If young girls look up to the likes of Danielle O'Hara (or half these celebs that people seem to obsess over) as a role model then that is a pretty damned sad indictment on society I would say.

Well, that is something we can both definitely agree on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I am not. I am doing nothing of the sort. I do not think this, I never have thought this, and never will think this. Coming on here knowing I'll get the usual hackneyed old group get all outraged and have their pops at me is not for the faint hearted. :D
    If I DID think these totally made up things you suggest, I'd have no qualms about saying it. But I don't so I won't.

It appears people don't actually know what a misogynist is, which I suppose shouldn't come as a great surprise.

Then explain this:

You can't actually justify this properly can you?

Hackneyed old group?

Charming.

Misogynists are women haters. People who denigrate women. People who assume that any criticisms of women are by women and are based on aesthetics.

In that group I would include the quote from above.

Please do provide a proper interpretation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Then explain this:

You can't actually justify this properly can you?

Hackneyed old group?

Charming.

Misogynists are women haters. People who denigrate women. People who assume that any criticisms of women are by women and are based on aesthetics.

In that group I would include the quote from above.

Please do provide a proper interpretation.

You seem to hate women (well certain types of women anyway) far more than many people I know. I certainly don't hate women, far from it. I advocate equality across the board for all. That is my stance.

If anything, you are the misogynist here, not I, and you fit your own definition of it above to a tee.
    YOU denigrate women. YOU hate on women. Not me.

I don't know how much clearer this can be.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a one-note tired old borefest, reading this thread. ^_^

How pathetic, I mean really pathetic, that perfectly valid opinions on a woman who never even had the decency to hold her hands up and take responsibility for what she said and did, is instead reduced down to a ridiculous 'proof that attractive women are picked on' argument.

It would be funny if it weren't quite so trollingly desperate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You seem to hate women (well certain types of women anyway) far more than many people I know. I certainly don't hate women, far from it. I advocate equality across the board for all. That is my stance.

You are the misogynist here, not I, and you fit your own definition of it above to a tee.
    YOU denigrate women. YOU hate on women. Not me.

I don't know how much clearer this can be.

Nope I hate on and denigrate racists. Their gender is irrelevant.

& you still haven't justified your 1st post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nope I hate on and denigrate racists. Their gender is irrelevant.

& you still haven't justified your 1st post.

Hmm. Are you sure their gender is irrelevant? Showbiz doesn't really seem like a level playing field when it comes to slagging people off and/ or ridiculous hyperbole. It's generally a certain type of women that gets denigrated and the negative comments on their physical appearance is almost revelled in round here. There's no denying that surely.

Do you have an equal number of posts slagging of conventionally good looking men too? I suspect I know the answer..

Which bit needs justification by the way. It seems pretty clear to me. I've explained my stance ad nauseam as you you say, and even though it's a pretty basic premise it appears it still goes over some people's heads. .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm. Are you sure their gender is irrelevant? Showbiz doesn't really seem like a level playing field when it comes to slagging people off and/ or ridiculous hyperbole. It's generally a certain type of women that gets denigrated and the negative comments on their physical appearance is almost revelled in round here. There's no denying that surely.

Do you have an equal number of posts slagging of conventionally good looking men too? I suspect I know the answer..

Which bit needs justification by the way. It seems pretty clear to me. I've explained my stance ad nauseam as you you say, and even though it's a pretty basic premise it appears it still goes over some people's heads. .

In this case a racist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In this case a racist.

....And that of course has nothing to do with those who for some bizarre reason feel the need to denigrate a woman by bitching about their physical appearance.

For the record, I'd think exactly the same to guys who seemed obsessed with slagging off conventionally good looking blokes like Beckham or Harry Styles (or insert any man of choice), but for some reason, they don't seem to be quite so numerous round these parts. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....And that of course has nothing to do with those who for some bizarre reason feel the need to denigrate a woman by bitching about their physical appearance. :p

For the record, I'd think exactly the same to guys who seemed obsessed with slagging off conventionally good looking blokes like Beckham or Harry Styles (or insert any man of choice), but for some reason, they don't seem to be quite so numerous round these parts. :cool:

She is a racist. My criticisms of her are based on her racist behaviour. You are the one who keeps bringing her physical appearance into this. You and only you. I am tired of having to justify myself to someone who won't listen and who refuses to accept that a woman can criticise another woman because women are sentient, intelligent beings who are just as capable of debate as Men.

If/when Beckham and/or Harry Styles act in a certain way that I find equally as atrocious I will comment accordingly.

:);-):cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Such transparent rubbish. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bela wrote: »
    Such transparent rubbish. :)

Perhaps put the mirror down? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She is a racist. My criticisms of her are based on her racist behaviour. You are the one who keeps bringing her physical appearance into this. You and only you. I am tired of having to justify myself to someone who won't listen and who refuses to accept that a woman can criticise another woman because women are sentient, intelligent beings who are just as capable of debate as Men.

If/when Beckham and/or Harry Styles act in a certain way that I find equally as atrocious I will comment accordingly.

:);-):cool:

I mention the slagging off of a woman's physical appearance because it is the norm round here. Just one look through any number of pages/ threads tells us that.

Calling her pig ugly was actually pretty mild compared to most of the bile that get's spouted round here to be honest! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps put the mirror down? ;-)

You're one-note. Only ever interested when a thread offers you an opportunity to promote your tired old agenda. :cool:

It would be different if you were actually capable of engaging in the discussion but no, always with the agenda, always the tired same old same old, 'here be another example of 'jellus wimmin' to prove my theory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bela wrote: »
    You're one-note. Only ever interested when a thread offers you an opportunity to promote your tired old agenda. :cool:

Wrong again. If anything, one look at my posting history and the multitude of things I discuss would suggest, er, 'multi-note'. :D

The 'one note' types are those who's posting history tends to focus on slagging off certain types of celeb women time and again and not just one afternoon when they are bored, but 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. I wonder if we have any of those types round here. Hmm...

The defence rests, your honour. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mention the slagging off of a woman's physical appearance because it is the norm round here. Just one look through any number of pages/ threads tells us that.

Calling her pig ugly was actually pretty mild compared to most of the bile that get's spouted round here to be honest! :D

So you decided to come and show the nasty wimmin the error of their ways by hijacking a thread, deliberately misreading it and twisting most posts to suit your own agenda until you said something so stupid that you had to back-peddle?

So, basically, you trolled the thread to try to "prove" your idea that women only dislike other women because they are jelus of the superficial idea of outer beauty.

Good job we have you on our side1 What with you loving women. Cos, all women are the same, so it is not at all patronising to have a man say that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^Just put him on ignore Ladies - that's what I've dun.

Us jellus bitter wimmun gotta stick together, innit?
This discussion has been closed.