Options

Peaches Geldof dead (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    milliejo wrote: »
    Some of us remember Paula Yates at her peak and her marriage to Bob Geldof, we remember the three daughters being born and we saw their lives unfold.
    We then saw Paula Yates get destroyed by drugs, the revelation of the identity of her father which was made very public, the death of Michael Hutchance and her own sad death. The youngest daughter is still only 17 and has know lost both her parents and her sister.
    We saw Peaches grow up, she was so like Paula, it was scary to watch, especially when drugs looked involved. She had a bizarre marriage too. Yet she settled at the age of just 23, had children, found something she truly loved and developed the career she really wanted, writing. She became articulate, a reliable, interesting presenter, she made Katie Hopkins look bad too. The reaction to her death is because it came out of nowhere in time for the six o'clock news, because poor Bob Geldof released a beautiful statement and because it doesn't make much sense right now.
    There are not obvious drugs or signs of suicide, which somehow makes it sadder because she had in fact straightened out her life and seemed to have so much to live for. She was beginning to become someone in her own right.

I like this post very much. To me, it sums up the poignancy of it all.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »
    Why do people on a forum who have never met any of them - Bob Geldolf - Paula Yates -Micheal Hutchence or any of their daughters describe them as amazing people. Only because you percieve them in the the media perception of them.

Bob Geldof did some great work for those in third world countries so I'd say he's a pretty good fella for doing that. Then again, he could have changed over the years. I think Paula was just an average celebrity, nothing special. Peaches, the same. Fifi's hardly made herself known to the media. There's some images of her on Google but that's about it.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of us remember Paula Yates at her peak and her marriage to Bob Geldof, we remember the three daughters being born and we saw their lives unfold.
    We then saw Paula Yates get destroyed by drugs, the revelation of the identity of her father which was made very public, the death of Michael Hutchance and her own sad death. The youngest daughter is still only 17 and has know lost both her parents and her sister.
    We saw Peaches grow up, she was so like Paula, it was scary to watch, especially when drugs looked involved. She had a bizarre marriage too. Yet she settled at the age of just 23, had children, found something she truly loved and developed the career she really wanted, writing. She became articulate, a reliable, interesting presenter, she made Katie Hopkins look bad too. The reaction to her death is because it came out of nowhere in time for the six o'clock news, because poor Bob Geldof released a beautiful statement and because it doesn't make much sense right now.
    There are not obvious drugs or signs of suicide, which somehow makes it sadder because she had in fact straightened out her life and seemed to have so much to live for. She was beginning to become someone in her own right.

I didn't. Why would i be interested in watching her grow up? I mean really, who is she - she's just a kid from a celeb family. All i know about her is that she used to get papped stumbling out of nightclubs at 3am and took drugs.

You seem to have too much time on your hands.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I didn't. Why would i be interested in watching her grow up? I mean really, who is she - she's just a kid from a celeb family. All i know about her is that she used to get papped stumbling out of nightclubs at 3am and took drugs.

So what if the poster has? What's the problem?
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely post, milliejo.

For those of use that grew up in the 80s, watching The Tube and remember Live Aid, Bob and Paula were very prominent, so seeing this family hit by tragedy once more is unbelievably sad. Bob who took someone else's daughter as his own, now has to help that 17 year old and his two other daughters through this horror.
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    For those of use that grew up in the 80s, watching The Tube and remember Live Aid, Bob and Paula were very prominent, so seeing this family hit by tragedy once more is unbelievably sad. Bob who took someone else's daughter as his own, now has to help that 17 year old and his two other daughters through this horror.

Well said.

It all seems such a long time ago 😢. Happy days...x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How awful we are, feeling sad for an unruly teen ( who wasn't ???) who after a traumatic childhood seemed to grow up and find joy in motherhood, to then die at a young tragic age of 25 and leave 2 young children behind her.

Some of the posts on here make me feel very sad, But I do think it's lovely that the majority of posts on here sympathise with what has happened, regardless of their opinions of the family.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my very best friends were married on the live aid weekend, it was an amazing time.

I must admit I shed a tear for Tiger Lily yesterday, she must feel like her family has fallen apart x
  • Options
    FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wanted to sign up for a while and a few things have finally made me. I don't understand all this rank nastyness for people showing a little respect to a young woman with two little kids who has died, isn't it ok to say its a bit sad? i think it is.

Celebs are in our face more than ever cos of Twitter/instagram/fb and we know all about them and every little bit of their lives and post about them on sites like this so i think its ok to say RIP and not have to apologise for it.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    The truth, something along the lines of "I don't care about her and I don't care that she has died, I simply have been made more aware of my own mortality and it helps me to express it on a forum. Either that or I like the attention it brings me when I #tragedy"

That may be the truth for you, but it's not my truth. The thing that I find most poignant is that she wanted to give her kids something she never had, parents that stayed with them until they grew up and she was unable to fulfil that wish for them. It has nothing to do with being more aware of my own mortality.
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Peaches was becoming somebody else, she had babies and gave up that wilder lifestyle. She was given a column for Mother and Baby, she was beginning to work as a journalist as she always wanted too. She had serious work on This Morning too. She was emerging as someone that was calm, lucid and grown up. She wanted to be a mother and embraced it, because she lost hers. She was trying to make her own way and achieve her own success not live off her father's fame.
    When she was younger and falling out of clubs, she was very, very, young and people did fear for her, because she was so like Paula. There are many that carry on clubbing and falling out of clubs after motherhood (Katie Price) but Peaches didn't.
    We watched her grow up because she was born into publicity, she was photographed as a child with her sisters, when her parents divorced. They had appeared on The Big Breakfast with Paula was a presenter....We saw her as a little girl that lost her mother, a mother that lost her way and had an onslaught of trouble, it was hard to watch but somehow it was always in the press. It is understandable that Peaches went wild, Bob called her the wildest child.
    I think she had a lingering problem with her weight, thinking she was fat and her obsession with it. It that is the case, then that too makes her a story of our time. The pressure on women, even after having a two babies to stay thin, by the media, by the likes of Katie Price telling Lily Allan that she is fat.

It doesn't take much time to notice things and as a teenager I watched The Tube, Paula was also bonkers, like her daughter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Foox wrote: »
    Wanted to sign up for a while and a few things have finally made me. I don't understand all this rank nastyness for people showing a little respect to a young woman with two little kids who has died, isn't it ok to say its a bit sad? i think it is.

Celebs are in our face more than ever cos of Twitter/instagram/fb and we know all about them and every little bit of their lives and post about them on sites like this so i think its ok to say RIP and not have to apologise for it.

Welcome to the Forum Foox:) A very sad first post for you. I agree with all you say. First and foremost Peaches was a 25yr old women with two babies and a loving husband, no matter the circumstances of her death, it is a tragedy and people do have a right to to say so.
  • Options
    FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scotty 567 wrote: »
    Welcome to the Forum Foox:) A very sad first post for you. I agree with all you say. First and foremost Peaches was a 25yr old women with two babies and a loving husband, no matter the circumstances of her death, it is a tragedy and people do have a right to to say so.

Thanks I dont know why people saying RIP is such an issue. She was a young mum at the end of the day and leaves behind two little boys under 2 if that isn't worthy of - rest in peace - what is?
  • Options
    katinthehatkatinthehat Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It wasn't her fault she was born into a celeb family!

I feel very sorry for her and her family and would feel the same if I was reading about some non-celebrity Mum too.

If you can't show compassion, why bother to comment at all?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Foox wrote: »
    Thanks I dont know why people saying RIP is such an issue. She was a young mum at the end of the day and leaves behind two little boys under 2 if that isn't worthy of - rest in peace - what is?

There are always some people who can't think outside their own little world, ie: If it doesn't affect there lives, they don't care and have little empathy with those that do.

RIP Peaches.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Not that I needed reminding but her death really does show you that our lives are all so unpredictable and any of us could not wake up in the morning.

Peaches will serve a another reminder for me when I am feeling a bit glum to pick myself and try and live every day like it's my last (within reason of course:))
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Anorexia is the villain here, I reckon.

Agreed
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peaches Instagram Deleted

Anyone know why Peaches Instagram account has been deleted today? Who did it?!

http://instagram.com/peachesgeldof

RIP Peaches :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Discussed on previous page
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Discussed on previous page

Yes I saw that but it appeared to be highly speculative rather than factual. Havent seen any official announcment as yet.....
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    600 posts on here so far. Endless tv coverage on the news channels, front pages of the papers, lead story on the ITV news, endless speculation as to how and why she died.

A young girl died. It's sad. But she wasn't Mother Teresa or Nelson Mandela!

Talk about clutching at straws. '600 posts on here'? Seriously, you're using that? So any topic on DS that gets 600 posts or more equates to hysteria?! Considering some of the topics here that run into thousands of replies, you're being ridiculous.

Nobody has said she was Mother Teresa or Nelson Mandela. You might as well go and argue with yourself, since you seem to be making up points that nobody has said and then attacking your own made up arguments.

The news reported on it, obviously, she's young and was in the public eye, it's standard for the news. Her dad is very well known and she was forging a media career of her own as a model and tv presenter, so it was always going to be reported, it's a human interest story, and clearly a lot of people are interested.

I would hope you wouldn't be so naïve to think everything in the news wasn't in fact exactly the same way. People die every day, but the news picks and chooses which deaths to report on, otherwise we'd be swamped with information. If you want to know about other deaths, you'd have to go and find the news for yourself, maybe as some sort of freelance journalist.

Otherwise, you're going to be spoon fed the news that the media thinks is most interesting to the largest demographic. I don't see you complaining about all the other deaths the media chooses to report to you. With these celeb stories, we tend to get a lot of detail and most people with an ounce of empathy tend to find it sad and tragic when a young person dies, so people are just expressing that in a thread on that very subject. Hardly surprising.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    Because you are right, it is a terrible tragedy for her family but not a terrible tragedy generally. Am I allowed to say this or has DS gone all hysterical again?

I haven't seen anyone being hysterical on here. Empathetic, yes, hysterical - no.
  • Options
    jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    I'm no Katie Hopkins fan, but this is ridiculous. If she had written anything on Twitter, people would have attacked her for being "fake" and jumping on a bandwagon. She's kind of in a lose-lose situation with the people who insist on looking at her Twitter despite claiming to hate her.

So, she met Peaches and they clashed. Since when does that mean she has an obligation to post something on her Twitter regarding her death? In a nutshell, people are using this as another excuse to get on their high horses and proclaim to the world how utterly awful they find her.

(And usually, I'd agree with them, considering the horribly insulting things she's said in the past. But here, it's just silly and those criticizing her for this are the ones looking bad right now imo).
    Katie Hopkins has done the right thing saying nothing .
    Anything she says will get twisted so best say nothing (although even that is being twisted ). She can't win, and wouldn't want to in this case . Hopefully she remains silent and doesn't feed the trolls .
    The babies will be unaware yet , bless them, but I feel so sorry for Tiger Lily . Losing so many close to her . Thankfully they seem a close loving family and TL will be OK. R.I.P Peaches .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Tiger will once again suffer a tremendous loss but she was lucky not to experience the death of her father. Same age as Astala is now.

I feel for Tom and the boys but also, and I haven't seen anyone mentioned her yet, I feel for Anita Debney aka Nina. She practically raised the Geldof girls and is godmother to Peaches kids.