✭✭✭
    Is there a hand basin in the toilet?

…by hand basin do you mean a sink…if so yes, a 2 side-by-side sinks
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cath99 wrote: »
    Sounds like it was quite a day! Anybody have the links to today's court proceedings.
    A couple of things before I catch up! Commentators on twitter were saying that Nel and the judge both made a point today of getting it on record from OP that his tiredness wasn't affecting his ability to give evidence/affecting his memory (or something like that).

Been thinking about OP and I think he honestly and genuinely thought that he would be found not guilty with minimal fuss and his team would sort it for him. Anything they said to him he didn't like I think he just ignored. "I know best". Even more, I think he thought after his "life on hold" for a year that would be it. Back to his old life, back to his endorsements. The year he "didn't live my life" was - for him - his punishment. I actually think that's why he's pleaded not guilty to the minor charges. Didn't want it effecting the endorsements he was sure he'd get back. The media and his reputation and endorsements mean every.thing to him.

The guy is a compete narcissist.

ETA: wrote this without reading any posts back. I notice you've been talking about the judge and the tiredness/mistakes :blush:

Narcissist is the same term I used to describe him when taking to a friend last night. He's a perfect example of narcissism IMO :)
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,567
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    I cant even being to think how her poor mother would feel seeing that.

I don't know how she is being so strong :( So heartbreaking when the camera is on her.
  • Options
    Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    Is there a hand basin in the toilet?

I think there is, yes, quite a large square one.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    barcajaden wrote: »
    what makes me think he is a liar is when he said she didnt scream after being shot, but he said his ears were ringing?
    wtf....:confused:

I think Pistorius was getting confused. If his ears were ringing (which is entirely plausible) then no, he wouldn't have heard her scream. Therefore, when asked if he heard her scream, he said 'no, she didn't scream'. From his perspective this is accurate. Of course what he should've said straight off was 'I don't know, my ears were ringing'.
  • Options
    barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    linnylou wrote: »
    I came across an article this afternoon that showed the blond guy to be Mark Batchelor, the ex-football player whose legs OP allegedly threatened to break (which he denied).

Apparently he is a possible witness, although he may not be called. It looks as though he was in the courtroom to be with Reeva's family.

oh the irony

a man with no legs threading to break somebody's legs
  • Options
    looloolooloo Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    linnylou wrote: »
    I came across an article this afternoon that showed the blond guy to be Mark Batchelor, the ex-football player whose legs OP allegedly threatened to break (which he denied).

Apparently he is a possible witness, although he may not be called. It looks as though he was in the courtroom to be with Reeva's family.

If he is a potential witness then he would NOT be allowed into the courtroom before giving his evidence. He may remain to listen to proceedings after giving evidence but definitely NOT before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think there is, yes, quite a large square one.

Ah ok. I couldn't see one in any of the crime scene photos I've looked at.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjake wrote: »
    she wants his d**k

really he has a duck.....as well as a monkey??? :)
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    And another ..

http://t.co/j2It2hr4du

The love for Oscar is unbelievable.

R.eligous nuts most of them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    I don't know, I don't think it's that interesting and what has it to do with the case.? Do we need to know these details? I don't think so unless it has some bearing on the case. Her life has been dragged through the mud enough to my mind. But if its interesting to some people , so be it.

lighten up

as horrific as this is i was just wondering the stage their ''relationship'' was at.
  • Options
    gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She might've finished her business and was about to go back to the bedroom when Pistorius started shouting about an intruder. She then panicked and went back into the toilet, shutting and locking the door behind her.

good point, but if so, was there urine in the bowl ?, we presume there was no flush ?
    If OPs version is true, intruders tend not to flush the toilet , any flush would have him think ...hold on ..whos that ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry......3 large glasses of wine and a longgg day in court.....:)
  • Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    looloo wrote: »
    If he is a potential witness then he would NOT be allowed into the courtroom before giving his evidence. He may remain to listen to proceedings after giving evidence but definitely NOT before.

Ah right, i wasnt aware of that protocol. In that case then, he's not being called as a witness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Pistorius was getting confused. If his ears were ringing (which is entirely plausible) then no, he wouldn't have heard her scream. Therefore, when asked if he heard her scream, he said 'no, she didn't scream'. From his perspective this is accurate. Of course what he should've said straight off was 'I don't know, my ears were ringing'.

or maybe he got caught out.....
    his story is just to weird that i am certain he is lying
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The location of her mobile is peculiar. Was she using it as a torch? If she'd dropped it from waist height onto the hard tiled surface you'd expect it to have shown some damage.

Do you believe that OP found it in the toilet? Or was it found where she dropped it on the bathroom floor? Or was it planted by someone?
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    Ah ok. I couldn't see one in any of the crime scene photos I've looked at.

Its on here (assuming its genuine)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&q=oscar+pistorius+toilet+images&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

ETA. Not sure myself now. Is that a different toilet ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gingerjack wrote: »
    good point, but if so, was there urine in the bowl ?, we presume there was no flush ?
    If OPs version is true, intruders tend not to flush the toilet , any flush would have him think ...hold on ..whos that ?

She might've flushed just as he was finishing with the fans. He wouldn't have heard it over the fan noise. She finished up in the toilet. Washed her hands. Came out. Heard Pistorius shouting about intruder(s) and went back into the cubicle locking the door behind her.
  • Options
    looloolooloo Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    gingerjack wrote: »

As daft as that sounds...............
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2012/sep/03/paralympics-oscar-pistorius-angry-loss

This makes more sense now after hearing how he views things.
    It cant have been the fact a person better then him won. It has to be down to the fact this guy has the wrong blades.
  • Options
    huwmichelehuwmichele Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Reevas mobile was on the bathroom floor so why didn't he automatically think it was her in the toilet and call to her.
  • Options
    SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    OP hasn't done himself any favours whatsoever claiming that the duvet, fan etc were moved around by the police. Nel had some fun with that today.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I think the photo is wrong.

Here is one allegedly showing the wash basin:

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1719477.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/The%20bathroom%20in%20Oscar%20Pistorius%27%20house-1719477.png

Here is a crime scene photo showing the toilet from the bathroom:

http://media2.intoday.in/indiatoday/images/stories//2013May/pistorius-1_660_053113055850.jpg

I don't believe there is room in the bathroom for the shower, and the toilet and a wash basin, as shown in the first photo. It looks to me as if the shower was put in later (or whatever) and took the place of where the wash basin is in the first photo.

Edit: this plan seems to prove it: http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/130220-pistorius-floorplan-530a.380;380;7;70;0.jpg
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you look at today's testimony , when Nel said did she scream when you fired the bullets into the door, OP said no. When Nel said " did she scream when the first bullet hit her in the hip" ? The silence was tangible. OP could not and would not answer.
This discussion has been closed.