Options

Peaches Geldof dead (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simi89 wrote: »
    Danielle O'Hara's tweet surprised me as I had no idea they even knew each other so as to mix in the same circles... :blush:

Tbf it's never really crossed my mind which z lister is friends with which other z lister. In her day Peaches would go to the opening of an envelope, it's probably not that much of a surprise.

I think it's sad for her children that this girl has died, for Bob it must seem like a never ending nightmare and for Tiger she must feel everyone leaves her eventually. And even if Peaches death comes back as drug related I'll still feel sorry for her, she seems to have been a little broken inside from her parents separation and her mum's death. But some people are getting a wee bit carried away with their eulogies of Peaches. For most of her life she was a bit of a waster, throwing away opportunity after opportunity, trading on her name and not really contributing much to the world, she had children and found something she was good at. But she wasn't a parenting guru, she wasn't the voice of babies everywhere and tbh not really sure what this "legacy" is she's supposed to have left other than two lovely kids.

I'm sure lots of people will take offence, but I dont really get celebrity and the reason I usually dont venture far into the showbiz thread.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen anyone 'getting carried away' or 'eulogising'. The only comments I've seen have been about how sad it is for Peaches' family and that she'd grown up over the past two or three years. Hardly 'eulogising'!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone 'getting carried away' or 'eulogising'. The only comments I've seen have been about how sad it is for Peaches' family and that she'd grown up over the past two or three years. Hardly 'eulogising'!

They showed a card on the news left outside her inlaws house saying we never met you but you were our inspiration...seriously? People cant find anyone more inspiring than Peaches Geldof? Or the nanny on how lives have been changed because of her need to speak for babies everywhere? Sorry, I really think some are getting carried away.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simi89 wrote: »
    If anyone is interested, Katie Hopkins has written a piece relating to people's criticism of her not tweeting about Peaches, for once she isn't completely vile and raised a good point about some of the celebrities who were tweeting such despair which I believe has been discussed on this thread at some length. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/katie-hopkins-breaks-silence-on-peaches-geldof-death-in-uncharacteristically-sincere-column-she-wouldnt-want-me-to-tweet-9253705.html

Thanks for the link, today when I was in the shower and mind wandering, I actually wondered if and what she would have to say. I can't stand the woman but she was certainly put in an un-enviable position this week.
  • Options
    Dream_catcherDream_catcher Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry about this young girl passing away but can't help feel why did she have to live her life in the public eye? Her father Bob Geldolf was in a band who split up before the live aid thing. After he did "the get up and give" quote he made a few appearances but his career was well and truly over decades ago.
    Peaches Mother Paula Yates it was tragic leaving four daughters the youngest Tiger Lily playing in the corner of the room while Paula was killing herself with drink and drugs.
    But Peaches didn't have to live her life in the spotlight. She could have shunned away from the limelight but chose not to. Probably she would have came to terms with losing her mum and got a job and settled down and still have been alive. But instead put herself up before the media where you have to stay slim and be perfect. It killed her mother and now its killed her.
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    They showed a card on the news left outside her inlaws house saying we never met you but you were our inspiration...seriously? People cant find anyone more inspiring than Peaches Geldof? Or the nanny on how lives have been changed because of her need to speak for babies everywhere? Sorry, I really think some are getting carried away.

To some people I'm sure she's very inspiring. For people who watched Peaches go through the loss of her mother, her battle with whatever and she still managed to pick herself up and overcome her issues (seemingly)... I'd sayt that's pretty inspirational.
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry about this young girl passing away but can't help feel why did she have to live her life in the public eye? Her father Bob Geldolf was in a band who split up before the live aid thing. After he did "the get up and give" quote he made a few appearances but his career was well and truly over decades ago.
    Peaches Mother Paula Yates it was tragic leaving four daughters the youngest Tiger Lily playing in the corner of the room while Paula was killing herself with drink and drugs.
    But Peaches didn't have to live her life in the spotlight. She could have shunned away from the limelight but chose not to. Probably she would have came to terms with losing her mum and got a job and settled down and still have been alive. But instead put herself up before the media where you have to stay slim and be perfect. It killed her mother and now its killed her.

Perhaps you should wait till we find out what actually killed her before you get all philisophical and try hard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps you should wait till we find out what actually killed her before you get all philisophical and try hard.

Or you could accept that the post is mostly right. Out with her cause of death her lifestyle almost killed her when she stopped breathing after a suspected overdose a few years ago.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »

I was referring to DS. I have no idea what people have been saying on other forums or in real life.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funnily, much as I cannot stand Katie Hopkins, she has actually said the one thing about Peaches that has hit home with poignancy more than anything for me: 'She just needed a mother's love'. Heartbreakingly sad, but true.
  • Options
    Steve™Steve™ Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    Peaches had got herself sorted and seemed very happy and was being a great Mum enjoying life.

Now she is dead.

Message: Don't take anything for granted, because fate may just have other plans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Funnily, much as I cannot stand Katie Hopkins, she has actually said the one thing about Peaches that has hit home with poignancy more than anything for me: 'She just needed a mother's love'. Heartbreakingly sad, but true.

Utter rubbish imo.

In what way is Hopkins any part or indeed have anything valid to say regarding Peaches.

She criticised others for talking about Peaches on Twitter, yet has been [as usual] the most vocal about the whole thing. I cant stand her.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve™ wrote: »
    Utter rubbish imo.

In what way is Hopkins any part or indeed have anything valid to say regarding Peaches.

She criticised others for talking about Peaches on Twitter, yet has been [as usual] the most vocal about the whole thing. I cant stand her.

Hopkins would have been damned if she had remained silent, damned if she didn't.
    I really can't stand her either but in that comment she did speak a simple truth, much as I'm loath to agree with anything she says. A lot of Peaches' difficulties emerge from losing her mum. Even Paula admitted, when alive, that Peaches was the one most like her and she was the daughter to follow her mother's path the most closely. Goodness only knows what Paula's decline and death did to those four girls but Peaches appears to have been the one most needy of attention and 'off the rails'. That's why I think Hopkins' comment was poignant, for me. It's not really about the speaker- it's about what she said. Who knows what Peaches would have done with her life had her mother still been around. She could have still trodden the same path but somehow I doubt it would have ended like this. For all her brashness, there always seemed to be something very 'lost' about her.

FWIW, I loved the way Peaches faced off with Hopkins during the 'attachment parenting' debate.
  • Options
    beth0o0beth0o0 Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not about what Katie Hopkins thinks.her opinion means nothing to anyone but herself. this is about a young woman who has lost her life in the most unknown and tragic way. Peaches had put her wild party days behind her & took to motherhood like water off a ducks back.

The most awful outcome of this whole thing is two small babies will be without a loving mother & a young man becomes a widow before his time. such tragic circumstances.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Hopkins would have been damned if she had remained silent, damned if she didn't.
    I really can't stand her either but in that comment she did speak a simple truth, much as I'm loath to agree with anything she says. A lot of Peaches' difficulties emerge from losing her mum. Even Paula admitted, when alive, that Peaches was the one most like her and she was the daughter to follow her mother's path the most closely. Goodness only knows what Paula's decline and death did to those four girls but Peaches appears to have been the one most needy of attention and 'off the rails'. That's why I think Hopkins' comment was poignant, for me. It's not really about the speaker- it's about what she said. Who knows what Peaches would have done with her life had her mother still been around. She could have still trodden the same path but somehow I doubt it would have ended like this. For all her brashness, there always seemed to be something very 'lost' about her.

FWIW, I loved the way Peaches faced off with Hopkins during the 'attachment parenting' debate.

No she wouldn't be damned either way, that's just buying into the spin. Her opinion is no more valid/invalid than anyone else, its just that somehow people have bought into the idea that because of the media.

What she said was stating the obvious. You don't need to be particularly emotionally connected to realise that she probably missed her mother and felt that something was missing...at times. You also don't need to be too emotionally intelligent to realise that her children and being a great mother to them helped in some way with the loss of her own mother.

Hopkins just cant resist the opportunity to stick her great big beak in, even when she is absolutely not connected in any way and the papers have in some way created the idea that because she has an opinion she is important with stupid headlines like "Katie Hopkins breaks silence...". How utterly ridiculous to create the image that we were all waiting with bated breath for her to speak and at long last thankfully she did! Nobody was waiting, nobody cared...until the papers suggested that was what people were thinking. Bob probably didn't give a crap and frankly neither do I. I was interested to hear from the family said, not anyone else.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve™ wrote: »
    No she wouldn't be damned either way, that's just buying into the spin. Her opinion is no more valid/invalid than anyone else, its just that somehow people have bought into the idea that because of the media.

What she said was stating the obvious. You don't need to be particularly emotionally connected to realise that she probably missed her mother and felt that something was missing...at times. You also don't need to be too emotionally intelligent to realise that her children and being a great mother to them helped in some way with the loss of her own mother.

Hopkins just cant resist the opportunity to stick her great big beak in, even when she is absolutely not connected in any way and the papers have in some way created the idea that because she has an opinion she is important with stupid headlines like "Katie Hopkins breaks silence...". How utterly ridiculous to create the image that we were all waiting with bated breath for her to speak and at long last thankfully she did! Nobody was waiting, nobody cared...until the papers suggested that was what people were thinking. Bob probably didn't give a crap and frankly neither do I. I was interested to hear from the family said, not anyone else.

Oh they very much were waiting, read back on this thread and you will see loads of post saying about "wonder what Katie will say" or "that bitch better now say anything about her" :confused:

Even now saying all she needed was "a mothers love".. She had her nanny who loved her very much and she had Bob's partner who is also by all accounts very loving.
    Many many kids dont ever get that and still manage to live a good life. But it always seem if you are rich and famous and anything happens, you are a "Tragic figure"
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh they very much were waiting, read back on this thread and you will see loads of post saying about "wonder what Katie will say" or "that bitch better not say anything about her" :confused:

Even now saying all she needed was "a mothers love".. She had her nanny who loved her very much and she had Bob's partner who is also by all accounts very loving.
    Many many kids dont ever get that and still manage to live a good life. But it always seem if you are rich and famous and anything happens, you are a "Tragic figure"

Just to add there is also another thread about "what Katie said" So yes plenty here were waiting for what Katie was going to say. Absolutely bizarre IMO

There was just a piece on the BBC with people asking why this was a top news story and why do we care what so many celebs and non celebs think about it.

The first post should say *not say anything
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I didn't. Why would i be interested in watching her grow up? I mean really, who is she - she's just a kid from a celeb family. All i know about her is that she used to get papped stumbling out of nightclubs at 3am and took drugs.

You seem to have too much time on your hands.

And yet, seemingly, you have time on your hands to read a thread about someone you have no interest in and yet criticise those who express compassion and sadness at the passing of a young woman with 2 children under 2.

As a human being, I'd feel sympathy and compassion for any family - whether I knew them or not - in that situation.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »
    And yet, seemingly, you have time on your hands to read a thread about someone you have no interest in and yet criticise those who express compassion and sadness at the passing of a young woman with 2 children under 2.

As a human being, I'd feel sympathy and compassion for any family - whether I knew them or not - in that situation.

Beautifully said.xx
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't she leave behind dogs? I just feel sorry for them.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just the one. Called Parper, apparently.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Bogwot. A dog that will grow to a ridiculous size.

I think she was quite impulsive when it came to the animals. She took in a stray cat who died recently. Parper seemed well behaved and placid then she bought another one who she was having difficulty training because of the demands of two babies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    aww was shocked to hear this news when i got in from work and turned the news on :( Wonder what happened ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

Just for them? Not the two babies left behind?
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just for them? Not the two babies left behind?

A deliberately provocative comment, I think.