Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Is it right they have guided tours of Paris toilets?

'Two Loos Le Trek'

:D:D:kitty:
  • Options
    hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    LuverlyAJ wrote: »
    It's more believable than he deliberately blew her away because they had a row.

Excusing, of course, those who predetermined the outcome to enable the enjoyment salacious and nasty gossip.

Do you mean in this particular case, or in general?

I think in general, killing your partner during a row is quite a common occurrence.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Why is that hard to believe.....three women a day are killed by their partner every day in SA. That's 60 more just since this trial began.

I wonder how many intruders have been shot in that space of time?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    Don't know, but the equivalent statistic wouldn't be intruders, it would be mistaking someone who had a legitimate right to be in that house for an intruder.
  • Options
    LuverlyAJLuverlyAJ Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given that the statistics in S Africa for femicide indicate that women are far more likely to be murderd by their partner than being mistaken for an intruder. But don't let facts get in the way of your slightly hysterical self righteous indignation, especially as you are very keen to comment in a thread discussing the case.

That's not a relevant comparison as it's not what is being claimed. Why so defensive and why lie?

I am discussing the case, calmly and without passion.
    Your undeserved insults to me suggest you may be a little more attached to a particular view than I am.

Do you have some jurisdiction about who may comment in a thread.
    Enjoy writing your report.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you mean in this particular case, or in general?

I think in general, killing your partner during a row is quite a common occurrence.

Do you now!
    How many rows occur every day and what percentage result in one of the partners being shot?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is that hard to believe.....three women a day are killed by their partner every day in SA. That's 60 more just since this trial began.

This comparison is flawed.
    That's not what you need to review in order to assess the statistics.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's more believable than he deliberately blew her away because they had a row.

Excusing, of course, those who predetermined the outcome to enable the enjoyment salacious and nasty gossip.

To you perhaps. No-one knows what exactly happened and people are making their own minds up based on the evidence and testaments as they come up.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,163
    Forum Member
    Have you ever been holding that sort of gun, been scared and fired in a panic?

Why was Oscar scared, terrified or in a panic?

He was happy to sleep with the balcony door open, didn't seem to have alarms on doors or windows, wasn't to concerned about the ladders and his security, he tossed in the painters taking the beacons of the external walls, didn't seem to take an interest in the security of the estate.

Surely if he was so concerned about Reeva's safety he would have brought the fans in and locked the balcony before they both went to sleep?
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    :Good plan.
    I could give you lots of Paris loo stories :D
    So could I .. I eventually realised that I shouldn't really stray more than twenty feet from my rented apartment .. made for boring photo's :D
    :
    You must be joking......my kitchen cupboards are a mess, and getting worse since OP has been on trial
    Then you are fine .. hurrah! :)
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Most people who just watch the highlights presented by the news seem to draw the same conclusion as you.
    There are some of us who watch live every day, and forensically examine all the evidence presented, still think that the prosecution has yet to prove his guilt.......not many 'tis true, but there is room for doubt as the length of this thread proves.

I didn't draw my conclusion from watching highlights on the news. I actually watched about an hour of the live trial on Thursday. Admittedly it is the only part of the trial I have seen so am not privy to all the info that you guys who have been watching it daily have.

But, going on what I have seen I believe he is guilty. The guy questioning him contradicted him many times.

I know it's innocent until proven guilty but it's just my opinion that he is guilty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you now!
    How many rows occur every day and what percentage result in one of the partners being shot?

Is that an argument against me saying that partners killing each other is quite common? Do you not believe it is quite common?

Is your point that statistically, given the number of rows that occur between partners, if we were to compare that to the number of people shot by accident in the belief that they were intruders, the latter would be more likely?

I'm not sure what factors would need to be taken into account to make the comparison possible. If you believe that all rows which do not end in death should be factored in, should every noise heard by every homeowner be factored in?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a programme a while back where they swabbed the plates that food had been served on in different restaurants....many of them tested positive for faecal matter.
    :o ... faecal matter three ways :D Lord! It doesn't bear thinking about .. but I will .. I'm debating whether to cancel lunch out this Sunday now :blush:
    Slight change of subject, but it surprises me to see people drinking directly out of beer bottles. Not only have they been handled by umpteen people but they have probably had mice, rats and a variety of insects crawling over them and peeing on them or worse.
    :o:o I had not even thought of that .. you are plumbing new depths :D
  • Options
    BeckyboopBeckyboop Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Oscar give Reeva any details of what was happening when he told her (softly) to call the police ?

Remember it was pitch dark so she could not see what he was doing or where he was headed.

What was she meant to tell them...' my boyfriend told me to call you'.

Police ' what's happening m'am'

Reeva ' I've no idea'..............

Absolutely! If Oscar really did say 'Reeva, get down and call the police' and nothing more, then surely she would have responded 'Why? What's going on?'

Totally absurd. But so was the OJ trial, and look what happened there.
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that an argument against me saying that partners killing each other is quite common? Do you not believe it is quite common?

Is your point that statistically, given the number of rows that occur between partners, if we were to compare that to the number of people shot by accident in the belief that they were intruders, the latter would be more likely?

I'm not sure what factors would need to be taken into account to make the comparison possible. If you believe that all rows which do not end in death should be factored in, should every noise heard by every homeowner be factored in?

An average of three women a day are killed by their partner in South Africa
  • Options
    Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jealous rage often accompanies killing of ones partner, not any old row. Jealousy is a strong motive in murder.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roux got OP to take his legs off and get down on his stumps in front of the toilet door. What would happen if Nel asked him to do the same but to hold the gun as well, so they could line up rods from the pistol to the bullet holes in the door ? Could he refuse to co-operate ?

I would like OP to be holding the pistol (emptied, of course) to line up the shots, as this would demonstrate that he would have to make a considerable change in arm position in aim from the first bullet to the second (the second, third and fourth are in a diagonal line downwards).
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    :o ... faecal matter three ways :D Lord! It doesn't bear thinking about .. but I will .. I'm debating whether to cancel lunch out this Sunday now :blush:

:o:o I had not even thought of that .. you are plumbing new depths :D

What about deconstructed faecal matter with berry coulis and coffee foam?

Maybe we should leave the subject there.......:blush:

ETA ......page full of irritable bowel remedies now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you ever been holding that sort of gun, been scared and fired in a panic?
    Ermm .. well no obviously. Most of us haven't held ANY sort of gun much less fired it at anybody. But he was well practiced .. and he knew the law. The threat was all in his head ... so he shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm ever again ... let's see how he gets on with living in SA under those conditions. Does anybody else have to die before this idiot is deprived of his weapons? Anyway that gap between the first and subsequent shots .. gave him thinking time .. just a few secs but that's all it takes to realise you're doing something insane. If he had stopped then .. called it a warning shot even .. then probably Reeva would have been saved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it right they have guided tours of Paris toilets?

'Two Loos Le Trek'
    heheh .. genius :D
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,163
    Forum Member
    Beckyboop wrote: »
    Absolutely! If Oscar really did say 'Reeva, get down and call the police' and nothing more, then surely she would have responded 'Why? What's going on?'

Totally absurd. But so was the OJ trial, and look what happened there.

Or it shows the control he felt he had over her, that she would automatically do what he said no questions asked. Why would he assume she got down and not check she was safe, if that was his objective.

Meanwhile in the real world of the bathroom Reeva is there with her phone and doesn't phone the police, despite Oscar telling her loudly to do so 2-3 times.
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nel has shown that oscar rarely called the police. It would surely not have been his first reaction if he was worried about an intruder. Anyway, there were security guards nearby who would have been much more help in an emergency.

If I thought I heard a suspicious noise in the night, I would not immediately phone the police. Imagine the embarrassment of having to call them back and say it was a cat or washing machine and everything is in fact fine!
  • Options
    BeckyboopBeckyboop Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or it shows the control he felt he had over her, that she would automatically do what he said no questions asked. Why would he assume she got down or not check she was safe, if that was his objective.

Meanwhile in the real world of the bathroom Reeva is there with her phone and doesn't phone the police, despite Oscar telling her loudly to do so 2-3 times.

True!

:confused: my head hurts :confused:
  • Options
    cath99cath99 Posts: 6,826
    Forum Member
    Two things that I am 100% positive OP is lying about:
    1. That he was deeply in love with Reeva and they were planning a long term future together
    2. That he was frozen by fear and felt extremely vulnerable and scared in his own house.

I don't know if he and Reeva had a row beforehand, I don't know if he knew she was in the toilet, but I'm pretty much positive that he was neither terrified of intruders or deeply in love with Reeva.
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    An average of three women a day are killed by their partner in South Africa

:o....If I lived in South Africa I think I'd stay single.
This discussion has been closed.