Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,183
    Forum Member
    bobbyd wrote: »
    The side upright of the rack. It could work ? I don't know what the gap to wall from the toilet is, has it been stated ?

Not unless she bounced across the room to where Osacr said she was.
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Why? If other witnesses living further away said they heard certain things then a witness living closer is likely to heard something as well?

Was Reeva killed by sound waves?

Not if they can't tell the difference between cricket bats and gunshots. That's why Dixon produced evidence relating to the different sounds a bat and a gun makes. The recording demonstrate that the bat/gun gave different sounds at different distances.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nel and Dixon waving their handbags at each other......
  • Options
    porky42porky42 Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At last Nel now knows that you don't take a shot with a bat. He's been confusing everyone with this for the entire trial :D
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    No ... your stopping me from watching now as I am having keep replying :p:D

Sorry :D I won't distract you again :p
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nel's doing great imo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    porky42 wrote: »
    At last Nel now knows that you don't take a shot with a bat. He's been confusing everyone with this for the entire trial :D

:D:D>:(
  • Options
    smackasmacka Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Sky they just said Dixon is rattled by Nels questions. Good.

Why good?

He's not commenting on the innocence or guilt of Oscar, he's simply giving his opinions on tests they've done that the prosecution didn't think of doing.
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it's important when you have some witnesses saying they heard six gun shots and some witnesses refusing to accept they heard a cricket bat. It's important because if these witnesses are placing screams before or after what they believe to be gun shots.. then it needs to be shown that they can't be mistaken. If the defence is going to prove you CAN be mistaken between a bat and a gun... then that becomes quite important because it calls into question the placement of "female screams". It's a key part of the case.

Yeah, that^^^:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roux is bluffing.....he doesn't know what a memory stick is any more than Nel knows what a cricket bat is
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    Not if they can't tell the difference between cricket bats and gunshots. That's why Dixon produced evidence relating to the different sounds a bat and a gun makes. The recording demonstrate that the bat/gun gave different sounds at different distances.

Some witnesses heard both sets of sounds on the night. Without all the money being spent the evidence of these witnesses would have been enough, as there are only two sets of sounds agreed by both sides.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,599
    Forum Member
    smacka wrote: »
    Why good?

He's not commenting on the innocence or guilt of Oscar, he's simply giving his opinions on tests they've done that the prosecution didn't think of doing.

Exactly .. His opinions. Not true fact. He is a poor witness and Nel has found this out.
  • Options
    bobbydbobbyd Posts: 3,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    porky42 wrote: »
    lol :D
  • Options
    NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judge I feel dislikes Nel ;-/
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    The prosecution did not need to carry out tests, they had hearing witnesses, it's up to the defense to disprove it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    Sorry :D I won't distract you again :p

:D If finger clicking was exercise I would be a top class athlete by now :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    The prosecution did not need to carry out tests, they had hearing witnesses, it's up to the defense to disprove it.

Exactly
  • Options
    Forum Member

Agree and Nel should have had the test shots recording or I would have thought so as Roux has brought them up as evidence :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Black Tallon ammo is hard to get hold of :o:o
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Black Talon ammo is difficult to get hold of".

Oscar could`ve let you have some. He has a full box with only four missing.
  • Options
    Geelong CatGeelong Cat Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hearing witnesses who heard things that, according to both state and prosecution, they couldn't possibly have heard. If the prosecution case is that Pistorius shot at least six shots on two separate occasions, as witnesses indicated, then I guess they don't need to try to explain what the sounds were. If their case is anything else, then trying to support that theory with evidence would help them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Black Tallon ammo is hard to get hold of :o:o

Oscar has used up most of it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree and Nel should have had the test shots recording or I would have thought so as Roux has brought them up as evidence :confused:

I'm surprised the defence did not have to give the prosecution copies of the evidence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »

Five missing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »

:D

He drop OP right in it there :blush:
This discussion has been closed.