Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    Why feel sorry for him?

He has acted outside of his knowledge, been found to mislead the court at a murder trial, twice, and produced science that a child at school would be embarrassed by.

All the time he was effectively being paid by a killer.

Feel sorry for Reeva.

Why tell me to feel sorry for Reeva? Of course I feel sorry for Reeva. I am just hoping that nobody decides to act on the death threats that he is receivng. Why would you think that expressing concern about that would mean I don't feel for Reeva and her family.
  • Options
    jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol you lightweights

10:20 and your off to bed :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Personally, I think Roger Rocks should be played by Mark Gatiss, with a beard, when it comes to the film of the trial.
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frecka wrote: »
    Just watching Sky catch up. When OP isn't covering his ears he is watching Dixon with absolute fury. Anyone else notice his thundering facial expression?

If looks could kill, Dixon would have keeled over stone dead !!! Talk about venom !!! I can only imagine the conversation with Roux afterwards. Indeed its probably a good job his firearm is safely out of his hands or Roux may have been accident number 2 for putting such an unprepared witness who did nothing but aid the prosecution on the stand. Mind you, maybe after OP took to blaming Roux on the stand, Roux is secretly enjoying this.
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I think Roger Rocks should be played by Mark Gatiss, with a beard, when it comes to the film of the trial.

I think he should be played by Rowan Atkinson in full Mr Bean mode
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    If looks could kill, Dixon would have keeled over stone dead !!! Talk about venom !!! I can only imagine the conversation with Roux afterwards. Indeed its probably a good job his firearm is safely out of his hands or Roux may have been accident number 2 for putting such an unprepared witness who did nothing but aid the prosecution on the stand. Mind you, maybe after OP took to blaming Roux on the stand, Roux is secretly enjoying this.

I think he's ducking and diving
  • Options
    cath99cath99 Posts: 6,826
    Forum Member
    Just watched the latest on Sky. I seriously just can't understand what the defence were thinking putting Dixon on the stand. Do they have nobody else to testify for them? Roux must have known how weak he was. Just why put him on the stand?
  • Options
    GaaronGaaron Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Yes. Undoubtedly the light and sound tests were a bit amateurish, but it's not as if we have any other testing to counter them.

I did think Nel shot himself in the foot (so hard to avoid that phrase) by saying that perception of light is subjective, so suggesting Dixon should've used an instrument to measure it objectively. But if it's subjective, then what use is it to measure it objectively? That wouldn't tell us how Pistorius perceived the level of light/darkness; according to Nel himself only Pistorius can tell us that.

I also don't quite understand the goal of Nel's questioning on the sound tests. OK, so he's established they weren't carried out very scientifically. Are we therefore supposed to conclude that the bat and gunshots don't sound the same? If so, what did the witnesses hear? This part of the prosecution is still very fuzzy.

BIB 10/10
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kat1966 wrote: »
    Thank you, on Tramadol for a very, very bad back and for some reason I feel very woozy tonight,

Same here. I'm on Tramadol for my back as well. It does make you woozy doesn't it? I hope you feel better soon x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ_Tvll wrote: »
    Great post !!

Is it your contention that :

- OP cracked/broke the door panel first with 3 strikes of the cricket bat
    - OP then shot 4 rounds into the door
    - OP broke apart the door panel with his hands to reach the key and open the door

Interesting theory that fits a lot of what the witnesses saw/heard that evening

It completely fits the witness' evidence, and what's more it proves the prosecution's case.
  • Options
    GaaronGaaron Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    sandy50 wrote: »
    the shot to Reeva's head would have meant she died instantly, and Oscar initially testified that Reeva was NOT breathing when he got to her - and couple of breaths after the shot to her head, Oscar would not have seen , as he was finding ways to break down that door and breaking in at the time - so his story is ridiculous when he changed it to SHE WAS BREATHING when he got to her.

It may have already been spoken about Sandy. But even after some time after death, the body can make noises.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    http://oscartrial.dstv.com/video/100832/category/0

Martin Hood, who's appearing on Sky News now as a Legal pundit - has said that he thinks Oscar should be considering his Not Guilty Plea now !

I thought he raised interesting points. He is also a defence attorney and he is definitely suggesting the wheels are off the defence case and a plea is where they should be going. Many on here for the last few days have said this.
    It's interesting that Sky who have remained fairly neutral until now are seem to be suggesting that the defence are in trouble.
    I was surprised that the defence expert said that Dixon was their big gun as far as expert witnessess go. That does not look good for the case.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    cath99 wrote: »
    Just watched the latest on Sky. I seriously just can't understand what the defence were thinking putting Dixon on the stand. Do they have nobody else to testify for them? Roux must have known how weak he was. Just why put him on the stand?

Like 'what came before the Big Bang?', it's just one of those questions that will probably always remain a mystery.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    I think he should be played by Rowan Atkinson in full Mr Bean mode

:D hee hee
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like 'what came before the Big Bang?', it's just one of those questions that will probably always remain a mystery.

I'm beginning to think they just don't have much else.

Why ask Dixon to be chief cook and bottle washer - to cover all forensic aspects? It seems mad.

They had Botha - ineffectual in damaging the State case, and they seem to have Dixon for everything else:confused:

If they had their own ballistics, blood spatter expert etc. Why not put them on first?

I suspect that more than one 'expert' may have dropped out, or come to conclusions that don't serve the defense so can't be used.

It's looking seriously bad for the defense that so far they have had Botha and Dixon.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had an awful thought - that Dixon was actually overseeing all these forensic areas, and that's why he was there.

If so, the defense is stuffed.
  • Options
    brillopadbrillopad Posts: 3,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cath99 wrote: »

Probably because he was gathering 'evidence' up until 3 days ago when he was aware of what the evidence needed to say.

Bit unfortunate that he contradicted some of OP version .
  • Options
    WilkcoWilkco Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ_Tvll wrote: »
    Great post !!

Is it your contention that :

- OP cracked/broke the door panel first with 3 strikes of the cricket bat
    - OP then shot 4 rounds into the door
    - OP broke apart the door panel with his hands to reach the key and open the door

Interesting theory that fits a lot of what the witnesses saw/heard that evening
    I also agree that this is what happened.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had an awful thought - that Dixon was actually overseeing all these forensic areas, and that's why he was there.

I think they are stuffed anyway. They were believing OP .

Anyhoo, rather like Roux there's only 1 wheel on my wagon so I'm wheeling my way to bed. .:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm beginning to think they just don't have much else.

Why ask Dixon to be chief cook and bottle washer - to cover all forensic aspects? It seems mad.

They had Botha - ineffectual in damaging the State case, and they seem to have Dixon for everything else:confused:

If they had their own ballistics, blood spatter expert etc. Why not put them on first?

I suspect that more than one 'expert' may have dropped out, or come to conclusions that don't serve the defense so can't be used.

It's looking seriously bad for the defense that so far they have had Botha and Dixon.

I've seen it suggested that money is an issue for the defence (although I find that unlikely). Or they couldn't get anyone else or someone from the defence cocked it up by trying to take shortcuts. Someone also said that the defence does have other expert witnesses, which makes one ask 'Why have Roger Radish at all?'
  • Options
    brillopadbrillopad Posts: 3,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. I'm on Tramadol for my back as well. It does make you woozy doesn't it? I hope you feel better soon x

Back pains (spasms) are often well suited to treatment with Diazepam.
  • Options
    jpscloudjpscloud Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my goodness I can finally post! I've been lurking for a while and completely addicted to this thread, let alone the trial!

So... now I can post, of course I'm a bit overwhelmed and anyway I've missed the boat (for two weeks anyway :))

Random thoughts that I wanted to post along the way...

OP says he screams like a girl... if he does go to prison, there's every chance that will be tested to the full :o

If he ends up on house arrest I'll be incensed. He'll continue to live a pampered life surrounded and supported by equally deluded relatives but he won't be let out to play with guns any more. But no doubt he will get to play with virtual ones and shoot plenty of zombies. I wish I could be under house arrest, beats going out to work for a living!

I do think he's going to prison though. I really can't quite believe he isn't there now, bail always seemed to me to be an outrageous mistake. He's clearly irresponsible to the point of being a grave and continued danger to others, even if he didn't commit murder.

I'm still wavering between murder in a fit of rage and thinking he may have been so deluded as to think firing bullets through the door would scare Reeva witless but not actually kill her.

I don't know if this would fit everything but maybe they argued, Reeva goes to put her jeans on and get ready to walk out on him, he gets nasty and aggressive, rips the jeans off her, she storms off to the loo and actually does get to have a wee, he grabs his gun and fires through the door to scare her, realises she's been hit, is panicked out of rage and then everything from there is him realising the full horror of what he's done.

Can anyone clear up a question about the bin bags... I've been looking but can't find the facts. Someone in an earlier post mentioned that he might, for a fleeting moment, have thought about disposing of the body - chilling thought, but could he have got the bin bags in that moment, then when witnesses were there used them to stem the bleeding?

Ok sorry for the blithering! So glad I can post now, thanks to everyone for the links and the smiles and the updates.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I think it's pretty much all over now anyway. I'll be astonished if he isn't found guilty of the premeditated murder of Steenkamp.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    I think he's ducking and diving

I agree & think Roux is not remotely enamoured with OP on a personal level and as Conchie said has no problem with OP getting what's coming to him. I imagine he & Nel have in reality very similar opinions on the matter.
This discussion has been closed.