Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    feckit wrote: »
    Come on AJ, Kap is a maverick. :cool:
    Mind you, this thread would have been a hell of a lot less pages if the Lad had just bucked up his ideas earlier. :):):D:p

:D I must admit that some of the excitement of posting here has gone now I don't have to argue the toss with most of the other contributors.

And there's still smacka and Shortyknickers! Not sure about Inspiration.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jpscloud wrote: »

I'm just off to rip up my geology degree. Professor Waffle probably does know a fair bit about chemicals and materials, kinetics and so on but I'm as baffled as everyone else as to why he was actually entertained as any kind of expert in a murder case, especially the first one to be broadcast and analysed in such a way.

I'm another one completely enamoured with Mr Nel by the way. He's now an international celebrity and I for one am already fantasising about him on Celebrity BB :D

Oh yeah that'd be great :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I really don't think they are going to do the animation. I mean, they would have to show a man stopping to put on his socks in a life or death emergency. Even Homer Simpson wouldn't do that.
  • Options
    GaaronGaaron Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    In what way?

It was when OP was 'messing up' & I started to feel for Roux. All the hard work he had put in, & I felt he became 'deflated'. My 'emotion' taking hold, in that I hope he manages to get OP on the lesser charge. Rather silly I know. I have been able to listen/see evidence throughout as objectively as possible. When it's nearing the end of the trial my brain has had a soppy fit.
    It may sound harsh to others, that I've managed to just deal with facts, but we cannot put our subjective 'feelings/thoughts' into sentencing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Do you guys think Oscar's team would try to cut some kind of deal during this break ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D I must admit that some of the excitement of posting here has gone now I don't have to argue the toss with most of the other contributors.

And there's still smacka and Shortyknickers! Not sure about Inspiration.

BIB ...I've missed them tonight!
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaaron wrote: »
    BIB ...I've missed them tonight!

Maybe after today's disaster they know they can't defend it anymore:o
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    It was when OP was 'messing up' & I started to feel for Roux. All the hard work he had put in, & I felt he became 'deflated'. My 'emotion' taking hold, in that I hope he manages to get OP on the lesser charge. Rather silly I know. I have been able to listen/see evidence throughout as objectively as possible. When it's nearing the end of the trial my brain has had a soppy fit.
    It may sound harsh to others, that I've managed to just deal with facts, but we cannot put our subjective 'feelings/thoughts' into sentencing.

I do feel for Roux, and I think he's had a big problem getting experts to back up Oscar's version...who'd want to ruin their career by backing up Oscar's story. But I think that he'd rather see justice prevail than win knowing a murderer walked free.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was Donmack:D

Hurrah! :) V glad to know who it was & comedy congratulations to Donmack - although I think she/he isn't back until after Easter!
  • Options
    jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loveloveX wrote: »
    I've read that before :cry::cry::cry::cry:

she seemed a lovely person

what a lovely message her mate left.
  • Options
    josjos Posts: 9,992
    Forum Member

What a plonker. He really has no idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it's true, she's a 19 year old paramedic apparently and her family have welcomed him. :o:o:o

A paramedic....probably useful to have one around OP what with all those guns accidentally going off
  • Options
    jpscloudjpscloud Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't think they are going to do the animation. I mean, they would have to show a man stopping to put on his socks in a life or death emergency. Even Homer Simpson wouldn't do that.

I'm not certain but I thought at one point early on in his X examination OP said the socks are kept on the prosthetic legs - kind of makes sense as you probably wouldn't bother taking them off every time you took off the legs. It's only the top part, where his legs fit into the sockets of the prostheses, that needs to air out.

I'm still confused about the whole legs on or off thing though. Even if the socks were already on, taking that time to put on the legs seems odd. Was it his account that he had to do that in order to bash the door down successfully?

Edit: I mean it seems odd to put his legs on before calling for medical assistance - he can't have been in any doubt that he'd seriously harmed someone, and at this stage believed it to be Reeva. Surely the phone call would have been the first thing, not the legs - he could bash the door down while help was on its way?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Reading up on the wealth of the Pistorius family there is no way that Oscar is having to sell his house to pay for this trial. I believe he wants to get rid of the property and all its associations, but he and his family have their fingers in so many lucrative pies he can easily be bankrolled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depending on how much of the toilet door had been broken open he could well have seen her through it anyway. It's been suggested that she could see him (and the gun) hence the escalation of the fear in the screams.

wait I'm lost

where's all this ''she could see him from where she was standing'' coming from? is this new evidence:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jpscloud wrote: »
    I'm not certain but I thought at one point early on in his X examination OP said the socks are kept on the prosthetic legs - kind of makes sense as you probably wouldn't bother taking them off every time you took off the legs. It's only the top part, where his legs fit into the sockets of the prostheses, that needs to air out.

I'm still confused about the whole legs on or off thing though. Even if the socks were already on, taking that time to put on the legs seems odd. Was it his account that he had to do that in order to bash the door down successfully?

Oscar clearly stated in his cross-examination that in between, shooting Reeva and knocking down the bathroom door, he looked for his socks in the dark and put them on. It seemed an odd priority. He also claimed that the reason his legs were on the balcony side of the bed is that they need to be aired overnight (hence probably no socks). I don't believe he was sleeping on the sofa side of the bed and I don't believe he stopped to put his socks on. He socks were on, IMO, because they hadn't gone to bed and he hadn't yet taken his legs off. Saying he put his socks on also adds an extra activity to fill in the time gap between bangs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    I do feel for Roux, and I think he's had a big problem getting experts to back up Oscar's version...who'd want to ruin their career by backing up Oscar's story. But I think that he'd rather see justice prevail than win knowing a murderer walked free.

BIB I agree. I do think if OP had stuck to the story, all would have just gone along nicely.
    There has always been one piece of evidence given from OP that hasn't felt comfortable with me - that he ran onto the balcony & shouted (screamed/cried) for help. OK if it was nearby & without the obstacles of opening curtains, doors etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've become obsessed with strange things during this trial; wee, socks, fans, plugs, duvets ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've become obsessed with strange things during this trial; wee, socks, fans, plugs, duvets ...

Curtain tiebacks...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jazzyjake wrote: »
    wait I'm lost

where's all this ''she could see him from where she was standing'' coming from? is this new evidence:o

it sounds as if Kap has been influenced lol. There isn't any evidence as far as I have heard (via the court sessions).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol can't believe kap has changed his mind.
  • Options
    josjos Posts: 9,992
    Forum Member
    Hiris wrote: »
    I agree & think Roux is not remotely enamoured with OP on a personal level and as Conchie said has no problem with OP getting what's coming to him. I imagine he & Nel have in reality very similar opinions on the matter.

I agree, especially since OP was on the stand and totally c**ked it up and put some blame on Roux.
    Take your money and run Barry on to the next client forget this self obsessed idiot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wish you all a goodnight (ok I may switch the Kindle on) & a good Easter Holiday. See you in 2 weeks.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm a Roux fan too and I'm disappointed for him when I see him with slumped in his chair with his hand on the side of his face. Who knows. Maybe he thinks everything is going okay at the moment and that the defence has some more tricks up its sleeve but that doesn't seem to be consensus opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"the denim" still makes me laugh when I hear it in a sentence. It's like when I hear German colleagues calling their mobile their "handy".
This discussion has been closed.