Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 59)

Comments

• Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you missed out. But I can't help thinking if this were on BBC1 you would have given it another go. Watch it on catchup on on one of Ch 4 repeat channels.

Seriously tonight was laugh out loud all the way through. Don't be influenced by Samuel's hate for anything that is not on BBC, he's just grumpy. Who cares if parts are set up, if it makes you laugh.......:)

In fairness H I be been giving Googlebox another go for a while now. Am a little fed up with you constantly saying if this was BBC etc. I'll try a show am interested in, if it disappoints firstly I'll give it another go. If it lets me down again then that's it simple.
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,868
    Forum Member
    In fairness H I be been giving Googlebox another go for a while now. Am a little fed up with you constantly saying if this was BBC etc. I'll try a show am interested in, if it disappoints firstly I'll give it another go. If it lets me down again then that's it simple.

Absolutely, don't watch it if you don't like it :) Gogglebox baffles me, I think its a show you either get or not, I personally think watching a TV programme about people watching TV making scripted comments is about as far away from funny as anything, but I get people like it so each to their own :p (And its absolutely a hit for Channel 4 so what do I know)
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't get it either - caught a few minutes here and there and although on paper it should be one of those things I love I just can't stand it. The casting doesn't help.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Samuel so bleedin' obsessed with Gogglebox at the moment? Did someone on it say something bad about a BBC show? Or worse still, something positive about an itv show? You'd almost think it was the only show on TV that wasn't 100% authentic and real.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    Why is Samuel so bleedin' obsessed with Gogglebox at the moment? Did someone on it say something bad about a BBC show? Or worse still, something positive about an itv show? You'd almost think it was the only show on TV that wasn't 100% authentic and real.

Yes and Yes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ok fair enough. Though this is only the 2nd time I've said that, but it is true though. I myself freely admit I am more likely to give an ITV show the more chances (2 or 3) than Ch4 or Five and sometimes BBC.

Edit: Oh so you've not be watching Gogglebox, you've been watching Googlebox, no wonder you didn't like it. :D
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've give up on it last weeks episode was a complete joke.

It didn't feature Eastenders that's probably why.

Lucy's death was a complete and utter let down. Couldn't careless about the character she's had so many head changes.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    Re Strictly.

I think the Beeb would like to go with Vernon Kay (in fact Im surprised they haven't given him something more significant than temping on the One Show now he is freelance) but the fact that he is married to Tess brings perhaps the wrong type of chemistry to the mix.

They did Just the Two of Us together and iirc it wasn't considered a total success - well they haven't co-hosted since so I guess something didn't click.

Danny Cohen said some time ago that when Brucie went Kay would not be considered. He was then controller BBC1 and is now overall supremo of BBC TV so I guess his views carry some weight.Anyhow the BBC has a rule that husbands and wives can't work together in the same department !
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok fair enough. Though this is only the 2nd time I've said that, but it is true though. I myself freely admit I am more likely to give an ITV show the more chances (2 or 3) than Ch4 or Five and sometimes BBC.

Edit: Oh so you've not be watching Gogglebox, you've been watching Googlebox, no wonder you didn't like it. :D

Lol am never sure which way you spell it :D
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Danny Cohen said some time ago that when Brucie went Kay would not be considered. He was then controller BBC1 and is now overall supremo of BBC TV so I guess his views carry some weight.Anyhow the BBC has a rule that husbands and wives can't work together in the same department !

Thats not true is it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Well they do actually. They often air pre-recorded fillers in the second half hour and have a single presenter doing fairly straight bulletins in the top half hour rather than 2 presenters doing rolling news throughout.

The EastEnders trailer has been shown in every junction since 8:30 tonight and the announcer has also been mentioning it often as well heavily promoting the omnibus like it was airing in prime time and not at nearly Midnight. If this carries on all weekend, the rating on Monday should be like an EastEnders Christmas Day.

The BBC wish that was true!!!:D There is a point here though - if the Monaday rating is about normal or slightly up/down you could legitimately ask the question what was the point of the promotion and why have they wasted money on it?
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Thats not true is it?

It certainly is - it's designed to ensure one partner is not in a position where he/she is giving instructions to the other as the BBC has had a few problems in the past. They can still work within the BBC but not together. It applies to staff members.
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,844
    Forum Member
    I would like to think there will be a slight increase, but Monday is just the beginning of a long running story. I'd give it a few weeks before we judge the worth if the promo campaign.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It didn't feature Eastenders that's probably why.

Lucy's death was a complete and utter let down. Couldn't careless about the character she's had so many head changes.

It's interesting to read some peoples in trenched views.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A.D.P wrote: »
    It's interesting to read some peoples in trenched views.

He should be in a trench!! :D

FYI - the word is entrenched.

entrenched

(of an attitude, habit, or belief) firmly established and difficult or unlikely to change; ingrained.
    "an entrenched resistance to change"

EDIT: I hope I dont sound like the spelling police. :)
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    I would like to think there will be a slight increase, but Monday is just the beginning of a long running story. I'd give it a few weeks before we judge the worth if the promo campaign.

Ideally what you want is for a boost, people like what they see of the rest of the show and they stick around. The Tonight Show with Jay Leno/Hugh Grant moment.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The One Show: 3.07m (17.5%)
    A Question of Sport: 2.82m (14.4%)
    EastEnders: 6.41m (30.8%)
    Masterchef: 3.80m (17.0%)
    Have I Got News For You: 4.46m (20.6%)
    Outnumbered: 2.89m (13.9%)
    The Graham Norton Show: 2.74m (19.5%)
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »

Whoops...

Edit. Actually to be fair the share is up 0.6% on last week.

;)
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,844
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »

I'm not surprised to see it at that level. The show can fluctuate from a low 8 to a low 6 depending on circumstance, so for Good Friday that was to be expected. As I've said before, the actual death episode is of little relevance, it's what happens after. That said, I'm well aware the the arrival of the Carters, Stacey's return and even Janine's trial were all being billed as the moment the viewers return, and the numbers don't seem to be budging.

Monday for EE seems to be stuck in the 7.1m region, I wonder of we will see an increase on Monday?
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    Whoops...

30% share for Good Friday is ok and just what I expected. Its next week that is the real test. Not last night.

I will form a better opinion once we have the Edale and Corrie overnights to compare against.
  • Options
    JayLee1JayLee1 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    I'm not surprised to see it at that level. The show can fluctuate from a low 8 to a low 6 depending on circumstance, so for Good Friday that was to be expected. As I've said before, the actual death episode is of little relevance, it's what happens after. That said, I'm well aware the the arrival of the Carters, Stacey's return and even Janine's trial were all being billed as the moment the viewers return, and the numbers don't seem to be budging.

Monday for EE seems to be stuck in the 7.1m region, I wonder of we will see an increase on Monday?

Disappointing but expected for EastEnders. No doubt Coronation Street continues to reign supreme.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's another week when Graham Norton has looked rather low. Wonder what's going on there. HIGNFY did OK but is looking a bit off colour this series too. That looks pretty good for MasterChef against Corrie though.

Not going to comment on EE as I'm finding this whole soap debate unbelievably tedious.
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,868
    Forum Member
    Score wrote: »
    That's another week when Graham Norton has looked rather low. Wonder what's going on there. HIGNFY did OK but is looking a bit off colour this series too. That looks pretty good for MasterChef against Corrie though.

Not going to comment on EE as I'm finding this whole soap debate unbelievably tedious.

It was a rather uninspiring couch though, and Ricky Gervais makes me want to eject my TV out of the window and I known a lot of others feel the same :p
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    Whoops...

Edit. Actually to be fair the share is up 0.6% on last week.

;)

It depends if you are expecting EastEnders to jump to 8m each week. I don't so I'm not. Friday night is the lowest night of the week for it. Hasn't hit 7m there for months.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »

I suspect he's being dented by Alan Carr Chatty Man. so far this series he has been very funny.
This discussion has been closed.