Options

[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    Nene has always had that bored look when it comes to the reunions. Well she did whenever Kim or Sheree were sitting opposite her anyway. It's a shame though because she's such a big personality and her sour face really does put a dampener on everything.

Pheadra, for example, would have the same grievance with someone but wouldn't bring the atmosphere down to the point where everyone feels uncomfortable about it. Nene's ego has never allowed a room of people to feel differently than she does - if Nene's down then the whole room needs to be dragged down with her.
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved part 1 of the Atlanta reunion. The facial expressions from the women were off the chart. Kenya clearly wanted Porsha to put her hands on her IMO and dumb Porsha played right into her hands. I really hope this means that Porsha is off the show for good as even though I enjoyed the reunion and this season, I don't want to see physical fighting becoming a regular occurance on the show. The women on this show are at their best when fighting with words and the physical stuff isn't needed.
    Also, did Porsha lose the use of her legs after hitting Kenya? Why did she need to be carried everywhere? Next week's looks good too, I hope Cynthia grows a backbone and tells Naynay to go to hell as I seriously can't stand her anymore.
  • Options
    Ben_HuntBen_Hunt Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Nene has always had that bored look when it comes to the reunions. Well she did whenever Kim or Sheree were sitting opposite her anyway. It's a shame though because she's such a big personality and her sour face really does put a dampener on everything.

Pheadra, for example, would have the same grievance with someone but wouldn't bring the atmosphere down to the point where everyone feels uncomfortable about it. Nene's ego has never allowed a room of people to feel differently than she does - if Nene's down then the whole room needs to be dragged down with her.

YES! Nene dishes it out all season and then when it comes to the reunions she'll joke around with Andy at the beginning but then go all awkward when he asks a question - i.e. giving one word answers or refusing to elaborate. I do love her reactions to other people though.

I am so annoyed by that whole Reunion (Part I) moreso because of how Andy reacted, yes Porsha was wrong to 'go there' but in the same extent there was never any consequence for Kenya goading her with such allegations. Two minutes prior, Kenya was talking about how she never put any of the women down and then starts throwing out accusations and once again plays the victim like a panto dame. I do love her as a villain, however the whole thing just came across as if the she was protected by TPTB (much in the same way Nene often comes across) and I hate sensing that whole hierarchy, especially as this season Kenya has not been interesting in the slightest. It's all theatrics with her, which in one way makes her exciting to the dynamic but also undermines the 'reality' of the show if she's just looking to steal the spotlight with her staged and pre-determined shade-throwing.

Andy sending Porsha home just seemed like a pink slip out of the show itself.

"Nene should have spent a few more dollars than the escapee from **** island" - my quote of the season.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    Based on their reaction to Porsha I'd say that the rumour Nene & Phaedra tried to get Porsha to do their dirty work is most likely true.
    I dunno. They seemed to have decided to not rise to Kenya and had been trying to convince Porsha not to either.

To be honest I think Kenya has been extremely short sighted in her grudge against Porsha.

She came into the show and instantly decided she was going to be off with Cynthia and Porsha while sucking up to Nene, Phaedra and Kandi. Bad mistake. Nene and Phaedra despise her and Kandi meerly tolerates her.

This season the ONLY housewife who has attempted to engage with Kenya in a genuine heartfelt 'real' way beyond her just being the clown with contrived theatrics is Porsha in Savannah. She was also the only one really willing to give her the benefit of the doubt over pillow talk. And yet Porsha is the one she can't seem to stop herself going for, the one she just can't let it go with. And if she did Porsha would probably be the only one who would give her time of day.
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    Also, I just want to add - did anyone notice that Cynthia's nipple made an appearance when Porsha swiped at Kenya's megaphone?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben_Hunt wrote: »
    Andy sending Porsha home just seemed like a pink slip out of the show itself.
    I don't think so... otherwise the person getting the pink slip would be Andy himself.

To be honest forget Kenya and Porsha, it's Andy Cohen's future this event could have the biggest impact on.

He's already been pushed out from any top position of power in Bravo with his only saving grace being the popularity of the housewives franchises and his status as a popular face on the network. And like with Bravo he could be easily removed from his exec producer Housewives role. He is in charge but actually his position is slightly more symbolic than it was before his demotion.

I mean negativity towards this event seems to be growing less towards either Porsha and Kenya and more towards the show itself and it's 'boss' Andy Cohen. And the network have not really done much to dissuade that growing swell of reaction, they have been very conspicuous in their silence.

It does smell like the powers that be are going to let Andy as the 'face' of the show be the scapegoat for the fallout and whatever decision is made. And if it's the wrong decision and the public react badly he'll take the fall.

Though it feels like Andy knows that, he's being extremely careful in his handling of this. It's like he making a concerted effort to not condone either party while not totally accusing anyone or saying anything either way. Sort of having an opinion, while not having one. Being very careful (almost to careful) to make sure he's not putting himself in a position where he can be made the scapegoat.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Also, I just want to add - did anyone notice that Cynthia's nipple made an appearance when Porsha swiped at Kenya's megaphone?!

LOOOL I just re-watched the clip :D:D:o her boob fell out Cynthias reaction was so funny she like 'holy Sh*t I'm getting out of here' :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    It saddens me that NeNe thinks she's too big for this show, or so it seemed to me, at least.

The way she was almost dictating to Andy how she would only answer his questions if she was allowed complete attention from the rest of the (and most importantly, the TV-) crew, is miles apart from what the rest of them had to resort to in order to get the camera attention - varying from snide remarks (Pheadra) to props (Kenya) to physicality (Porsha)...

It may be too soon to call, but NeNe might well find that the show has outgrown her, rather than the other way around. Especially if she alienates Cohen (e.g. having issues about how he addressed her in his welcoming round).

I miss the NeNe of earlier seasons, when cohorting & having fun with Kim.

As for the Kenya / Porsha altercation, I think it was a built-up scenario staged by both sides. Spine-less Pheadra/NeNe on one side, and too-camera-aware Kenya on the other, taking full opportunity of the situation.

Consummate actress award in all of this certainly goes to Kenya. Probably much to NeNe's dismay. Her previous speech about helping women at their lowest, and showing Christian compassion was out of the window in a flash, when barking about Porsha deserving to get fired.

She could've turned the other cheek and gained loads of support right there and then (even though Porsha probably was doomed anyway, in terms of renewed contract)..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Well that was intriguing to watch how it all went down. Kenya was definitely provoking Porsha with the scepter and megaphone. Pointing the scepter at Porsha and Phaedra was just plain rude but with the megaphone she was intentionally speaking over Porsha so she could not be heard. Kenya never used the megaphone on anyone other then Porsha as she knew she would get a rise out of her. When Kenya started to interrupt Nene she calmly said "If you want me to answer a question then let me answer or dont ask me a question". If only Porsha could of stayed that calm. It is funny that 'Yes Porsha' and 'But Kenya' were trending after the reunion. There is no excuse for violence though. It just shows that Porsha still has some growing up to do. I'm sure Porsha was not going to be back anyway next year but she certainly went out with a bang haha :o The rest of the reunion before that was good though

#SoNastyAndSoRude
    #IWouldStopAtChick-Fil-AToo
    #CasperTheFriendlyBoyfriend
  • Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see where Bravo stands with the entire situation and casting Season 7 though. Whatever they decide will set a precedent for all Real Housewives shows because this may push the other cities into ''bringing it'' even more. I do believe Teresa's table flip way back in 2009 set a precedent itself for the entire franchise. Could this do the same?

I think it's a hard one. They either set a precedent of violence being acceptable OR that it is acceptable for a HW to go low and say whatever she wants.

LOL! I noticed Cynthia's nipple out too.
    Other than that... Kandi was awesome with what she said to Nene regarding the play and regarding the fat-shaming.

Nene looks like she's bored and doesn't want to be there.

I agree. I was loving Kandi calling Nene out on it because we were all thinking what she was saying.

Nene was annoying last night. She killed the vibe of the reunion. At this point, if she's about to become a KimZ the second then she can walk. I think Nene's main problem is that the only housewife on the show she gets on with is Porsha and let's be honest, it isn't like they have much in common - she shot herself in the foot when she got rid of Sheree knowing Kim was checking out as they have been the only 2 she ever genuinely got on with (& Cynthia), even if they did fight a lot.
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »

I am a bit disappointed that Marlo is not on the reunion and I bet Nene had something to do with that :/

I agree. Could you imagine though, Marlo dragging Nene across the stage like Kenya. :D. Who knows, it could be a secret being kept for part 3. It is odd that Marlo, Malorie, Natalie & Monique (?) are not there when they were involved in the drama.

I was loving the faces and eye rolling! The megaphone was hysterical...but she ruined a golden moment by not having her prop ready.

I disagree that Kenya was in the blame for hitting below the belt - at the reunion anyway, not the season. She was giving just as bad as she was getting. Porsha was going there with the buying a boyfriend so Kenya accused her of cheating (which was already out there). In Bethenny Frankel's words 'you zinged her first and she whacked you back' - ironic considering it was Kenya that got whacked, physically speaking.

I don't think production did engineer this. From what Phaedra was saying ("that's why I didn't wanna sit there") it sounded like she was supposed to be sitting in Porsha's seat but refused :confused:. Then Phaedra saying that her and Porsha had spoken about this a few days prior made it seem like Porsha had this planned prior to the reunion...and that's unacceptable. I think Phaedra revealing that could lose Porsha her place if Kenya picks up on it. They were both as bad as each other but it never needed to get physical.

I doubt Porsha's coming back next season after this. More so because she's had no storyline all season than anything else. I would say her space depends on how Cynthia comes off of the reunion. If she brings it and drums up enough reaction by giving it to Nene then she'll be back and at least 1 person will have to go to freshen things up. Also, anyone that seriously thinks Andy Cohen is about to be given his pink slips from housewives is crazy as hell. In the viewers eyes, he IS housewives. Everyone always wants to know what he has to say on housewives issues and could you really imagine anyone else presenting the reunion?
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D So, the Atlanta Reunion was just as entertaining as I thought it would be. These ladies always give good reunion though.

Reading through the previous comments I pretty much agree with what's already been said.

Porsha/Kenya was ridiculously ratchet. I think Porsha may have just gotten herself fired after that stunt. I don't condone violence at all, but Kenya definitely got her riled up on purpose, calling her a cheat, bringing up her marriage- all through a megaphone! You have to expect things are going to go a little left if you start acting like that. Kenya is just much smarter than Porsha, and sadly for Porsha she played right into her hands. Kenya knew that could happen, and she knew what the repercussions would be. She bit when she shouldn't. Its not easy in that situation though, its easy to flip out and think later. It would have been different had Porsha taken a minute and tried to calm down. I had to unintentionally :D when Porsha was on the ground and Nene had her hand over her mouth! I did see Cynthia's boob pop out though when Porsha and Kenya got into it haha She was like Hell No, I'm out!

I'm not into this physical ratchet type behaviour though, and I really don't want it to become the new norm for this show- or any of the others. I love the way the Atlanta ladies fight with their words, the shade they throw. When it starts that we are putting hands on each other, I'm not down for that. This is the HW not Basketball Wives.

Nene just looks so over it all. She seems to have checked out the way Kim did. If Nene is so done then let her go, I used to love Nene, but I just cant with her. I loved crazy Nene from the early days. At least she was entertaining. I agree that when Nene isn't feeling it, the whole room is uncomfortable. Her ego is beyond.

Phaedra and her facial expressions, as ever, are gold :D "Casper the friendly boyfriend" I live! Its the way she says these things. She's fabulous.

Kandi as always is a star.

Looking forward to next week- I want to see Cynthia really bring it. I hope she's back next season, I think Cynthia no longer being Nene's cheerleader could be the making of her. And Mama Joyce takes the stage- that should be fun!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Porsha is over with the HW We only saw what they wanted us to see I bet production let her knew after that that she won't be back and by the looks of it the way NeNe was covering her mouth was to make sure she didn't say anything else more damaging. Its weird though isn't it how the men on these shows can batter each other i.e New Jersey and no one bats an eye lid but if the women do it then your pretty much fired.

I bet there will be a new section added to the contracts of all HW shows that if they get physical with any other HW then they will be axed from the show ;) unless its already in there.

On other news has anyone else got a UK link for Ladies of London ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I bet there will be a new section added to the contracts of all HW shows that if they get physical with any other HW then they will be axed from the show ;) unless its already in there.

I'm not sure there is a bit in there. However, there is a bit that states housewives cannot sure the network/production/etc. if they are assaulted by a cast member during filming.

I seen it online at Bravo and it looks pretty lame to be fair. It doesn't seem like a Real Housewives type show either.
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porsha is over with the HW We only saw what they wanted us to see I bet production let her knew after that that she won't be back and by the looks of it the way NeNe was covering her mouth was to make sure she didn't say anything else more damaging. Its weird though isn't it how the men on these shows can batter each other i.e New Jersey and no one bats an eye lid but if the women do it then your pretty much fired.

I'm not 100% convinced that Porsha is gone, as Adriana smacked Joanna in the face on RHOM and she still came back. If Porsha is a gonner, then it was already on the cards before the reunion and that little stunt was just the icing on the cake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On the subject of Marlo, I always assumed that she would make an appearance given that she played a big role this season in Kenya and Nene's stories. They usually save guests for the second or third parts and given that she wasn't shown on the next, I would assume they would get her back for the final part. Leaving her out out altogether would just be a farce.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    I'm not 100% convinced that Porsha is gone, as Adriana smacked Joanna in the face on RHOM and she still came back. If Porsha is a gonner, then it was already on the cards before the reunion and that little stunt was just the icing on the cake.

I think she was on the chopping block before all of this, she hardly had a storyline this season and she only got a 2nd season cause of her divorce from Kordel and it lead to nothing really. Im doubtful she will return.
    Ben_Hunt wrote: »
    On the subject of Marlo, I always assumed that she would make an appearance given that she played a big role this season in Kenya and Nene's stories. They usually save guests for the second or third parts and given that she wasn't shown on the next, I would assume they would get her back for the final part. Leaving her out out altogether would just be a farce.

Well If she is not here then NeNe had something to do with it >:( It doesn't look like they have any of the friends on as it wasn't show only the husbands in the promos.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Marlo was needed... There's much more interesting things to come with Mama Joyce and the husbands, having Marlo there wouldn't have added anything since Nene has made it clear (on the show and on her WWHL special) that she has nothing more to say about the situation.

And judging by how uncomfortable Marlo looked when the woman with the doll baby thing came to Kenya's house I don't think Marlo is ready to align herself with the crazy woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Marlo was needed... There's much more interesting things to come with Mama Joyce and the husbands, having Marlo there wouldn't have added anything since Nene has made it clear (on the show and on her WWHL special) that she has nothing more to say about the situation.

And judging by how uncomfortable Marlo looked when the woman with the doll baby thing came to Kenya's house I don't think Marlo is ready to align herself with the crazy woman.

For me, it was more about the producers having Nene know she isn't in charge and she doesn't dictate the cast and conversations. It would have been nice to see Marlo confront Nene to her face as well because she would have had to say something and engage - it would have also brought out the reason for their falling out which is a bit of a loose end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand this idea that Porsha 'had no storyline'.

She had more of a 'storyline' than everyone except Kandi as far as I saw it. The problem was it wasn't the storyline everyone predicted.

The wanted some simple scripted 'Sex and City-esque' girl done wrong and back on the town predictability. Instead they got the reaiity of divorce, something much darker and complicated and not quite as one sided, and while in reality being more interesting it's probably a lot less engaging... thus to some 'boring'.

Personally I found her divorce stuff fascinating. After Kandi's issues it was the only stuff that really wasn't just run of the mill. Exactly what reality tv should be about... the darker, more complicated human side of things that you don't see in romantic comedies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I'm with Kandi I think they should all come back next season.

I get bored of the 'so and so should be fired' and 'so and so should be brought back'.

This fight was something real and a reality show should deal with the fallout on screen. If Porsha gets arrested and charged and convicted or cautioned... deal with it on screen. If Kenya is pressing charges... deal with it on screen.

It's the first time Kenya actually has a genuinely interesting story that is real. That isn't contrived or made up. Where as an audience member you can actually generate some genuine pathos with.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »
    I don't understand this idea that Porsha 'had no storyline'.

She had more of a 'storyline' than everyone except Kandi as far as I saw it. The problem was it wasn't the storyline everyone predicted.

The wanted some simple scripted 'Sex and City-esque' girl done wrong and back on the town predictability. Instead they got the reaiity of divorce, something much darker and complicated and not quite as one sided, and while in reality being more interesting it's probably a lot less engaging... thus to some 'boring'.

Personally I found her divorce stuff fascinating. After Kandi's issues it was the only stuff that really wasn't just run of the mill. Exactly what reality tv should be about... the darker, more complicated human side of things that you don't see in romantic comedies.

I find Porsha much more enjoyable to watch than Kenya or Nene.

She has annoyed me loads this season but I found the complexities of her adjusting back to being single much more interesting than Kenya and Nene being mean & bitchy to everyone for no reason.
  • Options
    MissRightMissRight Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Kenya is a horrible bully, she kept picking on Porsha to the point, Porsha snapped and her shouting get fired, she knew what she was doing, by provoking her, honestly after watching that I seriously can not stand Kenya, I hate bullies, props should also been banned.

I noticed it was when Porsha was speaking she would use the megaphone to speak over her, no one else, Kenya always backs down to Nene but picks on Porsha as she sees her as weak and vulnerable,how rude and she also had no consideration for Cynthia who was sitting next her.

To be honest I think RHOA, could do with out the negative energy Kenya brings to the show, yes we watch for drama and entertainment but there is also a line, most people are quick to say no to violence, however in this case Kenya was clearly provoking her to that point and Kenya should not be let off for her actions and Porsha punish for losing her cool, so no I don't think she should or will get the sack for the fight, I actually felt bad for Porsha, most people are supporting Porsha, not Kenya, well certainly according to my twitter.

Even all the cast were there for Porsha and not for Kenya, when she was the one to get attacked, love Phaedra and her shade against Kenya, she's great with her comebacks and putting her in her place, next week looks interesting, can't wait for Cynthia vs Nene.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would like to see all the Housewives stay on the show, I do agree that Nene seems to have gotten it into her head that she is bigger than the show despite the fact that all her acting roles are essentially playing herself. Her quote in the titles suggested she was on the up after the New Normal axing but nothing come of it and I think she kinda realised that after a season/reunion show where she made Andy get the others to congratulate her, she was on the other side of that success. Funny how she always said that no one supports her in the cast yet at Kandi's musical and business launch she was absent or made a blink and you'll miss it apperance.

Anyway I digressed! Nene is synonymous with the show and I do hope she stays, I feel like Kenya is a nuisance and I do hate how she's protected by TPTB but if anything this outburst on the reunion will keep her in the show because everyone loves what a drama queen she is and now she FINALLY/possibly has a story that makes her a housewife (kinda) she might mature rather than just carry on as a spotlight stealer.

Cynthia isn't the most interesting but the rift from Nene has certainly made her more interesting and loaded with potential for next season. Also I just think she's so real, she had a glamorous lifestyle but her and Peter aren't the show offs that the others (sans Phaedra are) I think Phaedra lost some sparkle this season as she was absent in a few episodes but her reunion and confessionals make up for it and I agree with the above comment that Porsha had a real journey of rising from the ashes of a divorce this season. It wasn't about throwing herself under man after man but growing a backbone and finding the independence she needed.

I'm glad that Kandi shined this season, she always seemed to be supporting Kim previously or trying to come to terms with Nene throwing shade, whereas this season she matured also with her relationship and overcoming Momma Joyce's interference. I think if anything I would like them all to stay possibly with Sherée returning for an update on Neverland or a new cast member so it keeps the familiarity but introduces a new dynamic.

But NOT Natalie! I felt like she was so angling for a spot on the show this season.
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People talk about Kenya provoking, that is irrelevant in most legal jurisdictions, physical violence isn't condoned regardless of what was said before the violent act took place, whereas freedom of speech does allow a person say what they wish to you however unsavoury provided it isn't libelous.

Also get real, Porsha was calling Kenya a s*ut from the 90s and that she had a rotten vagina, so don't even make dumb Porsha the victim, she gives as much as she gets.

Also Phaedra can follow Porsha out the door, she has based two entire seasons now on hating on Kenya with no storyline whatsoever. Not to mention she is married to a con who's foaming at the mouth to hook up with her arch enemy Kenya, how pathetic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    With all the talk of Nene's ego its ironic I saw the advert that Lisa V, Sonja, Melissa and Vicki shot for the NBC upfronts and look who has a shot all on her own. Miss Nene Leakes! I don't know if it will be the same for everyone but I saw the advert on the hollywood reporter front page! :D

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/