Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    Eliza_MacleanEliza_Maclean Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    Well here's an alternative round up of the trial, this guy is pretty craaaaazy, full-on, looks like he's recorded this from his front room, but he's pretty barmey........only in America !!!

Really worth a listen !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZeH9iCw8p8

Sandy, thnx, really was worth a listen. And he came up with all this way before the trial. Wonder what he's saying now (told 'ya so....)
  • Options
    konyakonya Posts: 5,004
    Forum Member
    Probably been posted before but I must have missed it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCJXXR4ELlo

Small mention at the end about OP 'seeing a teen' whilst going out in a disguise.
  • Options
    NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konya wrote: »
    Glad I'm not going mad then and you heard it too. I guess it's really easy to miss hence Nel not noticing. In fact nobody else noticed, I only heard it because I thought the other reference was just a rough time guide!

GUILTY :D

Send him down.

Lol I have been mad for years though....:o youtube really needs subtitles :D
    I would have sent him down before he got bail, probably why I'm not a judge:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has everyone seen the mini interview with Reeva's mum?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgtYoztUwho
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol I have been mad for years though....:o youtube really needs subtitles :D
    I would have sent him down before he got bail, probably why I'm not a judge:D

Lol, we need a sound expert to slow the video clip down so they can have a proper listen.

Dixon............. DIXON?

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably been posted before but I must have missed it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCJXXR4ELlo

Small mention at the end about OP 'seeing a teen' whilst going out in a disguise.

Shame it's such a sad subject matter, but Nancy rocks :D
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At approx 16.53 it sounds like OP says 'she was screaming' is this the bit you mean? :o
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_hle5shsDY&app=desktop
    Monday 14 session 3

NO - it's more than that, listen again............
    WOW
    no idea how I missed this this previously.., it's subtle but it's there.....

Nel : "Why would you scream , why would you... screaming out ?"
    OP : "I was scared, I wanted to ask Reeva why she was phoning the police ! "

:o:o:o:o:o
    SO---- Reeva must have threatened to call the police when OP was losing it........so he shot her !!
    that's what really happened !
    that's it.

OP slipped up.......lost concentration........and said what really happened in error..,... then he switched back to telling the lie of his 'story'----:o

I missed that originally, - and sorry if bit slow picking up on this, but just heard it and seen the link ---- Nel should have interjected at that bit, and said "what did you just say ?" but he missed it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Has everyone seen the mini interview with Reeva's mum?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgtYoztUwho

What a dignified lady she is. Let's hope she gets that truth.
  • Options
    Fox_BluffFox_Bluff Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    agree just re- listened, it does sound like he said "she was screaming" but then Nel goes on saying " why would you scream etc...:confused:

Wish I could listen!

BIB - Nel's response makes it appear that OP had said "she wasn't screaming."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Donmack wrote: »
    I got the impression that OP brought up the boating accident as as way of saying that his brush with death had made him more scared of life generally and more inclined to want to protect it - hence blowing out his girlfriends brains because a magazine rack moved.

Yes, it did seem that OP put that macho slant on things when he brought the subject up but I wouldn't be surprised if Clever Barry was behind wanting OP to introduce it just in case they decide to go the brain damage route.
    Somebody else mentioned about how had OP reacted to situations before and after the accident and it does seem like a pretty long string of anti-social knee jerks since that time. I'm just not sure yet what sort of history he had before the accident.

Having said that, if the stuff that's come out about him lying about the boat incident itself is to be believed, he was acting like an asshole then (ie before any bumps on the head).

I read earlier that a guy in the UK stabbed his wife having previously been a model husband and this was blamed on DES.

I'm just starting to get a feeling that we might be hearing a lot more about it next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandy, thnx, really was worth a listen. And he came up with all this way before the trial. Wonder what he's saying now (told 'ya so....)
    i'll have to look to see if he's done another video since !! ha , he's so bubbly , and nuts !!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fox_Bluff wrote: »
    Wish I could listen!

BIB - Nel's response makes it appear that OP had said "she wasn't screaming."
    I hope you're talking about this bit, THIS IS HUGE !!!
    Monday 14 session 3

WOW

SO---- Reeva must have threatened to call the police when OP was losing it........so he shot her !!
    that's it.

OP slipped up.......lost concentration........and said what really happened in error..,... then he switched back to telling the lie of his 'story'----:o

I missed that originally, - and sorry if bit slow picking up on this, but just heard it and seen the link ---- Nel should have interjected at that bit, and said "what did you just say ?" but he missed it.
  • Options
    DonmackDonmack Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donmack, thnx for the compliment, but my English better be good, I'm American (!). From Chicago. It's my German that is good, German is my second language, I'm bilingual and I live in Germany (and I cannot remember what stamp is in French either .....). And Germans aren't paying enough attention to this trial, even though they have their fair share of domestic violence. ---- I'm so glad I found this place. I'm tired of Germans loftily saying he'll never go to prison, when they don't have the facts straight. and on a *tangerine*: I was thinking of prison today (while doing some gardening) and I thought of the Profumo affair. Remember that one? Of course Profumo didn't kill anybody, he *just* had the affair with Christine Keeler, a prostitute - but it was a big deal and he had to resign as Foreign Minister (I think) because there were political implications, and it was a fall from a great height. And he atoned for what he did. Soup kitchens. That is where he worked for years, in the poorest sections of London. And then he re-organized the organization.

So he profited from his fall from grace. There's that, too (and that was my tangerine for the day). Thnx****:):):):)

Oops. Sorry. Thought you said you were German! Well, your posts are great, anyway :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The flurry of calls were actually just prior to the second set of bangs, it seems from the timings. Certainly the Burger/Johnson one was, and Dr Stipp had already embarked on his phone calls before the second set.

Burger/Johnson and the Stipp's were concerned about the screaming - enough of a reason to call security.

Other neighbours, who hadn't heard screaming, called after 3.15 because of second set of bangs.

The only people who even heard the first bangs were the Stipp's.

Everyone heard the second set. Even people who'd been asleep previously.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    col281 wrote: »
    Yes, it did seem that OP put that macho slant on things when he brought the subject up but I wouldn't be surprised if Clever Barry was behind wanting OP to introduce it just in case they decide to go the brain damage route.
    Somebody else mentioned about how had OP reacted to situations before and after the accident and it does seem like a pretty long string of anti-social knee jerks since that time. I'm just not sure yet what sort of history he had before the accident.

Having said that, if the stuff that's come out about him lying about the boat incident itself is to be believed, he was acting like an asshole then (ie before any bumps on the head).

I read earlier that a guy in the UK stabbed his wife having previously been a model husband and this was blamed on DES.

I'm just starting to get a feeling that we might be hearing a lot more about it next week.

Yes, they might. They need to really pull something out of the bag.

But unless they actually have brain scans showing damage, then I don't think it will be possible for them to support it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope you're talking about this bit, THIS IS HUGE !!!

Just listened to this several times and no doubt OP said "I wanted to ask Reeva why she's phoning the police".

Several people have commented on this on You Tube as well.

Slip of the tongue?

This was 14 April so plenty of chance for Nel to bring it up. I wonder why not.:confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monday 14 session 3

WOW

that's it.

Yes that was the part I linked earlier. Amazing slip by OP Eh?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, we need a sound expert to slow the video clip down so they can have a proper listen.

Dixon............. DIXON?

:D

I wouldn't trust Dixon with my cat..not that I have one :D
  • Options
    WilkcoWilkco Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But unless they actually have brain scans showing damage, then I don't think it will be possible for them to support it.
    If he got off because it is shown that he has brain damage what would happen to him? Surely he would not be allowed to go about his normal life.
  • Options
    Forum Member

You're right. And that would have to be further backed up by shrinks although I would guess the Pistorians have a few of those to turn to.

But say it was "proved" he had DES? How would that stand in the court's eyes if it is equally proved to the court's satisfaction that he had lied in an effort to be cleared of the charges prior to them playing the brain damage card?

Surely something like this would have to be brought to the court's attention at plea stage? It isn't like it happened just before the shooting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well here's an alternative round up of the trial, this guy is pretty craaaaazy, full-on, looks like he's recorded this from his front room, but he's pretty barmey........only in America !!!

Really worth a listen !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZeH9iCw8p8

Blimey that guy is funny. Good find Sandy.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,105
    Forum Member
    col281 wrote: »
    Just listened to this several times and no doubt OP said "I wanted to ask Reeva why she's phoning the police".

Several people have commented on this on You Tube as well.

Slip of the tongue?

This was 14 April so plenty of chance for Nel to bring it up. I wonder why not.:confused::confused::confused:

The court transcript could be different?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that was the part I linked earlier. Amazing slip by OP Eh?

you see that was the point I'd previously flagged up when the camera panned to OP's brother and if you watch him, he runs his finger across his mouth,
    as if to say SSSSHHut up to OP , and it looks like he could have disguised this by giving impression he was putting on lip balm,.......but in Court ? really ??

I really do think the brother was trying to get a message across to OP , (OP was probably too out of it to notice , but even so) it could have been a cue to OP to either :

1) mention 'screaming' (to tie in with witness testimonies from Prosecution that they'd heard screaming , not Reeva)
    OR
    2) for OP to shut up , and rein it in , as brother noticed OP was incriminating himself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you see that was the point I'd previously point out ages ago that if you watch OP's brother it was at that point in OP's testimony that he rubbed his finger across his mouth, as if to say SSSSHHut up !!!! to OP , and he was putting on lip balm, in Court ? , I really do think the brother was trying to get a message across about either cue to OP to mention 'screaming' (to tie in with witness testimonies from Prosecution that they'd heard screaming , not Reeva) OR to shut up , he was incriminating himself.

Sandy as I watched it today, at that moment it showed Carl I thought, the exact same thing. I remember you pointing it out a while ago tbh.
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Burger/Johnson and the Stipp's were concerned about the screaming - enough of a reason to call security.

Other neighbours, who hadn't heard screaming, called after 3.15 because of second set of bangs.

The only people who even heard the first bangs were the Stipp's.

Everyone heard the second set. Even people who'd been asleep previously.

Therefore if gunshots are louder than bat sounds ( I dreamed about bats last night- creepy scary ones) and not everyone heard the first set of noises but everyone did hear the second set, it's much more likely that cricket bat first, gunshots second.
This discussion has been closed.