Options

Warehouse 13 - Fifth and Final Season - US Pace

Comments

• Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, and... where the hell was Claudia's brother Joshua in those past scenes?!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »

Maybe he wasn't born? I can't remember whether he was older or younger than Claudia
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's older.

It's quite strange that there was *zero* mention of him at all. Not from Claudia in the present, when talking about that day, and not during the memories.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's older.

It's quite strange that there was *zero* mention of him at all. Not from Claudia in the present, when talking about that day, and not during the memories.

Sounds to me it was just an example of a major cotinunity error.
  • Options
    LondonKiwiLondonKiwi Posts: 2,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Glad it wasn't just me who was wondering that. I kept thinking "doesn't she have a brother". Wasn't that how she was introduced into the show in the first place?:confused:"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup.

OK, so the final season is "a bit rushed", but you'd think the writers would have remembered she had a brother...
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup.

OK, so the final season is "a bit rushed", but you'd think the writers would have remembered she had a brother...

He does get mentioned by Claudia in Ep3.

So did they intend the character Erin Way played to be the same one she played in Alpha's?

Seems odd to give her the same(ish) name (Kat and Katarina) if not but there were no other similarities.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, they remembered Joshua this week. Still seems odd that he wasn't around in the memory scenes, though.

I very much doubt that either of the two cast members from Alphas were playing the same characters in this episode. Like you said, there were no similarities other than a slightly similar name for her. eg Kat had no memory of her past in Alphas, and also died at the end, while the guy played by the Gary actor didn't seem to be autistic or anything else like Gary.

A pity... I would have liked a proper crossover between the two. Maybe it would have happened if Alphas hadn't been cancelled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never even realised that was "Gary" :blush:

Yep, they remembered Joshua this week. Still seems odd that he wasn't around in the memory scenes, though.

Yeah and even though Claudia mentioned him Claire never did, then again she only mentioned her parents after being with Claudia for hours.

I can't recall how old Joshua was meant to be, Claire is 8 years older than Claudia, was he older than that or was he the middle child?

If he was a couple of years older than Claire he could well have been away in college at the time of their parents death.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the second episode. WTF is going on with Pete's hair? It looks ridiculous! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    Just seen the second episode. WTF is going on with Pete's hair? It looks ridiculous! :o

Without sounding harsh, but has anyone notice how much weight he has put on as well between when they finished season 4 and when they began season 5. Bit of a belly on him. Especially if you compare how he looked in the Pilot where his first scenes were him with no top on.
  • Options
    BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I had to check it was the same actor :)
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without sounding harsh, but has anyone notice how much weight he has put on as well between when they finished season 4 and when they began season 5. Bit of a belly on him. Especially if you compare how he looked in the Pilot where his first scenes were him with no top on.
    Batch wrote: »
    I had to check it was the same actor :)

Yeah, he's changed alright! I don't know any details about his role (or want to) but he will be in the season finalé of Castle this year. I'm a big fan of Castle so I await to see if he looks the same in that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, he's changed alright! I don't know any details about his role (or want to) but he will be in the season finalé of Castle this year. I'm a big fan of Castle so I await to see if he looks the same in that!

He may look different. Season 5 of Warehouse was filmed between June and August of last year, so his hair and weight could easily be different to how he looks now in Castle which was likely filmed very recently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bueno, eso último episodio fue realmente muy divertido. Mucho más de lo que pensé que sería.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'd better not :(

It's *always* seemed like a very close brother/sister thing to me, never remotely romantic.

No "will they, won't they" like Mulder and Scully, as you said, and never any kind of romantic chemistry like Castle and Beckett or other leads that did become couples.

Arse :(
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God, what a poor episode, it smacks of writers giving up.

And is Pete suffering from some form of early onset dementia?. Because he used to be a bit of a kid, but now he is acting like a 5 yr old who is suffering from a REALLY bad hair day!.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arse :(

what?
    Tourista wrote: »
    God, what a poor episode, it smacks of writers giving up.

And is Pete suffering from some form of early onset dementia?. Because he used to be a bit of a kid, but now he is acting like a 5 yr old who is suffering from a REALLY bad hair day!.

I liked the recent episode. It was silly but not silly to the point where i wanted to turn my television off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what?

... because it seems they are going to shoe-horn Pete and Myka together.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some nice product placement with the Prius rubbish.

'Wow your car can find things'. rolleyes.

It would have been a filler episode in a normal series but is even worse in a 6 episode series.

Why are they wasting episodes on 'Case of the week' type episodes when they could have had a 6 episode arc to finalise things?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup. The advert was very annoying. They did that a lot in previous seasons, too. I don't mind product placement if a character is using something but it's not drawn attention to other than the logo being visible, but I hate the way they do it on this (and certain other shows) by having actual scenes that are effectively adverts.

Also agree it was a waste of an ep, given the short final season :(
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup. The advert was very annoying. They did that a lot in previous seasons, too. I don't mind product placement if a character is using something but it's not drawn attention to other than the logo being visible, but I hate the way they do it on this (and certain other shows) by having actual scenes that are effectively adverts.

Also agree it was a waste of an ep, given the short final season :(

Yes I don't mind PP either when the product is actually being used or in the back ground as a prop.

But to write a whole scene just to shoe horn in the product is really bad.

The worse case for me was when Being Erica had a whole seen about how Tetley's Tea helps one of the characters relax.

Bones is another one that has the Prius PPs. The amount of times I've seen the GPS or radio system shown just for PP is so annoying.

Oh Chuck and Community with Subway. I won't buy off them ever again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another one is White Collar, which IIRC has had similar scenes to W13 where the two main characters take the time to discuss the wonderful sat nav or entertainment system of the car they are driving (cut to zoomed in car logo).

Grimm and Hawaii Five-0 have a lot of product placement for Apple and Microsoft, respectively, but generally just use the devices as props and don't show-horn ad dialogue into scenes (apart from Five-0 once trying the cringeworthy "why don't you Bing it").
  • Options
    LeMarchandLeMarchand Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    :o too many negatives in that sentence has frazzled my brain. :o ................. :p

Soz!

To cut a long story short, we'd normally have better stuff to watch and W13 would be caught up with at a much later date!

Anyway, as we're keeping up to date: is Pete wearing a wig? What's with his ex-gf's accent? I can't remember it being so thick before!

More seriously, why did they make Steve's alter-ego a screaming queen? I always felt that he was one of the most positive gay characters on TV because he wasn't a walking cliché.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LeMarchand wrote: »
    Soz!

To cut a long story short, we'd normally have better stuff to watch and W13 would be caught up with at a much later date!

Anyway, as we're keeping up to date: is Pete wearing a wig? What's with his ex-gf's accent? I can't remember it being so thick before!

More seriously, why did they make Steve's alter-ego a screaming queen? I always felt that he was one of the most positive gay characters on TV because he wasn't a walking cliché.

I agree with you on steve but i think it was a bit of fun and not to be taken seriously. Plus alter-ego's are always the exact opposite of who we are as a person anyway.

Oh btw y'all, we have 2 episodes left until warehouse 13 shuts it's doors.
    Jaime Murray is back for the finale