Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 28)

Comments

• Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    It is a warm Saturday afternoon, and I am fed up about who talks to who, whether they are 'of colour', whether English is their native language etc.

On to a far more important topic - Shortswatch They may come out tomorrow :p;-):kitty:
    Hope you've fixed that hole! :p
  • Options
    TragicDoggieTragicDoggie Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe 15 years ago when he did a late night show which could be entertaining, but drive time was dull.

Maybe 15 years ago when he (James Whale) did a late night show which could be entertaining, but drive time was dull.

And the reply options are. Do you.......

1) Strongly Disagree
    2) Disagree
    3) Strongly Agree
    4) Agree
    5) Don't Know

I Strongly Disagree as IMO Iain Dale is doing a better job than JW did.
  • Options
    Inge JonesInge Jones Posts: 11,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't keen on James Whale on drivetime. I think I remember enjoying him once, but either he had changed, I had changed, or the show was just different, but he was coming across as the cluckiest biddy of the clucky biddies on the "kids of today" type moaning.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe 15 years ago when he did a late night show which could be entertaining, but drive time was dull.

That time of the day James Whale probably had to hold back.
    I remember listening to Alan Beswick at night, different to his morning shows.
    I like James Whale on Essex Breakfast but would rather he do night time . I find Barkes usually to be dull and boorish. Late night apart from Nick Abbot needs a shake up.
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Woohoo! I can return to the fold tomorrow morning. Petrie in for Kay Burley. I wonder if Steve will give her a present! :D

Oh I dunno about that G-S just a word of warning. Petrie raked up a primeval desire to discuss benefit cheats (AGAIN) this afternoon saying of her anger. This topic has gone around the block so many times it has lost believability.
    Perhaps if Steve offers her a nice femmy pressie tomorrow she could lighten up? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    James Whale without Ash was like fish without chips.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Whale without Ash was like fish without chips.

They had some good banter going on, is Ash still at Talksport ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe 15 years ago when he (James Whale) did a late night show which could be entertaining, but drive time was dull.

And the reply options are. Do you.......

1) Strongly Disagree
    2) Disagree
    3) Strongly Agree
    4) Agree
    5) Don't Know

I Strongly Disagree as IMO Iain Dale is doing a better job than JW did.

Thank you for your reply options, it gets down to brass tacks. I'll tick box no: 4. I haven't gone for numero 5, because James Whale is earthy, a good quality. However in later years and on drive time his outlook became too draconian and inflexible. Simply outdated imo.

PS. Am I losing the plot here, not unknown :blush::D. Don't you mean "I strongly Agree (not Disagree) as IMO Iain Dale is doing a better job......" ? :confused:
  • Options
    Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ash produces the Jason Cundy and odious Andy Goldstein show on TalkSPORT these days.
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a warm Saturday afternoon, and I am fed up about who talks to who, whether they are 'of colour', whether English is their native language etc.

On to a far more important topic - Shortswatch They may come out tomorrow :p;-):kitty:

Why aren't they out today? Tonmorrow there could be a thunderstorm or even snow!!

Some of us really know how to live. I was at the cemetery today . . . . without a jacket!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know, haven't listened since it went all sport.

I think the brilliant Mike Graham is still there though, he would be fantastic at LBC.
  • Options
    Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, haven't listened since it went all sport.

I think the brilliant Mike Graham is still there though, he would be fantastic at LBC.

Mike Graham is up there with the very best presenters. I always enjoyed his 'Independent Republic of Mike Graham' shows, same he has to cover sport so much now bug he is still excellent. Would be great on LBC.
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    WATCH: Spin Doctor Halts Farage v O'Brien Interview:

http://www.lbc.co.uk/watch-nigel-farage-v-james-obrien-live-from-1130-90532
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^^^ If Mike Graham would fit the 10.00 am slot then fine.

Having seen the video of O'Brien interviewing Farage it takes on a new perspective. James's facial expressions are explicit depicting his aggressive bullying tactics - better left for the school playground methinks. A shambolic approach by a presenter who is supposed to be more developed , depending on if a degree in philosophy counts for anything?
    Oh, give me Jeremy Paxton any day vs. Farage.
  • Options
    Inge JonesInge Jones Posts: 11,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha, Ian Collins must have been referring to JOB when he said "people who self-flagellate all the time over the privileged private education they had"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »

Having seen the video of O'Brien interviewing Farage it takes on a new perspective. James's facial expressions are explicit depicting his aggressive bullying tactics - better left for the school playground methinks. A shambolic approach by a presenter who is supposed to be more developed , depending on if a degree in philosophy counts for anything?
    Oh, give me Jeremy Paxton any day vs. Farage.

Strange how two people can watch the same video and both come away with an entirely different impression. I say an excellent interview from James. :)
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why wait until tomorrow ??? Your female fans are already fantasising :D:blush:
    Why aren't they out today? Tonmorrow there could be a thunderstorm or even snow!!

Some of us really know how to live. I was at the cemetery today . . . . without a jacket!!

Couldn't be bothered to change, besides it wasn't very sunny today.
    I hope you were visiting and not reserving a plot, VQ? ;-)
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    Strange how two people can watch the same video and both come away with an entirely different impression. I say an excellent interview from James. :)

Wake up Chin! See my post 6105 from last night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is amazing how people can all hear the same broadcast (JOB / Farrage) but yet disagree who was the better of the two!

Great minds think alike and fools seldom differ. :D:p

What did you think of O'Brien?
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't be bothered to change, besides it wasn't very sunny today.
    I hope you were visiting and not reserving a plot, VQ? ;-)

I was visiting but wondered whether it was worth coming home.
    I have a dilemma. I don't want to be burned and I don't want to be buried.
    Unless there's an acceptable alternative, I'm not going! :D
  • Options
    North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inge Jones wrote: »
    Haha, Ian Collins must have been referring to JOB when he said "people who self-flagellate all the time over the privileged private education they had"

If so, well said Ian.
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    chinchin wrote: »
    Wake up Chin! See my post 6105 from last night.

Once again I think I'm right. (# 5937).
  • Options
    Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike Graham used to host the mid-morning show on Talk 107 and made an excellent job of it despite being a relative novice at the presenting game back then.

He certainly would make a good addition to LBC and if he were to displace Brian to a weekend slot that might turn out for the best as well.

Especially if that meant that Larry Lamb got pushed off the schedule completely.
    How are fings in your neck of the woods by the way, fellow forum members?
  • Options
    LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    I hope fellow Arsenal supporter Steve Allen enjoyed the game as much as I did. :)
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member

Quite so. I have complained to Ofcom about this.

I do not believe the victimisation of an interviewee in a way such as this was fit for broadcasting. What is more, having heard the station play sound bites of the interview on susequent phones ins and glorifying the whole bullying process I am forced to take a very dim view of the situation.

It would help if as many people as possible on here with similar views would do the same.

I have a template of my complaint in writing that I am happy to share, please feel free to PM for any help.
This discussion has been closed.