Options

Malaysian Airline 777 missing 239 feared dead

Comments

• Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,538
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Likewise......thanks for that d@ve. Horizon are usually pretty good 'docs'.

They may even find it! :D

Nooo!!!!! WE will find it first!!! :D

I am looking forward to the " the inside story of the search for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370. With access to the key players". Should be good.
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Errr....we won't. It's lost. Maybe August will bear fruit.

I haven't contribruted for ages....but I still follow the thread every day.
  • Options
    SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10901856/Flight-MH370-What-are-they-hiding.html

Flight MH370: What are they hiding?
    Former pilot Chris Goodfellow maintains his view that the loss of MH370 was due to an accident but says matters should be turned over to Britain’s Air Accidents Investigation Branch to find out what really happened

Some of the comments at the end are quite interesting too.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder what happened to the poster who grandly announced early on into the search (many many pages back!), "important news coming tomorrow.....can't disclose my source but it's reliable". :confused:

Not only did he not disclose his 'source', he never came back again. :confused:

Of course nothing happened, except he quickly disappeared off the radar never to be heard from again! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MH370 has been missing for 100 days today, that seems to have gone so quickly.

Whistleblower Fund update - currently at $41,992 with only 22 days left to run. I really don't think they are going to hit their target.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wonder what happened to the poster who grandly announced early on into the search (many many pages back!), "important news coming tomorrow.....can't disclose my source but it's reliable". :confused:

Not only did he not disclose his 'source', he never came back again. :confused:

Of course nothing happened, except he quickly disappeared off the radar never to be heard from again! :D

Was his name Denizen? The guy who had 'concrete' evidence?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Found it! His name was Denizen of SW3 and he posted on 02/04/14.

Hence why big news is coming tomorrow. It's not in the public domain yet.
    I'm afraid I can't tell you how I know... I just know.
    Disbelieve and mock if you like, but I shall be proven correct.

He wasn't proven correct at all (he must work at the Daily Fail).
  • Options
    njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soomacdoo wrote: »

The posts he made that day were the last he ever made. He hasn't even logged in since. If that isn't evidence of a conspiracy to hide the truth, I don't know what is.
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    njp wrote: »
    The posts he made that day were the last he ever made. He hasn't even logged in since. If that isn't evidence of a conspiracy to hide the truth, I don't know what is.

Exactly. And someone said he disappeared off the radar,do you see the connection? He was obviously taken by the dame force that took the 777.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

LOL yes thats the one! What a t*sser!!:D

"Big news".......LMFAO! :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    Exactly. And someone said he disappeared off the radar,do you see the connection? He was obviously taken by the dame force that took the 777.
    Wow yes....that was me a few posts ago! So i was right? He has become 'one of the disappeared'!! :o

Alien abduction? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    finbaar wrote: »

Oh yeah, I can see that now. Do you think he was taken to Diablo Garcia? (note to self - must buy some more tin foil tomorrow as soon as the shops open).
  • Options
    HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2659848/Most-likely-crash-site-missing-Malaysia-Airlines-flight-MH370-stretch-Indian-Ocean-searched.html

So they took less notice of Inmarsat than the damn pings. They are going to be found sitting on Christmas Island at this rate.
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    Heartache wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2659848/Most-likely-crash-site-missing-Malaysia-Airlines-flight-MH370-stretch-Indian-Ocean-searched.html

So they took less notice of Inmarsat than the damn pings. They are going to be found sitting on Christmas Island at this rate.

Can you imagine the reaction if they'd ignored the pings and gone to some other location? :o

It'll be interesting to hear the full interview tonight on Horizon as the report is somewhat confusing. My understanding is that they were listening for pings in that particular location because it was the area of highest probability based on the INMARSAT data. :confused:
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you imagine the reaction if they'd ignored the pings and gone to some other location? :o

It'll be interesting to hear the full interview tonight on Horizon as the report is somewhat confusing. My understanding is that they were listening for pings in that particular location because it was the area of highest probability based on the INMARSAT data. :confused:

They had not reached the area when they heard pings. So the INMARSAT area has not been searched
  • Options
    Forum Member

Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    They had not reached the area when they heard pings. So the INMARSAT area has not been searched

I haven't read the Daily Mail report but what you (Ethel_Fred) have said is partially correct, BBC News are now broadcasting short clips from tonight's Horizon programme. The pings had to be investigated of course - but they were a red herring and have in effect prevented any searching of Inmarsat's estimated location of highest probability, which lies some distance to the South West of where Ocean Shield and Bluefin 21 were searching. But it was a possible location, just not the most likely location based on Inmarsat.

That seems to be why the Australian search team are confident that MH-370 will eventually be located.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »

Why were they listening for pings in that particular area?

As I understand it, they chose that area based only on the INMARSAT data. After all, they had nothing else to go on! As such, the INMARSAT data specified a broad area in which the plane must have come down, but the area of highest probability could only be estimated as there were a number of unknowns; such as speed, altitude (and therefore fuel consumption) and glide distance. If the pings were located in the broad area defined by INMARSAT, that area had to be searched. The only valid reason for not searching it would have been if further calculations ruled that location out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CtC I agree, the pings trumped the Inmarsat 'highest probability' estimate at the time as they were on the 7th arc and locating the black boxes by their pings would have been really important, but now, having eliminated them, it's back to plan A.

Having now read the Mail article, I am surprised at how well-balanced it is - except for the final paragraph which mentions the latest "we know what happened" book. <rolleyes>
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After watching the Horizon programme it appears one of the routes that came up from Inmarsats investigations is a near perfect match for a plane being flown on autopilot. That's the one which they reckon is their best probability route and the one which hasn't been searched.

The dodgy pings distracted them from it as they lay in another area which still could have been a possible route.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is where they need to be searching. That's where MH370 is.

Horizon was a good documentary but didn't tell us anything new really. One thing for sure. I doubt an aircraft will be able to 'disappear' in future. Considering all the advancements over the years in electronics and Space technology, the aviation industry has been slow to keep pace and there are no excuses left now.

Radar 'blind spots' should long have become a thing of the past with available Space technology. Radar itself is eighty year old.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member

He must have the same source as Keio Line.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lea_uk wrote: »
    He must have the same source as Keio Line.

Am I being a bit thick? I don't get it, what has a Japanese railway line got to do with it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is where they need to be searching. That's where MH370 is.

Horizon was a good documentary but didn't tell us anything new really. One thing for sure. I doubt an aircraft will be able to 'disappear' in future. Considering all the advancements over the years in electronics and Space technology, the aviation industry has been slow to keep pace and there are no excuses left now.

Radar 'blind spots' should long have become a thing of the past with available Space technology. Radar itself is eighty year old.

BiB. I agree. It was a really good summary without the sensational nonsense usually associated with the media.

Interesting that INMARSAT's hotspot seems to be based on the plane maintaining pretty much an optimum speed and altitude. I can't think of a single, logical reason why someone would choose to set the autopilot to head off into the Southern Indian Ocean, and if someone other than the pilot or copilot desperately twiddled a few knobs in the hope it would do something, who knows what speed or altitude they might have set.
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MH370 has been missing for 100 days today, that seems to have gone so quickly.

Whistleblower Fund update - currently at $41,992 with only 22 days left to run. I really don't think they are going to hit their target.

100 days and still no plane this just doesnt add up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Because the plane has been hidden and all the passengers have been brainwashed. ;-):cool:

edit; well Princess hasn't been in for a while asking why it's not been found. :D

You had to go and tempt fate, didn't you! :o

Mind you, it was only going to be a matter of time! :D
This discussion has been closed.