Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Damned Time Travel shows. Makes me head hurt. :cry:
  • Options
    petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    It seems we've got a whole bunch of people appearing from a whole bunch of futures now. I can't think what sense there would be for John Doe's character to kill Keira though (I believe that was what was being implemented) - though it further begs the question of why that Asian dude was involved.
    The writers appear to have decided that the show needs a bit of unnecessary jeopardy. Though they must realise that nobody in the audience would take seriously the prospect of the "star" of the show getting killed off.

As for the rest sadly I have to agree. The whole time-travel thing seems to be in danger of unravelling. Maybe the writers do have a vision of the whole story. If so, they aren't doing a very good job of explaining it to the audience. Or have they just made an arbitrary decision with this series to toss all these time travelers into the mix and see what comes out?

Personally I'd like them to do a complete reset and get the show back to it's basic story: which was at least understandable. Have the Liberate freedom fighters (as it does seem that they are on the side of the average citizen) trying to prevent a corporate takeover. And dump all the side issues and distractions that seem to be getting in the way of that.
    A simple tale, well told. That's all it needs to be,
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a mindblowing end to the episode, it makes you wonder how they are going to fix everything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    What a mindblowing end to the episode, it makes you wonder how they are going to fix everything.
    Indeed. It would appear that no future is truly set in stone, and that the smallest of changes back here can alter said future.

Still don't know what I'm suppose to be thinking with regard to the true future though; is there one? The Freelancers seemed to believe that there is a correct future (as demonstrated by that tree of theirs), yet is that conclusive? What difference does another branch truly make?

Furthermore, if the futures are changing, then Kiera's family is far from alive at this point, they likely don't exist anymore, or, if they do, they're all in very different circumstances. Is it possible that Kiera exists in the current future? Argh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    Maybe the writers do have a vision of the whole story. If so, they aren't doing a very good job of explaining it to the audience.

S03E11 - At last, we're starting to get somewhere. All the messing about over the past 3 years is starting to come together. It's been a long, meandering, sometimes completely lost, journey but it would appear that a kick has been delivered up the required orifice and a story has popped out.
    We now know: it's all because of the Roadrunner. :cool:
    Still don't know what I'm suppose to be thinking with regard to the true future though; is there one? The Freelancers seemed to believe that there is a correct future (as demonstrated by that tree of theirs), yet is that conclusive? What difference does another branch truly make?!
    It would seem that everyone who appears in the history-line changes the (or rather: a) future. What's worse is that they change it in unpredictable ways which just cause another path of future-history to become "the" future that the existing characters (all of them) are forced down.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I need to give it a re-watch cos through-out the ep I was in a permanent state of "wait.... .what?!" ness. :confused:
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    My brain hurts.

No idea where the show is going from here, but I do believe the writers know. I've often said this will be a show that will make a hell of a lot more sense once it's over.
  • Options
    jedi mattjedi matt Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any ideas when it will be shown in the UK as it seems to have been a while since season 2 finished and i'm getting impatiant about it
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In making all their actions redundant, i'm left wondering where the shows goes form here?

I can't remember if Liber8 were on a one way mission, without the intention of returning to their time or even if they had the means to check their progress, but I don't like the idea of all these future players settling into 'modern life'. They'll now just try to either profiteer or try to overt certain known outcomes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Weirdly, episode #12 felt somewhat like a season finale, and (if it wasn't for next weeks episode) would have done this season justice in the sense that it killed off multiple characters and opened up new questions. it also left us, somewhat, with some happy (and unhappy) endings.

One of the better episodes this season though I felt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weirdly, episode #12 felt somewhat like a season finale, and (if it wasn't for next weeks episode) would have done this season justice in the sense that it killed off multiple characters and opened up new questions. it also left us, somewhat, with some happy (and unhappy) endings.

They did a similar thing with series #2. The penultimate episode was a "slate cleaning" exercise too - just like this was. In that series they basically closed the whole Escher story line and now they appear to have done the same with the dodgy cop, the time police and Sonia, too.
    It does make me wonder even more, if the writers actually have a goal in mind, or if they are going to continue setting up a new theme for series #4 only to knock it all down again as it concludes, too.

It doesn't make me want to get invested in the story or whatever new characters they introduce (even though they seem to be running out of the original cast) if they keep running a dozen or so episodes and then hitting reset. Most irritating :( .
    And on that topic, I fully expect that Kiera's new "love interest" :o will only last so long until the writers feel the need for a bit of cynical and shallow manipulation of the audiences' emotions: such as when the ratings dip, the story starts to flag, again or they need a "reset" for series #4.
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    That was definitely one of the better eps and if the show had been cancelled I would have been almost happy with it.

I love how they are mirroring real life with the halo and the LG Lifeband.
    Halo
    http://postimg.org/image/cb8hvu3b3/

LG Lifeband
    http://cdn.medgadget.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/LG.jpg

LG Smart Bracelet
    http://blogthinkbig.com/wp-content/uploads/LG-Smart-Activity-Tracker620.jpg
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I presume we'll find out in the finale who the Traveller is, I'm guessing it's someone we have already met.

We finally found out (sort of) how Chen was brought back to life, that question has been bugging me since he came back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    We finally found out (sort of) how Chen was brought back to life, that question has been bugging me since he came back.
    Up until we actually found out, I just figured he was another Chen from another future. We had two Kiera's, we've got two Alecs, why not two Chens?
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Up until we actually found out, I just figured he was another Chen from another future. We had two Kiera's, we've got two Alecs, why not two Chens?

Didn't the Traveler merge the dead Chen with a live Chen from an alternative timeline?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The end to Season 3 was quite a good one I thought, everyone coming together. Kellog is a devious one mind, and that ending was somewhat unexpected. Who are they?
    Didn't the Traveler merge the dead Chen with a live Chen from an alternative timeline?
    No? I thought the traveler merely restored dead Chen via means of technology.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a great finale, I wonder who those people were at the end.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a great finale, I wonder who those people were at the end.

They looked like they were out of Halo. :)

Gonna have to come out of those suits as that will up the FX budget.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Groan,
    another bloody reset and a new set of "baddies".
    Just when the story was starting to get back on track, too. >:(
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After a few eps filled with wait...what?! moments the ending set up the next season quite nicely.

btw: if I ever have to deal with x2 of the same person due to a time travel escapade I'm definately gonna mark one of them with a biro (or just cut them some place) so I don't need to go thru any "so which one are you again" moments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did the Traveller say just before the new Time Guys showed up?

Not sure if it's my ears or the actual episode sound but I'm been Having trouble with quite a bit of dialogue over the last few episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it's my ears or the actual episode sound but I'm been Having trouble with quite a bit of dialogue over the last few episodes.
    Yes, the beginning of this (#13) episode was particularly indistinct. Not helped by the "background" music that seemed to have the same pitch and volume as the (mumbling) speakers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What did the Traveller say just before the new Time Guys showed up?
    I believe he said something along the lines of "it's time" or "it's starting" - or something to that effect.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No? I thought the traveler merely restored dead Chen via means of technology.

Both, I think.

He used technology to merge dead Chen with a parallel Chen.

("merge" was definitely mentioned in dialogue)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    Yes, the beginning of this (#13) episode was particularly indistinct. Not helped by the "background" music that seemed to have the same pitch and volume as the (mumbling) speakers.

Yeah that was certainly one of the bits I was thinking of.

I believe he said something along the lines of "it's time" or "it's starting" - or something to that effect.

Thanks.

As to Chen I thought they said he had merged with the Traveller which is why he knew the Traveller was a prisoner who wanted to escape.