Options

The Pub (Part 46)

Comments

• Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 202,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear that Gemo, it's though to see your pet out of sorts, hope he recovers x

Hey Sleepy! have you been soaking the sun up? :p

Hiya Jack lad, sure have........... was that you that started that fire last night Jack, your side of the bridge ? :o:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hiya Jack lad, sure have........... was that you that started that fire last night Jack, your side of the bridge ? :o:p

Me too, I am starting to achieve my dream of looking like a sexier blond version of a Ken doll :blush:

It sure was, it was me who set the scrappy ablaze! I can't believe how massive the smoke was, people from Cambuslang were seeing it. The fire was right down the road from me (literally) so the smoke just engulfed the sky, I thought Armageddon was approaching :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too, I am starting to achieve my dream of looking like a sexier blond version of a Ken doll :blush:

It sure was, it was me who set the scrappy ablaze! I can't believe how massive the smoke was, people from Cambuslang were seeing it. The fire was right down the road from me (literally) so the smoke just engulfed the sky, I thought Armageddon was approaching :o

I only heard about it today when reading the papers

When do you start the new job mate ?

* Get Jale out* :p
  • Options
    hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but will Jale go:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hooter wrote: »
    but will Jale go:(

no idea hoots, but we live in hope

Evening Hoots * Clunk*
  • Options
    hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evening flower..

Let me know tomorrow cors I`m about to scuttle orf to kippage:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hooter wrote: »
    evening flower..

Let me know tomorrow cors I`m about to scuttle orf to kippage:D

Will do hoots............ Night night !! :)
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening Gemo, & all :)

Good news Gemo ! :)

He did try and sit in his usual place at the back of me on the sofa and he fell and landed on my head.

I’ve got everything crossed he returns to his silly old self and is back to head butting my laptop.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only heard about it today when reading the papers

When do you start the new job mate ?

* Get Jale out* :p

I started last week Sleeps, it's cushy. It's like breakfast waiting without actually carrying any food to tables. I just serve coffee and tea lol

I can't wait to have £150 in my bank account in two weeks. It's alien to me at this stage :p

I'm completely done with Big Brother, this series is full of vile scumbags. And to be honest the original concept of BB is gone. :cry:

(What did Jale do to get hate this week btw?)
  • Options
    twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear Jasper is improving, Gemo! Wee Bragg, my son's dog, is poorly....fevers and runny bottom :( Vet has prescribed three lots of meds, and boiled chicken for a week. Thank god they have pet insurance :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear Jasper is improving, Gemo! Wee Bragg, my son's dog, is poorly....fevers and runny bottom :( Vet has prescribed three lots of meds, and boiled chicken for a week. Thank god they have pet insurance :eek:

We don’t have Pet Insurance. Usually the only costs they have are their jabs and the vet gives them a check up while they are having those.

I hope Bragg mends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    We don’t have Pet Insurance. Usually the only costs they have are their jabs and the vet gives them a check up while they are having those.

I hope Bragg mends.

Vet says he has an inflamed bowel, but that it is common in dogs and it should settle in a week :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vet says he has an inflamed bowel, but that it is common in dogs and it should settle in a week :)

Fingers crossed.

Not sure what Jasper has but, apart from the falling down, the only wrong thing the vet could find with him was a slight flinching when she checked out his back legs. The painkiller medicine is also an anti-inflamitory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed.

Not sure what Jasper has but, apart from the falling down, the only wrong thing the vet could find with him was a slight flinching when she checked out his back legs. The painkiller medicine is also an anti-inflamitory.

Such a worry when animals are sick! Here's hoping they both are well again soon :)
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evening all! :D
    sorry to hear about the poorly pooches:( hope they're both on the mend soon!

just watching 'the stepfather' on youtube, tv drama with lynsey coulson and philip glenister, v good so far! if a little predictable but v good nonetheless
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He was definitely! quite funny though :p

Yeah I don't mean to knock people who are pro independence, it's just I'm surrounded by people who go for a the hard sell and make me feel like a traitor for not wanting it, they sort of ruin it for people who have valid points to make.

He was funny I have to say but OTT too

People have to listen to valid points, too often those points are lost in a wave of people shouting, and I mean that from both stances. That man shouting last night to me spoiled what should be 'good debate'
    Scots rool wrote: »

You're both on the shoogly nail this morning!

It's all the scaremongering from the 'better together' brigade which bugs me. They're all backed by bankers, millionaires, members of the house of lords etc. they aren't interested in the ordinary Scot. They're freaking out in case their cushy over indulgent lifestyle is suddenly about to be disturbed! >:(

>:(>:(

Put me on it tomorrow I need a rest :D

Those high up on either side will have their cushy sides to them Scots, maybe not to the same extent at times but they will be there. For what it is worth this is my thought. I think a Yes vote will enable the Scottish people to know what Independence will be like for them, a No vote will always leave them wondering 'What
    if?' and that thought will never ever leave them, it will always be a thorn in their side.

Now someone bring me a VAT of your best House White :p
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »

People have to listen to valid points, too often those points are lost in a wave of people shouting, and I mean that from both stances. That man shouting last night to me spoiled what should be 'good debate'

Those high up on either side will have their cushy sides to them Scots, maybe not to the same extent at times but they will be there. For what it is worth this is my thought. I think a Yes vote will enable the Scottish people to know what Independence will be like for them, a No vote will always leave them wondering 'What
    if?' and that thought will never ever leave them, it will always be a thorn in their side.

http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol.com/36032/images/blerk_robot.jpg

*c l i n k*
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance of a wee snifter, before the bell rings?? :-D
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *opens pub* Morning all :D
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The negativity argument I agree with, the option I have is stay with England and nothing changes, or go independent and things go downhill even quicker.

Alex Salmond has practically promised nothing and his arrogance is pretty unbelievable. This is the man who promised to abolish council tax and inevitably failed. He still somehow thinks were entitled to the pound in spite of it being the GBP, not the English or Scottish pound he has people think.

Furthermore inequality exists in every country in the world. I don't understand how he plans on changing that, seeing how he told us practically nothing about what happens going forward as an independent nation.

How is everybody btw? I forgot to ask last night? :)
    It isn't about Alex Salmond......it's about giving (finally) Scots a chance to realise their own destiny & actually have a voice. At the moment we don't & never had, that isn't democracy. Scotland is a rich country but Westminster cream off the most of it. I don't want people like that telling me what I should do/how I should live etc. Thatcher did exactly the same thing - treated Scots with complete contempt with her illegal Poll tax trial in Scotland 1st!
    The Tories are, & have always been, only out for themselves & rich people like them!

It's already been disproved all the rubbish Darling spouted about the pound (& most of his lies & scaremongering), we will be perfectly entitled to use it.

If we don't get independence we might as well give up completely........we'll have no NHS, Cameron is dissembling that bit by bit, he plans to put cancer care out to tender, how is that putting people's needs 1st? Bevan must be spinning in his grave. People now have a choice of heating or eating, if Cameron & co has his way the workhouses will be reopening. People are killing themselves because of IDS's unfair sanctions

You can bet your boots Cameron & Farage will form a coalition government next year, that doesn't even bear thinking about.
    chinchin wrote: »
    I hope Scotland does get independence. But spare a thought for us Englishers who will be condemned to a lifetime of Tory rule. *clunk* >:(>:( :cry:

Anyhow have a lovely day peeps. :)
    You would just have to move up here.
    Another incentive not to go independent I say, if only to screw them.

I'm loving this all day hot weather, saves me having to buy St Moriz to keep up appearances :D
    Yeah because that's gonna solve everything! ROLLEYES
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »

You're always going to get zealots or people who are incapable of verbalising what they want to say in a rational manner. Sometimes emotion gets the better of people.

It isn't as simplistic as that............Scots had a chance in the 70's & the then government of the time told so many lies that people believed them. Nowadays there is far more information out there that people can & will question the validity of it all. The better together brigade have been outed so many times with their downright lies (along with the BBC blatantly in cahoots with the government). >:(
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    *opens pub* Morning all :D

Morning Robotic Sr and peeps :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning Robots and real peeps! OMG the thought of a Farage/Camoron government is enough to make me want to go and live in a tent in an otherwise uninhabited island :eek: :(

I do think as Mrs T has said, it is the right of Scots to discover what independence could mean for them, if that is what the majority want. It is never right for another country to take the wealth of another nation under any circumstances, imho. The Tories have ****ed this country over well and truly and will likely continue to do so. If Scotland can escape that, good luck to them I say!

Cuppa builders please!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Cameron is dissembling that bit by bit, he plans to put cancer care out to tender,
    :(

*Link* please?

Morning Sr, & all :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.