Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6.30 LBC Morning News - Lisa Aziz gives YOU the news that LBC wants YOU to hear - sponsored by The Conservative Party
    7 Nick Ferrari - 3 hours of Murdoch apologising and talking to his Tory mates
    10 James O'Brien - hang wringing as usual about his public education
    1 Julia Hartley Brewer - What's your favourite champagne?
    4 Iain Dale - Dull Drivetime radio, including Dale's Diary - an hour with a Tory mate, each day
    8 Clive Bull - What is your favourite Twix?
    10 Duncan Barkes - Shouty night time radio with constant legal IDs
    1 Olly Mann - What was your favourite public school?
    4 Steve Allen - Why bother?

Based on this I think Global will snap you up. :D
  • Options
    lordlozlordloz Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6.30 LBC Morning News - Lisa Aziz gives YOU the news that LBC wants YOU to hear - sponsored by The Conservative Party
    4 Iain Dale - Dull Drivetime radio, including Dale's Diary - an hour with a Tory mate, each day

Not as funny as your 5 live schedule but amusing nonetheless :)
  • Options
    TragicDoggieTragicDoggie Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From Twitter LBC ‏@LBC

"Met Police: 38 year old Jewel Islam charged with providing a false statement in nomination papers. #TowerHamlets #LBCnews"
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    From Twitter LBC ‏@LBC

"Met Police: 38 year old Jewel Islam charged with providing a false statement in nomination papers. #TowerHamlets #LBCnews"

I'm following this whole story with great interest, living in the TH borough!
  • Options
    TragicDoggieTragicDoggie Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm following this whole story with great interest, living in the TH borough!

Me too. Though I am 'Up North' at the moment glued to Mr Dale on LBC.

Waiting for him to mention it.
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. Though I am 'Up North' at the moment glued to Mr Dale on LBC.

Waiting for him to mention it.

He won't be free to say much as it would be sub judice now that charges have been made.
  • Options
    Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIVE commentary only on this thread tomorrow night for Brian presenting Newsnight! This could be the LBC event of the year, be there...
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hilliarious i laughed and spat my coffee out.:D:D:D

It was a long time ago about 2002 i did hear Clive Bull do a whole hour of what is your favourite biscuit .!:o:o

6.30 am and 7am are probably the best and most honest one's.:D

Followed by 10am and sometimes 1pm although she did some good interviews with Bob Crow.

Come back Douglas Cameron at 7pm one professional broadcaster who never gave his politics away along with Bob Holness those were the days.
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

*glares* >:(
  • Options
    FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey_Ho wrote: »
    Why can't Nick Ferrari stay quiet and listen when he's talking to people? It's so rude of him to keep clicking his mouse and shuffling paper while someone speaks.
    Because he doesn't give a sh*t what listeners think. His whole fake sincerity act is so cringingly obvious. Can't stand the Murdoch-worshiping prat.
  • Options
    FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIVE commentary only on this thread tomorrow night for Brian presenting Newsnight! This could be the LBC event of the year, be there...
    The last time I checked Newsnight was a BBC event. Expect he'll come through it with flying colours, but you'll still denigrate him regardless
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrankBT wrote: »
    The last time I checked Newsnight was a BBC event. Expect he'll come through it with flying colours, but you'll still denigrate him regardless

Brian is an LBC presenter though, Frank.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FrankBT wrote: »

We've already been through this.

No-one complains when any of the other LBC presenters are discussed when they appear on telly, on Sky, ITV etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've already been through this.

No-one complains when any of the other LBC presenters are discussed when they appear on telly, on Sky, ITV etc.

Most odd that discussion of Brian's appearance is being stifled...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most odd that discussion of Brian's appearance is being stifled...

I'm going to try to watch him, however if I'm overcome with nausea, I'll rely on you Mike to keep me informed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm going to try to watch him, however if I'm overcome with nausea, I'll rely on you Mike to keep me informed.

Me too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Excitement building for Brian's Big Break.
  • Options
    radioviewerradioviewer Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hilliarious i laughed and spat my coffee out.:D:D:D

It was a long time ago about 2002 i did hear Clive Bull do a whole hour of what is your favourite biscuit .!:o:o

6.30 am and 7am are probably the best and most honest one's.:D

Followed by 10am and sometimes 1pm although she did some good interviews with Bob Crow.

Come back Douglas Cameron at 7pm one professional broadcaster who never gave his politics away along with Bob Holness those were the days.

Cameron was great. How LBC claim to be "Newstalk radio" is beyond me, it's presenter opinion radio, where only the presenters opinion matters and to hell with dissent. Well try giving Dale, Ferrari and Barkes a different opinion to their entrenched Conservative views? It doesn't happen.
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see that on the front page of LBC's website, tney talk of the poppies at London Bridge.
    Disgraceful for a London based station not to know the difference between The Tower of London and London Bridge.
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see that on the front page of LBC's website, tney talk of the poppies at London Bridge.
    Disgraceful for a London based station not to know the difference between The Tower of London and London Bridge.

I can't resist correcting their spelling mistakes on Twitter! :blush:

Thought I was having an extraterrestrial experience tonight until I realised that the strange light in the sky was the WW1 memorial shaft of light from Westminster. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that Stewie has Sinead O'Connor as a guest in "In Conversation". That has to be one of the most bizarre couplings ever. I wonder how pleased she'll be if she finds out that he couldn't even be bothered to find out how to spell her name correctly before he posted it on Twitter.
  • Options
    Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ Yes, I thought I was seeing things when I read that! What can they possibly talk about? Does Sinead even know who he is or what he's like?

Perhaps she really respects his attacks on celebrity culture and Katie Price!
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ Yes, I thought I was seeing things when I read that! What can they possibly talk about? Does Sinead even know who he is or what he's like?

She has a new album out next week, and she did a "hilarious" Q&A with readers of the Guardian. Maybe she is on an 'unusal' publicity trail?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps she really respects his attacks on celebrity culture and Katie Price!

It's the only one of his "In Conversation" that I'd be interested in listening to.
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who on Earth chooses the subjects for discussion?
    "when your pet dies, is it the same as losing one of your family?"
    Dear oh dear, Olly.
This discussion has been closed.