Options

Xbox at Gamescom 2014

Comments

• Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    It'll be interesting to see Square-Enix's notes on this, they wern't happy with the games sales on PS3, 360 and PC and only considered it selling enough when it came out on PS4 and Xbox One (where it sold over twice as much on PS4, ironic).

Microsoft be splashing that cash to get the gamers back, Sony will just be crying, don't worry, we'll see Indie Games, Remasters and Drive Club later on! ;)
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see Square-Enix's notes on this, they wern't happy with the games sales on PS3, 360 and PC and only considered it selling enough when it came out on PS4 and Xbox One (where it sold over twice as much on PS4, ironic).

Microsoft be splashing that cash to get the gamers back, Sony will just be crying, don't worry, we'll see Indie Games, Remasters and Drive Club later on! ;)

In all honesty I have had more fun playing Indie games in the last year than I have playing AAA... Playing Rogue Legacy ATM which is a great game as well as Xenonauts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finishing on Halo? Or a huge final announcement?
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,868
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    Neogaf having a meltdown on Tomb Raider. The thread is a fun read :p

It's a huge Coup for Microsoft, no doubt going head to head with Uncharted: A Thief's End next Christmas. Severely thrown a spanner in the works as to which to buy now for me though as I adored the Tomb Raider Reboot! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finishing on Halo? Or a huge final announcement?

Far too much Halo for my liking... Yawn!
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,401
    Forum Member
    I'm going with a big final announcement.

Halo 1tb console bundle...... I would buy ;-)
    But doesn't seem like they want to do that :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do any of the new bundles come with Kinect or is that dead now?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wow bet pre-ordering and pre-downloading was a huge announcement compared to the halo 1tb edition :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gormond wrote: »
    Do any of the new bundles come with Kinect or is that dead now?
    Don't believe the bundle's they announced came with Kinect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So who's selling their PS4 now? :p
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should of ended with Tomb Raider. A big announcement like that overshadowed the rest of the conference, really.

but a great conference. Sony need to bring their A-Game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    Sony need to bring their A-Game.

They won't, too arrogant now, no way they can top Microsoft's stuff, what do Sony have, oh look, The Order, again, Drive Club, again, Indie Games, again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They won't, too arrogant now, no way they can top Microsoft's stuff, what do Sony have, oh look, The Order, again, Drive Club, again, Indie Games, again.

lol your comments are laughable...

MS didn't show anything new, the only notable announcement was the Tomb Raider exclusive. Ohh and a 1TB console, here is an idea MS, why not make the drive replaceable...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was just reminded of something, Didn't Sony sell there shares in Sqaure Enix not long ago having originally brought those shares to help keep the company alive when Sqaue was in financial trouble?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was just reminded of something, Didn't Sony sell there shares in Sqaure Enix not long ago having originally brought those shares to help keep the company alive when Sqaue was in financial trouble?

Yeah, they bought shares during the PS1 days to net them a few exclusives, sold them a few months back, would be brilliant if they sold to Microsoft and now Square-Enix games are MS Exclusive, imagien the rage storm thundering down if FF15 and KH3 are Xbox One Exclusive.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they bought shares during the PS1 days to net them a few exclusives, sold them a few months back, would be brilliant if they sold to Microsoft and now Square-Enix games are MS Exclusive, imagien the rage storm thundering down if FF15 and KH3 are Xbox One Exclusive.

They're not. Square Enix has already confirmed the other TR game will be multi platform.

As I said before, about a year ago Square Enix was in a lot of financial trouble. It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft kept them afloat by buying RotTR.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TR on xbox1 for me then. My PS4 has already got a 1tb HD. Not overly impressed as I don't like Halo.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the news. ****ing unbelievable.
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing overly impressive, definitely not enough to make me question going from my 360 to a PS4.

The lack of Tomb Raider on PS4 is a tad disappointing, was a big fan of the reboot. Other than that, nothing from this has made me speed up my plans of picking an XBOX ONE up probably late 2015/early 2016.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone got a link to a replay of the conference, I missed the entire thing and I'm hoping to watch it before Sony starts later on

Also where did people stream this and what worked best? it'll save me hunting around with 5 minutes to spare later
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a link to a replay of the conference,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW6SveI_0gA
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The TR announcement is strange. Did it not barely make a profit first time? Is it wise to half the user base? It's not a system seller IMO. I have a XBone anyway so it doesn't matter to me!
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Tomb Raider exclusive to Xbox, I didn't see that coming, pretty funny..

Rise of the Tomb Raider vs Uncharted 4 it is then! That's gonna be... interesting. :)

Quantum Break live demo was awesome. Now watching the after-show stream with Horizon 2, man it looks so good from dashcam. Glad preorder and preloading is on the way so long as the prices aren't silly. It was a nice conference overall but c'mon Phil, what on earth are Rare working on? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yep. Say what you like but Xbox One has some brilliant exclusives on the way. TBH I've never known it to be so one-sided.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah I forgot about that other announced exclusive, Scream Ride? Seems a bit weird but it's pretty original and I like the concept, I can see that being quite a fun little diversion.