Options

Dancing with the Stars: Season 19

Comments

• Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WOW I just checked Keo on YouTube and I'm blown away already :o:o !!! What an AMAZING recruit :cool:
    Plus the first black pro on Dwts or in Scd :):)

Hmmmm...Allison is an amazing dancer BUT she's not even a trained ballroom or Latin dancer :confused::confused: SO is this becoming the new norm on Scd and Dwts ? Hiring pros with not very much experience in Latin and ballroom :confused:
    She's a trained contemporary dancer.

I really don't think it was Sharna's decision to NOT be on the line up. They axed her :(:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did a little snooping on KEO :D:D ; Apparently he is very close friends with Kevin and Karen :)
    Aljaz, Emma, Kristina, Bobby, Artem........well looks like the WHOLE BTF gang :o:o:D.

Here is his twitter https://twitter.com/keodancer
    Im guessing this is a fan account https://twitter.com/keo_motsepe

Get to know him :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMG1ZAJCnDs

http://www.wetpaint.com/dancing-with-the-stars/articles/2014-08-13-meet-pro-keoikantse-keo-motsepe?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dwtsshow%2Flatest%2Fexcerpt+%28Dancing+With+The+Stars+%28Excerpt%29%29

Keo has won every national title in South Africa. Yep, as his Burn the Floor bio shares, he’s the undefeated South African Latin American Champion in every age category for the last 8 years. He had his formal dance training in Latin American, Ballroom and Contemporary at Corenergy Dance Centre with Rafick Hoosain and Lorcia Cooper. He also performed on South African Idol.
    In 2012, he made history as the first South African dancer to join the Burn the Floor World Tour. He became the male principle dancer in the cast, and was picked to perform as a soloist during the shows residency at the Shaftesbury Theatre on the West End. Earlier this year, his BTF bio continues, Keo toured with Burn the Floor as principal dancer on the Australian and Japan tours, he also performed on their weekly productions on the Norwegian Cruise Line’s Breakaway Getaway. He also performed as pro guest on Strictly Come Dancing South Africa in 2013.

WOW :cool:; At least , they're getting a new pro who is profusely trained in Latin and Ballroom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharna's boyfriend ( Paul Kirkland ) just tweeted that he's LOST for words :(:( . Safe it to say that she's also VERY surprised like MOST of us :(
  • Options
    kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocked by Sharna being replaced by Alison. Alison is an amazing contemporary dancer but she isn't trained in ballroom it is ridiculous. Sharna was one of the best female dancers on the show other than Karina and Emma wished they had of rested Peta or Cheryl tbh.

I'm surprised Derek is back seriously thought he was leaving wonder who his partner is?

Happy for Artem but disappointed for Henry & Sasha

Glad Witney is back she was good with Drew Cody was a pain.

Keo looks good.

Wish Tony would take a break.
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disappointed by Sharna not being there, but then again, Alison Holker as her replacement is a right coup, so all in all, not too bad.

Artem natural replacement for Maks, no surprises there.

Disappointed Keo replaced Henry. Thought he and/or Sasha deserved another pop. I'm reserving judgment on Keo though. He might surprise me.

P.s. So glad Derek's there! I know it's controversial to like him nowadays, but he just is the best! (Don't be fooled by last year, it's not hard to choreograph for a champion ice dancer- I reckon I'd have gotten to at least the final 5 or 6 having never taught dance in my life!)
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    P.s. So glad Derek's there! I know it's controversial to like him nowadays, but he just is the best!
    Lol! I like him too and think he makes a fantastic contribution to the show. I have to separate the things I like - the dancer, choreographer and teacher - from all the other guff that goes along with it, though. I can't bear all the fawning and pandering as if he's the second coming! (Kenny Ortega I'm looking at you! :p). I hate the idea that he's bigger than the show. And I really must stop reading THAT fansite - it makes me want bad things to happen to him :o. (Bad things like Nene Leakes, you understand .... not actual bad things :kitty:).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted- double post
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Lol! I like him too and think he makes a fantastic contribution to the show. I have to separate the things I like - the dancer, choreographer and teacher - from all the other guff that goes along with it, though. I can't bear all the fawning and pandering as if he's the second coming! (Kenny Ortega I'm looking at you! :p). I hate the idea that he's bigger than the show. And I really must stop reading THAT fansite - it makes me want bad things to happen to him :o. (Bad things like Nene Leakes, you understand .... not actual bad things :kitty:).

The thing is... he's earned it! He's really stepped up since his Hiatus, and since season 14 he's really made a name for himself. I suppose really it was the All Stars when he really let loose with the choreography and made his name!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharna's bf's thoughts on her not being included....

@PaulKirkland01

lost for words at the moment. All I can say is Sharna is the most creatively talented person on the show.

Personal!! when someone choreographs half of everyone #'s and there own every week it's slap in the face. Plus Dwts is sytycd now. Mistake!

makes no since at all ! I'm pissed at the respect level. Not a phone call or anything.

:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

@PaulKirkland01

lost for words at the moment. All I can say is Sharna is the most creatively talented person on the show.

Personal!! when someone choreographs half of everyone #'s and there own every week it's slap in the face. Plus Dwts is sytycd now. Mistake!

makes no since at all ! I'm pissed at the respect level. Not a phone call or anything.

Ouch. I must say, apart from Derek and occasionally Peta and Maks, I've not heard anyone else being credited with choreography other than Sharna. Will be interesting to see how that one turns out... #Strictly2015
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

@PaulKirkland01

Wow!
    Poor Sharna. She was fresh & i'd much rather see her than Peta or Cheryl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul seems to suggest that Sharna deserved the Emmey nomination over Derek- saying the only reason she didn't was because she didn't get enough followers partnered with Andy, Keshawn and Charlie White...

So a comedian, an American Footballer and an Olympic Champion were so much worse than everyone else's partners?
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,510
    Forum Member
    Ouch. I must say, apart from Derek and occasionally Peta and Maks, I've not heard anyone else being credited with choreography other than Sharna. Will be interesting to see how that one turns out... #Strictly2015

She'd always be welcome!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She'd always be welcome!

She choreographed Aliona's Titanium routine last year, so she obviously has connections in the UK. Wouldn't be surprised if she followed Tristan.
  • Options
    karina_karina_ Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's rotten that ABC didn't have the manners to at least inform Sharna with a phone call. They could easily have done so in advance of the announcement. Pauls outburst is understandable, I would be fuming too. Would love to know which pro's he's referring to on the choreo.
    Why didn't they rest Cheryl or Karina, in fairness they've had a long run
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    Women:
    Whitney
    Karina
    Cheryl
    Emma
    Allison
    Peta

Men:
    Derek
    Val
    Artem
    Tony
    Keo (?)
    Mark

I expect that Derek in the line up means they have either another inspirational muse or a great American icon in the cast. I would love it if - just once - he was paired with some lumpenprole no-one had ever heard of. The new producer would soar in my estimation :D. (Still, he'd probably turn her into an elegant swan and everyone would cry 'ringah' anyway... :blush::p)

Thanks soupy:) Good to see Artem's got a place, yay. Not too fussed about Cheryl, Peta and Tony though.:D Would have preferred Sharna, Lindsay and Gleb. Will be interested to see Keo and what he brings to the show.. Glad Witney's got another chance, hopefully she gets someone a bit more enthusiastic than Cody. Hopefully the newbies with give Derek some competition and make the show more interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    I did a little snooping on KEO :D:D ; Apparently he is very close friends with Kevin and Karen :)
    Aljaz, Emma, Kristina, Bobby, Artem........well looks like the WHOLE BTF gang :o:o:D.

Here is his twitter https://twitter.com/keodancer
    Im guessing this is a fan account https://twitter.com/keo_motsepe

Get to know him :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMG1ZAJCnDs

http://www.wetpaint.com/dancing-with-the-stars/articles/2014-08-13-meet-pro-keoikantse-keo-motsepe?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dwtsshow%2Flatest%2Fexcerpt+%28Dancing+With+The+Stars+%28Excerpt%29%29

Keo has won every national title in South Africa. Yep, as his Burn the Floor bio shares, he’s the undefeated South African Latin American Champion in every age category for the last 8 years. He had his formal dance training in Latin American, Ballroom and Contemporary at Corenergy Dance Centre with Rafick Hoosain and Lorcia Cooper. He also performed on South African Idol.
    In 2012, he made history as the first South African dancer to join the Burn the Floor World Tour. He became the male principle dancer in the cast, and was picked to perform as a soloist during the shows residency at the Shaftesbury Theatre on the West End. Earlier this year, his BTF bio continues, Keo toured with Burn the Floor as principal dancer on the Australian and Japan tours, he also performed on their weekly productions on the Norwegian Cruise Line’s Breakaway Getaway. He also performed as pro guest on Strictly Come Dancing South Africa in 2013.

WOW :cool:; At least , they're getting a new pro who is profusely trained in Latin and Ballroom.

Thanks edy.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow!
    Poor Sharna. She was fresh & i'd much rather see her than Peta or Cheryl.

Poor Sharna, she got the same treatment as Tristan, not good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    karina_ wrote: »
    It's rotten that ABC didn't have the manners to at least inform Sharna with a phone call. They could easily have done so in advance of the announcement. Pauls outburst is understandable, I would be fuming too. Would love to know which pro's he's referring to on the choreo.
    Why didn't they rest Cheryl or Karina, in fairness they've had a long run

I think he's referring to anyone who isn't Derek, Karina or Peta tbh... I'm not sure about the others (I think the long standing ones like Mark and Cheryl might also be in the clear) but D, K & P are the only others recognised for choreography outside of DWTS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Sharna :(:(:(
    Like I said she must have been surprised like MOST of us.
    And to add insult to injury, they replace her with someone who is trained in contemporary. Allison is really lovely and an AMAZING dancer BUT she was NOT trained in ballroom/latin >:( !!!

Smh !!!
  • Options
    kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed by Sharna not being there, but then again, Alison Holker as her replacement is a right coup, so all in all, not too bad.

Artem natural replacement for Maks, no surprises there.

Disappointed Keo replaced Henry. Thought he and/or Sasha deserved another pop. I'm reserving judgment on Keo though. He might surprise me.

P.s. So glad Derek's there! I know it's controversial to like him nowadays, but he just is the best! (Don't be fooled by last year, it's not hard to choreograph for a champion ice dancer- I reckon I'd have gotten to at least the final 5 or 6 having never taught dance in my life!)

I always like Derek he is one of my fav and he is one of the best dancer and choreographer but I don't know what left from him to do on dwts he has won 5 times & has said before he only stay if he was being challenged and he didnt think he could get a bigger challenge than Amy so I'm :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »
    I always like Derek he is one of my fav and he is one of the best dancer and choreographer but I don't know what left from him to do on dwts he has won 5 times & has said before he only stay if he was being challenged and he didnt think he could get a bigger challenge than Amy so I'm :confused:

That is my one concern. I thought he'd retire after winning with Amber to get number 5 (given he said he'd quit the season he won with Kellie). Staying on for Amy was obvious. I can only imagine the celeb he's paired with will be someone to challenge him- I know everyone thinks he'll retire the season he gets Oprah after last season! (interesting to see how she would do- obvious support but doubtful dance talent...)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks edy.:)
    You're welcome :) . Glad that you de-lurked to join the convo :D:D
    kp2ni wrote: »

He thought he would be a big Hollywood movie star like his sister. BUT I'm sorry it's not happening. Not saying this to be unkind, it's just the reality.

His latest movie Flopped.. Like the others. The thing is, his immense popularity at Dwts isn't really translating in projects outside of the show ( touring excluded ) . I think that this is the main reason why he keeps coming back.

Tbh, I wonder why he doesn't try to expand his horizons at the West End or BTF:confused: ... He's an Outstanding choreographer and dancer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    You're welcome :) . Glad that you de-lurked to join the convo :D:D

He thought he would be a big Hollywood movie star like his sister. BUT I'm sorry it's not happening. Not saying this to be unkind, it's just the reality.

His latest movie Flopped.. Like the others. The thing is, his immense popularity at Dwts isn't really translating in projects outside of the show ( touring excluded ) . I think that this is the main reason why he keeps coming back.

Tbh, I wonder why he doesn't try to expand his horizons at the West End or BTF:confused: ... He's an Outstanding choreographer and dancer.

Waves to edy.:) Yes I've delurked, I'm hopeful of an interesting season.

I was surprised to see Derek back too, as you say his movies aren't doing well, DWTS is maybe a better fit for him. Yes he would be great on the stage, don't know why he's not in some production or other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul seems to suggest that Sharna deserved the Emmey nomination over Derek- saying the only reason she didn't was because she didn't get enough followers partnered with Andy, Keshawn and Charlie White...

So a comedian, an American Footballer and an Olympic Champion were so much worse than everyone else's partners?

I'm not sure what he meant by 'talent' being decided by twitter followers and Sharna not getting the benefit (from the partners she was assigned) but I didn't read it as anything other than a response to not being chosen for a pro spot (not bringing the numbers in some way??). I didn't infer any digs about Derek or Emmy's from what he said..:confused: