Options

1,400 children abused in Rotherham by primarily Pakistani men

Comments

• Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think that the people on here who are unable to distinguish between the actions of a small minority and the characteristics of an entire race are just as responsible for this abuse as the police and social workers. If it wasn't for this racist attitude there would be no need for 'political correctness' in the first place.
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    Please say what precisely you think they should say that they did not.

Precisely what Sky News did. When they referred to the council they stated that it was a Labour Council. Surely that is what this matter is all about. Hiding the truth.
  • Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    No mention yesterday by Radio 5 Live or BBC TV News that this occurred under the jurisdiction of a Labour Government and Labour Local Authority.

Selective reporting yet again by the BBC.

Will be interesting to see how Labour fair next year in Rotherham. I can't see the electorate having any confidence whatsoever in the Labour Party.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I think that the people on here who are unable to distinguish between the actions of a small minority and the characteristics of an entire race are just as responsible for this abuse as the police and social workers. If it wasn't for this racist attitude there would be no need for 'political correctness' in the first place.

I think people are and so are the minorities themselves able to distinguish right from wrong. On radio 5 there was a British Pakistani muslim woman who spoke out against the behaviour of the men. She has fled for fear of reprisal. There was another British Pakistani muslim man who pointed out that there are men in his culture who think white women and non-muslim women are trash and that is why they go looking for vulnerable non-muslim young women to groom.
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see how Labour fair next year in Rotherham. I can't see the electorate having any confidence whatsoever in the Labour Party.

I forecast politically......no change.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,607
    Forum Member
    No mention yesterday by Radio 5 Live or BBC TV News that this occurred under the jurisdiction of a Labour Government and Labour Local Authority.

Selective reporting yet again by the BBC.

Why is it relevant?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    What is complicated?

I meant that what you said about "PC" was just rather simplistic. ("There is too much PC around these days which allows Jihadists free speech but accuses 'whites' of being racist!")
    I will always put my family before PC.
    I can't think why you would ever be asked to choose between the two things!
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

ah, it's because we's racist.

I see.

How to be part of the problem eh. Do you want the loan of a shovel to bury your head a bit deeper.
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »

People have short memories. And I bet the blame will be shifted, along with the 'things will be different now' line.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jonmorris wrote: »
    People have short memories. And I bet the blame will be shifted, along with the 'things will be different now' line.

This is all a bit puzzling, as there doesn't appear to be any connection between the Labour party and the abuse of young girls in Rotherham.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Precisely what Sky News did. When they referred to the council they stated that it was a Labour Council. Surely that is what this matter is all about. Hiding the truth.

But why is the political makeup of the council relevant?
  • Options
    CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member

So let me get this straight.
    One section of the community rapes children on an industrial scale.
    You acknowledge that political correctness is the cause of inaction ( even when faced with overwhelming evidence) by the authorities.
    But the people responsible for this mass rape of children are in fact, ds users who have views which you perceive to be racist ?
    Unbelievable >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member

I think you're mistaken to buy into the "political correctness" line peddled by some on the Right. The only people to blame for all this are the ones who failed to take any action. And of course the abusers themselves.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the day is over and Shaun Wright is still in his job despite Theresa May, Yvette Cooper and the local MP telling him to resign.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Because the elected council is elected to run the local authority, and the local authority failed to protect the children. The elected politicians are supposed to ensure the departments are doing a good job, and are repsonsible for the departments. They are elected to positions of responsiblity and authority, they should be held politically accountable for any failures by the organization they are ultimately incharge of and responsible for. Ideally if they have personally failed to do fulfill their responsibilites to an adequate standard they should face criminal prosecution given the extent and severity of the failure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you think it would have been mentioned if this had happened in Kensington and Chelsea?
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just googled Jahangir Akhtar the deputy leader of Rotherham council and it seems that he resigned four days ago so I guess he knew what was coming, but what is shocking is that according to The Times he was "related to the alleged offender and was aware of their relationship." :o

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-23820054

If this is true, I want to see him in jail.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The police already getting ready to put the blame on the Times newspaper for potentially harming any future cases? More like for helping reveal the truth and seeing people losing their jobs.
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its kind of hard to tell Muslim men that its wrong to have sex with children when Muhammad was having sex with a 9 year old.

And yes, it is worth identifying the religious background of the abusers, as this is clearly not a few lone freaks acting out some sick fantasy. Its a culture within Islam which views females as lesser bearings, so their suffering doesn't matter.

I have always stood against racism mostly on logical and ethical grounds. But at some point you need to shed your fear of being labelled a racist and just call it how it is. Islam, it is a problem. Not just in the UK, the whole world is experiencing a problem. Its been on the cards for a few centuries now and I suspect its going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonmorris wrote: »
    The police already getting ready to put the blame on the Times newspaper for potentially harming any future cases? More like for helping reveal the truth and seeing people losing their jobs.

So not only was PC to blame but some PCs were too.
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because they were responsible.

In this country we have some people put in a position of power and they are just not up to the job. They may be very PC and follow it to the letter but as for doing the job they are useless.

Listen to many of the Labour MPs in the House asking questions at Prime Ministers Question Time and they sound like their education ceased at 10 years of age. Some can barely string a coherent sentence together, such is their inadequacy in fluent English..
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Page after page of blaming and political point scoring

Very little sympathy expressed for the poor victims. Which, to my mind, is pretty shocking.
    It's like reading a Stormfront website sometimes.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My worry is that these were the easily caught people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Page after page of blaming and political point scoring

Very little sympathy expressed for the poor victims. Which, to my mind, is pretty shocking.
    It's like reading a Stormfront website sometimes.

Can't you detect the anger in the comments stems from the outrage at what happened to these children?

It's so incredible how big this is, and is possibly only the tip of the iceberg. That makes it even worse, as there are likely many more victims out there.

It IS political, but I doubt you could blame only Labour in this. It's politics in general. No party wants to risk offending people - potential voters - but this has backfired in a spectacular fashion. Sweeping a problem under the carpet has now given incredible ammunition to certain groups who will use this to tar ALL 'Asians' (to quote the BBC) with the same brush.
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    Caxton wrote: »
    Because they were responsible.

In this country we have some people put in a position of power and they are just not up to the job. They may be very PC and follow it to the letter but as for doing the job they are useless.

Listen to many of the Labour MPs in the House asking questions at Prime Ministers Question Time and they sound like their education ceased at 10 years of age. Some can barely string a coherent sentence together, such is their inadequacy in fluent English..

Well at least we can rel;y on your hatred of Labour to get in the way of facts. Slightly poor taste to use these disgusting events to score political points but I guess what we've come to expect.