Options

The Bill (Drama Pace)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    Series 18 episode 5. About 4 months after the current Drama episodes aired on ITV.

Thank you :)
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    That was odd. The woman who was the prostitute in the hotel lobby, was also in today's episode of Casualty on Drama, playing a prostitute. She's currently in Holby City as head nurse.

And the undercover barman was also in today's Casualty as the new nurse.
  • Options
    darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 18 Episode 5 Set In Stone airs 1st October
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    That was odd. The woman who was the prostitute in the hotel lobby, was also in today's episode of Casualty on Drama, playing a prostitute. She's currently in Holby City as head nurse.

And the undercover barman was also in today's Casualty as the new nurse.

I wonder if she will become a prostitute in that as well :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sam Harker reminds me of a young Gary Barlow for some reason.

I'm a bit dubious on the casting of gangsters in The Bill, todays gangster looked like one of the blokes from Steps :D:D
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    I wonder if she will become a prostitute in that as well :D:D
    She might even go on to win Big Brother eh?
  • Options
    tubzy2001tubzy2001 Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't a prostitute in The Bill she was old bill
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if its already been mentioned.

Just read about Paul Ushers 'Des Taviner' son, dying from a mystery illness at 24 a few weeks ago. :(

RIP, condolences to all family and friends.
  • Options
    Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad to hear about Paul Usher's son. Condolences to Paul and his family.
  • Options
    allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    Haven't got to the Britanniamania episodes yet but the episodes immediately before then (with the exception of the one with the drunk judge and Conway) have been really really boring. The one with Spears and the cameras was mildly interesting but I've noticed a lot of the episodes are just too slow. And Uniform episodes seem to be duller than ever, which is a bad sign.

Enjoyed the Gun Crazy two-parter with Meadows and McAllister but I'm still struggling to warm to some CID officers like Vik Singh. Liking Cullen at the moment - I think he's a really solid addition to the team.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't got to the Britanniamania episodes yet but the episodes immediately before then (with the exception of the one with the drunk judge and Conway) have been really really boring. The one with Spears and the cameras was mildly interesting but I've noticed a lot of the episodes are just too slow. And Uniform episodes seem to be duller than ever, which is a bad sign.

Enjoyed the Gun Crazy two-parter with Meadows and McAllister but I'm still struggling to warm to some CID officers like Vik Singh. Liking Cullen at the moment - I think he's a really solid addition to the team.

I agree with you, I haven't got to the Brittaniamania episodes yet either but the episodes I've seen recently with Roz and her debt problems have been so boring. You get the feeling that the writers were starting to run out of ideas for good episodes at this point and a revamp was sorely needed.

The Bill was riding high for a bit post Beech, with some good episodes surrounding Smithy and Nick Klein and also Bob's exit but the wheels have come off since then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They didnt seem to edit the episode "Liquid City" today, swearing and a bit of violence. :o:D, not much consistency when you consider what they have bleeped or cut in the past
  • Options
    darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didn't hear anyone swear
  • Options
    ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed Liquid City - -great scene at the start with everyone watching Des and Reg making a mess of it, and the conflict between Chandler and Taviner was good; love the fact that Drama left in Chandler's swearing scene!

I really enjoyed Brittaniamania and the first two episodes of Cass/Leroy, though I thought the third episode slightly dragged it out. From memory the upcoming serial rapist storyline and Taviner/Knowles/Gilmore are also very good episodes.

I thought the Roz Clarke debt storyline was good in a sense in that it seemed realistic for a probationer to be struggling like that. However, 4 successive episodes was probably excessive, particular when coupled with the fact a Ben Hayward 3-parter followed that - essentially meaning there were 7 episodes in a row dedicated to two pretty weak characters. I think this was around the time that Handford left so perhaps ratings fell at this point?

I still don't think there was a significant enough rot for the PM era to be necessary though.
  • Options
    Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=Readingfan;74478637
    I really enjoyed Brittaniamania and the first two episodes of Cass/Leroy, though I thought the third episode slightly dragged it out. From memory the upcoming serial rapist storyline and Taviner/Knowles/Gilmore are also very good episodes.
    [/QUOTE]

The Terry Knowles set of episodes are really good can't wait to see those again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Crikey, Boydens daughter is a stroppy cow :D:D
  • Options
    merrim01merrim01 Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How far away are we now from the Sunhill Fire & Conway's death, it can't be long as I see Chandler and Spears have started a bit of a thing?
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    merrim01 wrote: »
    How far away are we now from the Sunhill Fire & Conway's death, it can't be long as I see Chandler and Spears have started a bit of a thing?

About 35 episodes (7 weeks) until Conway's death and the fire took place about 4 or 5 episodes after that.

I have a question of my own....

How soon after Cathy Bradford first arrived did it become apparent she was a few shields short of a riot squad??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    About 35 episodes (7 weeks) until Conway's death and the fire took place about 4 or 5 episodes after that.

How soon after Cathy Bradford first arrived did it become apparent she was a few shields short of a riot squad??

Poor Conway,,,i like his character :(
  • Options
    bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope that Drama doesn't start messing about by jumping ahead or go back to showing episodes that have already aired!
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    bloodynora wrote: »
    I just hope that Drama doesn't start messing about by jumping ahead or go back to showing episodes that have already aired!

They've already missed out the episodes that had Don Beech returning to Sun Hill
  • Options
    PsychoTherapistPsychoTherapist Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It never did, she was simply shown as ambitious and wanting to rise back up the ranks. The Madford stuff was a Marquess character assassination.
  • Options
    PsychoTherapistPsychoTherapist Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've already missed out the episodes that had Don Beech returning to Sun Hill

Because they were a spin-off series that ITV just showed in The Bill's slot, on the original airing.
  • Options
    Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never saw these episodes when they first aired as I was only 6 years old, but these episodes are what The Bill was about. I wish ITV never axed it.

Yesterday's episode, (Debt of love), I heard swearing. I'm sure it was Boyden who said 'bullsh*t'. Drama should be editing these episodes.