Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,562
    Forum Member
    O'Neill wrote: »
    Ditto.:p

Good to see Man City are losing at least, doubt it'll finish 0-1 though..

Lost.

See? Early days!
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zaha straight back on the score sheet. He will forever be a United enigma.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    Zaha straight back on the score sheet. He will forever be a United enigma.

At least he cannot play against us!
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Just need chelsea and liverpool to lose this weekend and things might be ok
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Lost.

See? Early days!

Yeah, what a shock, weren't expecting Stoke to get anything. Yeah I've been suggesting its way too early to judge with any accuracy how the season will pan out.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not today sunshine. :p

Usually man city turn it on at home like a blue greesy oil machine. Good to see Stoke took all 3 today.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,562
    Forum Member
    O'Neill wrote: »
    Yeah, what a shock, weren't expecting Stoke to get anything. Yeah I've been suggesting its way too early to judge with any accuracy how the season will pan out.

You always get a few of the 'lower' clubs who get off to a roaring start, and this year Swansea are one of them, with 3 wins on the trot. We were unlucky to have been their first victim but we will have been far from their last early-season victim.

I'm far from doomy and gloomy like some in this thread, depressing though it's been so far, but I can see through the current gloom.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our rivals this season are Everton and Spurs. Liverpool, City, Arsenal and Chelsea are big favourites for the top 4.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    Usually man city turn it on at home like a blue greesy oil machine. Good to see Stoke took all 3 today.

The first of many points dropped at home by City hopefully. Their home form is far too good for my liking.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watching the Juve match? Vidal is an absolute beast
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,997
    Forum Member
    cooler wrote: »

Pleased City lost, usually they do turn it on at home, i still expected them to win even when there was only 5 minutes left. The main difference between City and us though is that today's result was a blip a one off with us it is the norm at the moment.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,536
    Forum Member
    Yay we didn't concede. It's a start.

But now I'm worried about 2 goals in 4 games:(
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Just need chelsea and liverpool to lose this weekend and things might be ok

That's one way of looking at it but Chelsea are already two up and Liverpool would have played three of last season's top eight in their first three games whereas United have played two of last season's bottom half teams and a newly promoted club and have acquired just two points. The Chelsea, City and Arsenal games in late October and November will be the true barometer of progress.

It's already a mighty unpredictable season, though - and all the transfer business isn't done either.

At least you are almost certain to win well next weekend. With Remy going, QPR will be even more toothless.
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lost.

See? Early days!

Exactly. And that was City's full strength team. At home. Whether people like it or not, we are in another transition season. A re-building of the demolition that happened last season and the patch-repairs of seasons before. It will both take time for LVG to get the players used to the system and to work out what his best 11 is when all are fit. I'm not expecting us to really motor for a few weeks yet. But we are really going to twonk some teams when we do.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheSloth wrote: »

At least you are almost certain to win well next weekend. With Remy going, QPR will be even more toothless.

I wouldn't be so sure!

We don't exactly look razor sharp either, two goals in three games is testament to that.

Hopefully by the time of that QPR match, we either have signed a few new players, and have some of our injured (and in Rojo's case eligible) players back, that would help us out no end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »

Surprise, surprise! ;-)
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. And that was City's full strength team. At home. Whether people like it or not, we are in another transition season. A re-building of the demolition that happened last season and the patch-repairs of seasons before. It will both take time for LVG to get the players used to the system and to work out what his best 11 is when all are fit. I'm not expecting us to really motor for a few weeks yet. But we are really going to twonk some teams when we do.....

Your biggest problem I suppose will be the press. They will pile on the pressure after every poor game. So some fans get jittery and eventually so do the owners.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least Daley Blind is signing for us I suppose. He should slot in nicely alongside Herrera. I know he's not a beast like some other defensive midfielders, but hopefully he can provide better protection to the back three.

Very disappointed about the result though. We need to change the system IMO. Just play 4-3-3.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »

We don't need him,we've got Clevz,Fletch,Anderson.

Don't forget that Carrick will be like a new signing when he's back.:p:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Anderson will save us! :o:o:o:o:(:(
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member

Not for long hopefully.
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's our worst start to the season since 2007-8, and we won the league that season.

2007-8: W0 D2 L1; points 2; F1 A2; GD -1; Goals scored 1.
    2014-15: W0 D2 L1; points 2; F2 A3; GD -1; Goals scored 2.

Final position: 1st. Early days.

I think this is the reason more non utd fans should be taking the pish out of utd. They are doing a bit crap now, but they have done this before, and they have a very nasty habbit of being written off then coming back with a vengeance.

Within the next 5 years (might be sooner), Man UTD will be back in the top, duking it out with the other big name teams. May as well enjoy this slump now, it won't last long haha.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoa, debbie downer ;-) I know you posted that at a certain time of the match but from what I saw there were many signs of improvement. We look fairly comfortable with the set-up at last, Mata and Fletcher are playing better, Di-Maria is an obvious asset and we started to knock it around at bit towards the end and... we've got Danny Blind for a decent price.

All we need now is Joey boswell's Dad and we'll be well in ;-)

Ive sent an e-mail to Van Gaal and told him he's raring to go for the next game.

Still waiting for a reply. :D
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toastie15 wrote: »
    Think we would have got a penalty if Young's previous dives hadn't had happened

Yep unfortunately Young's reputation goes before him, he could have both legs sliced off on the pitch and he would get nothing from the refs now.

He's diving in the past has and will cost us now.
This discussion has been closed.