Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 61)

Comments

• Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Are you Samuel? "Mark my words" is only generally used by Samuel on here!

I thought it was Samuel who posted that. :blush::blush::blush:
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    The majority of DS voters rated tonight's XF launch episode as 'poor': http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2004579
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    Yes it must be of some concern to Samuel, either suggesting an unattainable rating so it looks low in reality or suggesting a down beat response and hoping the rating will follow that. Realistically XF has to go well tonight, it has to beat last year with the much heralded return of Cowell and Cole-and I think it will. The weather hasn't forced millions outside today either.

Having said all that, football aside, ITV has had a murderously bad three months or so and this is just one slot at the end of it. Even Samuel can allow them that surely ;-)

Even if it comes back with 'just' 8m it's double anything else ITV has aired in the last three months excluding the soaps. Which says it all, really.
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    This kind of stuff doesn't surprise me the Xfacot is completely fake, and am just sad people still can't see this.

Who cares? I know it's fake yet I still enjoy watching it.
  • Options
    JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    The majority of DS voters rated tonight's XF launch episode as 'poor': http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2004579

Actually at the minute 56.25% voted 3 or more out of 5. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No they haven't, the majority have marked it average. That's a vote consisting of... 18 people.
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member

Did you watch? I notice you've marked it as 'average' :D
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member

18 people do not represent Digital Spy, let alone the whole country! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    Did you watch? I notice you've marked it as 'average' :D
    Yes, I thought making the poll that making the results public would be interesting ;)

Over 60% have voted 3 or more out of 5. Obviously the sample size is small at the moment but I think it's more positive than negative.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    No they haven't, the majority have marked it average. That's a vote consisting of... 18 people.
    At the time of posting, 'poor' was leading the way. It looks like the launch episode has been received as distinctly average.

No standout audition vocal moments like Leona Lewis/Ella Henderson. No standout moments in terms of buzz like Cher Lloyd or Ant&Seb. Seems all a bit 'meh'. I dont think the BBC has much to worry about if this Blonde Electric are XF's trump card!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the time of posting, 'poor' was leading the way. It looks like the launch episode has been received as distinctly average.

No standout audition vocal moments like Leona Lewis/Ella Henderson. No standout moments in terms of buzz like Cher Lloyd or Ant&Seb. Seems all a bit 'meh'. I dont think the BBC has much to worry about if this Blonde Electric are XF's trump card!
    You sound like the confused, dying Dalek in tonight's Doctor Who. :D

Don't think Leona/Ella or indeed many classic contestants aired in the first auditions episode in the past. There's quite a lot more to come. ;)
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay - xfactor is back - & this thread becomes a playground again.

A majority - out of 30 odd votes :D
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you ever give up?
    If this was on BBC you would be saying it was the best thing since sliced bread.
    You really, really need to get out more. Foolish little man!
  • Options
    comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    You sound like the confused, dying Dalek in tonight's Doctor Who. :D

How is Tumble doing? Is there much buzz on social media?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't think Leona/Ella or indeed many classic contestants aired in the first auditions episode in the past. There's quite a lot more to come. ;)
    Normally Cowell typically has the 'chosen act' [the one audition that was the best] in the first episode of each series of XF and BGT. Usually episode 2 is weak in terms of talent, episode 3 slightly better and then episodes 4-7 average.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normally Cowell typically has the 'chosen act' [the one audition that was the best] in the first episode of each series of XF and BGT. Usually episode 2 is weak in terms of talent, episode 3 slightly better and then episodes 4-7 average.

Stop making things up Samuel. If you were that confident that the rating is going to be underwhelming then you wouldn't need these desperate posts. You're rattled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems a made up, invalid generalisation to me; unless you have a list of all these acts from Week 1 auditions who went on to win...?

You can't say diddly about the quality of the talent this year until a few weeks worth of audition episodes. And even then as we've already said even the most popular, well-received series had few truly talented finalists.

It's not all about the voice... ;):D

EDIT - Most votes currently for 4/5, with 70% of all votes 3/5+.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they might change it slightly this time around, with 2 and 3 being stronger to entice people to watch 4 (the Strictly clash episode). I think there will be only two weeks of room auditions and two weeks of arena auditions this year.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    Do you ever give up?
    If this was on BBC you would be saying it was the best thing since sliced bread.
    You really, really need to get out more. Foolish little man!

There is no need for personal insults or rudeness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seems a made up, invalid generalisation to me; unless you have a list of all these acts from Week 1 auditions who went on to win...?
    Winners:

Series 1 - Steve Brookstene [audition shown in episode 1]
    Seires 2 - Shayne Warn [audition shown in episode 1]
    Series 3 - Leona Lewis [audition shown in episode 1]
    Series 4 - Leon Jackson [audition shown in episode 3]
    Series 5 - Alexandra Deburg [audition shown in episode 2]
    Series 6 - Joe McEldery [audition shown in episode 1]
    Series 7 - Matt Cardle [auditon shown in episode 2]
    Series 8 - Little Mix [n/a as band werent formed until after auditions]
    Series 9 - James Arthur [audition shown in episode 2]
    Series 10 - Sam Bailey [audition shown in episode 1]

Proof that most of the winners come from the opening episode.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    The X Factor was its most popular when Jedward where in it. The slapstick, but entertaining acts create the buzz.

There is an awful lot of padding on TXF though, 2 singers in half an hour. They need to make it snappy. With adverts every 10 minutes, we don't need an extra 5 minutes of filler for each singer.

I don't think, unless it improves, TXF will jump much higher from last year. As long as it remains stable or increases then that's good enough. The singing show is on its way out in the UK.
    The dearth of talent this year is something.
    Winners:

Series 5 - Alexandra Deburg [audition shown in episode 1]

Leona certainly wasn't episode one. She was there when Paula Abdul came to help the judges, which was by the second or third episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winners:

Where the heck did you find that from? I've watched The X Factor from the audition stages since series 4 but can't remember who appeared when.
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    Winners:

Chris's daughter? I don't remember her? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    Where the heck did you find that from? I've watched The X Factor from the audition stages since series 4 but can't remember who appeared when.
    I have an informant who keeps me up to date about how these Cowell shows work. The strategy of having a big act in the pimp slot of the first episode. And then a quieter second episode, a better third episode etc. I have my sources who give me this information. It's all true, you can check yourself.
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    I have an informant who keeps me up to date about how these Cowell shows work. The strategy of having a big act in the pimp slot of the first episode. And then a quieter second episode, a better third episode etc. I have my sources who give me this information. It's all true, you can check yourself.

You have more sources than HP.
This discussion has been closed.