Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 58)

Comments

• Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Everyone.:+)))))))))))))))

A bit duller here today, 18C though, and pretty calm.
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

:+D
    MorningEddy.:+)))))))))))))))))
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Morning all :+)
    Bunch of immature, self-centred monsters in there. Dee in the diary room complaining that Gary elbowed her and rolling her eyes. Pffft. Even if he did, that is not how you deal with it...grrrr
    Off out to visit family again today, almost looking forward to going back to Bkk just to get a rest :D still going to feel very strange leaving eldest here though :+(
    Morning Halla.:+))))))))))))))

Never seen or hear a bunch like this lot, still think George deserves it for putting up with them.
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Morning all:) Chilly this morning, an autumnal nip in the air.

Halla it will be strange going back to BKK and leaving your daughter in the UK - Skype will be your friend:cool:

I would be happy with Audley 'Orderly' or George to win, they seem to have caused the least damage^_^ I couldn't say that Audley has been entertaining, he's just been a stabilising presence I guess, but George has made me laugh and seems like an OK normal sort of guy.

It seems a bit ridiculous to me that appearing in CBB can help to kick start or revive a failing career/profession:confused: If Audley wants another fight why not just put the word out - same for Edele, if she wants another recording contract, isn't that what managers are for???
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone. :)
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Hi Gemo:) I agree too although I keep forgetting to watch the LF I've recorded! After all the fuss I/we made about LF the least I could do is watch it when it's offered.

I thought the quiz was good for the penultimate day - usually at this point the HLs consist of naff all, at least there was more sniping to watch! James really does believe that he's God's gift, its unbelievable^_^

It was much better than that dreary performance most years when they dress up and read speeches.

Massive rant coming up about college...

I had an awful time yesterday.
    I was interviewed and offered a college place immediately. (yay)
    I was hoping to get a "twenty-four plus loan" which just about everybody is eligible for, but you have to have enrolled on the course before you can apply, and you have to pay before you can be enrolled on the course. >:(>:(>:(

Because I don't want to risk losing the place (They wont hold it open while you wrestle with grants) I had to try and do it on my phone there and then, but was scuppered by the fact that they require an ORIGINAL (not copy) birth certificate or passport details. I don't HAVE a flaming passport and my original birth certificate was destroyed along with my eyebrows and hair in the 1982 fire.

. I pushed on with the claim, hoping a miracle might happen and I was in a cold sweat throughout. It took ages. (not helped by my not being able to see the keys on my phone and my refusal to change it because it is pink and lovely, and my not being able to use the college computers because they had BLOCKED THE GOVERNMENT LOAN SITE>:()

The girl behind the desk (who i think Little Britain "computer says no" was based on. Even the coughing. ) said that she would process the claim as soon as she could see the email confirmation from the "government loan thing".
    The email came through at THREE O CLOCK this morning. Needless to say, we had already been forced to pay the eight hundred and fifty quid because they were closing, and "computer says no" to a refund!!! >:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Morning all :)
    Bunch of immature, self-centred monsters in there. Dee in the diary room complaining that Gary elbowed her and rolling her eyes. Pffft. Even if he did, that is not how you deal with it...grrrr
    Off out to visit family again today, almost looking forward to going back to Bkk just to get a rest :D still going to feel very strange leaving eldest here though :(
    I bet it will. :( Is your daughter excited?
    Hicky wrote: »
    Good Morning Everyone.:+)))))))))))))))

A bit duller here today, 18C though, and pretty calm.

MorningEddy.:+)))))))))))))))))

Morning Halla.:+))))))))))))))

Never seen or hear a bunch like this lot, still think George deserves it for putting up with them.

I like him apart from nominating Gary for being deaf, and the ridiculous almost-slurping with Edele.
    Morning all:) Chilly this morning, an autumnal nip in the air.

Halla it will be strange going back to BKK and leaving your daughter in the UK - Skype will be your friend:cool:

I would be happy with Audley 'Orderly' or George to win, they seem to have caused the least damage^_^ I couldn't say that Audley has been entertaining, he's just been a stabilising presence I guess, but George has made me laugh and seems like an OK normal sort of guy.

It seems a bit ridiculous to me that appearing in CBB can help to kick start or revive a failing career/profession:confused: If Audley wants another fight why not just put the word out - same for Edele, if she wants another recording contract, isn't that what managers are for???

Dee seems to think it will boost her path to number ten. I am astonished.
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I may be wrong but I didn’t think a symptom of depression was an over-inflated ego.

You know what I’m saying?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    I may be wrong but I didn’t think a symptom of depression was an over-inflated ego.

You know what I’m saying?

It doesn't usually manifest itself as utter cowness either. (although i suppose it wont help)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone. :+)

It was much better than that dreary performance most years when they dress up and read speeches.

I was hoping to get a "twenty-four plus loan" which just about everybody is eligible for, but you have to have enrolled on the course before you can apply, and you have to pay before you can be enrolled on the course. >:(>:(>:(

Because I don't want to risk losing the place (They wont hold it open while you wrestle with grants) I had to try and do it on my phone there and then, but was scuppered by the fact that they require an ORIGINAL (not copy) birth certificate or passport details. I don't HAVE a flaming passport and my original birth certificate was destroyed along with my eyebrows and hair in the 1982 fire.

. I pushed on with the claim, hoping a miracle might happen and I was in a cold sweat throughout. It took ages. (not helped by my not being able to see the keys on my phone and my refusal to change it because it is pink and lovely, and my not being able to use the college computers because they had BLOCKED THE GOVERNMENT LOAN SITE>:()

The girl behind the desk (who i think Little Britain "computer says no" was based on. Even the coughing. ) said that she would process the claim as soon as she could see the email confirmation from the "government loan thing".
    The email came through at THREE O CLOCK this morning. Needless to say, we had already been forced to pay the eight hundred and fifty quid because they were closing, and "computer says no" to a refund!!! >:(>:(>:(
    Good Afternoon Honey.:+))))))))))))))

Just read your Rant/Spoiler.
    I'm speechless, talk about catch 22, that situation is hard to understand, what an utter disgraceful position to be put in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The order of leaving tonight as far as the betting goes is as follows:

Edele, Dee, James, Audley, George then the winner Gary.

But as we know, shocks can happen on the final night.

george isn't too far behing Gary as the final 2, so it could happen if they reopen the voting late on.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TONIGHT after BOTS 11:35pm BST @BBCouchPotatoes goes LIVE talking about #CBB FINALE! Join in the discussion: http://bbcouchpotatoes.com/ RT
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just catching up, read your most deserving rant and am dumbfounded that such a situation could arise in 2014!
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The order of leaving tonight as far as the betting goes is as follows:

Edele, Dee, James, Audley, George then the winner Gary.

But as we know, shocks can happen on the final night.

george isn't too far behing Gary as the final 2, so it could happen if they reopen the voting late on.

I hope there arent any shocks like there were last month in the regular BB!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Afternoon Honey.:+))))))))))))))

Just read your Rant/Spoiler.
    I'm speechless, talk about catch 22, that situation is hard to understand, what an utter disgraceful position to be put in.
    Barracute wrote: »
    Just catching up, read your most deserving rant and am dumbfounded that such a situation could arise in 2014!

To be fair, it is possible that there is a solution to some of the problems, or that I was given wrong information, but there was nothing I could do in the very short time before it closed.
    There was a boy registering at the same time with the same problem, so I suspect it is not unusual.

I don't really care who wins tonight. Orderly is top choice, but I cant imagine him having much of a fan base,
    If Gary wins I hope we get good shots of the other housemate's reactions. :D

I see from other threads that I was wrong about the quiz replacing the boring speeches and they have saved them for tonight. Tut.
  • Options
    WinsomeWinsome Posts: 12,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goodevening all :)
    Read your rant Honey, what a dreadful position to put you in.
    Have to say, I am happy the series is done, , this year seems to have been nothing but conflict in both the regular and the celebrity versions. I know there will be a certain amount of arguments and bitchiness, but usually there is some light relief along the way. Hoping for Audley to win, but think it may well be the dreadful George.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Winsome wrote: »
    Have to say, I am happy the series is done, , this year seems to have been nothing but conflict in both the regular and the celebrity versions. I know there will be a certain amount of arguments and bitchiness, but usually there is some light relief along the way. Hoping for Audley to win, but think it may well be the dreadful George.

Yes, if I had known it was going to be three and a half months of arguing and misery I might not have bothered at all.
    And yet, I am actually interested in the people, and if only there was live feed and less fiddling it would have been good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    I hope there arent any shocks like there were last month in the regular BB!
    The first 2 out are as expected, the next 2 may be as well, think it's just the last 2 that could change.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow, wasn't expecting George out yet, that changes things somewhat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow, wasn't expecting George out yet, that changes things somewhat.

I think the vote might split between Orderly and Gary so James might well win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D Good job I'm not a gambler isnt it?

I wish they would stop saying "you have been evicted" in the final. It should be "You have finished third"
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Winsome wrote: »

Evening all, evening Win - yes, it's been a pretty miserable bunch of people they offered us this year! I didn't think I'd ever see anyone as awful as Helen, then they give us James (still think Helen is the poorer human being)!
    Yes, if I had known it was going to be three and a half months of arguing and misery I might not have bothered at all.
    And yet, I am actually interested in the people, and if only there was live feed and less fiddling it would have been good.

Honey I'm not surprised you were angry - re your rant - I don't know why that should happen, the funds are there and all institutions offering the courses should have access to the appropriate websites. What is the course, incidentally??

I empathise with the interest in people, so we have to take the good the bad and the very very ugly, I guess! Would have preferred Orderly to win, but not really bothered any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening all, evening Win - yes, it's been a pretty miserable bunch of people they offered us this year! I didn't think I'd ever see anyone as awful as Helen, then they give us James (still think Helen is the poorer human being)!

Honey I'm not surprised you were angry - re your rant - I don't know why that should happen, the funds are there and all institutions offering the courses should have access to the appropriate websites. What is the course, incidentally??

I empathise with the interest in people, so we have to take the good the bad and the very very ugly, I guess! Would have preferred Orderly to win, but not really bothered any more.

It is the level three counselling course, but there were far more applicants than places so I was forced to register there and then with about an hour to do it all before they closed. I felt as if I was starring in a Brian Rix farce.

I look forward to seeing Dee give David Cameron a run for his money. :o:o:o
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonights finale show to listen to or download: http://www.spreaker.com/user/drdetroit/cbb-2014-finale
  • Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,620
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

:D

Congratulations to Gary. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Sunny here!

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

:D

Congratulations to Gary. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Sunny here!

:)

Morning Eddy. :D I think you won the sweep.
  • Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,620
    Forum Member

Morning Eddy. :D I think you won the sweep.

I did indeed. :D
  • Options
    ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    I did indeed. :D

Hahaha, well done you...:)
    Internet came back briefly last night but has gone again....
    Have just reported it for the 8th time in 14 days.They don't work weekends so I am still practising the 'profound patience' they advised in their text....:D

In the P.O. yesterday, we were asked our opinion on the Scottish referendum......
This discussion has been closed.