Options

The Emmerdale Discussion Thread (Spoilers in tags — Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Another vote for Declan here - he had the desperate look which Charity had last week when it was all slipping away from her. Only now the boot is on the other foot.

Really looking forward to seeing how it all plays out this week - and that ED have kept us in the dark (and continue to do so) about who (if indeed anyone) dies.

Makes you feel quite nostalgic for the days pre the Internet and spoilers to when you didn't know what was going to happen until it played out on screen

Exactly.

Kate Oates seems to be getting the balance right.........releasing enough advanced information to just whet the appetite, but not giving it all away so as to make you not need to bother watching.

Spoilers need to be scaled down and maybe even stopped altogether to be replace with little 'teasers.'

Declan - how to move the blame from Megan and yet not draw suspicion towards himself.

Oohh what a dilemma - because Charity is now like a rat at a pancake going after Megan.

:D
  • Options
    Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,739
    Forum Member
    Exactly.

Kate Oates seems to be getting the balance right.........releasing enough advanced information to just whet the appetite, but not giving it all away so as to make you not need to bother watching.

Spoilers need to be scaled down and maybe even stopped altogether to be replace with little 'teasers.'

Declan - how to move the blame from Megan and yet not draw suspicion towards himself.

Oohh what a dilemma - because Charity is now like a rat at a pancake going after Megan.

Thinking back a few weeks, we all knew Donna was going to die, but if we hadn't already 'known' when her last episode was it would, I think, have added to the tension and shock when she fell off the car park.

Re the bib above - I know - up the creek without a paddle I think... (maybe literally by the end of the week :D:D).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling it could be Robbie, and this forces Declan to work with Megan to get revenge on Charity.
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly.

Oh, I hope not. I hate not knowing :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thinking back a few weeks, we all knew Donna was going to die, but if we hadn't already 'known' when her last episode was it would, I think, have added to the tension and shock when she fell off the car park.

Re the bib above - I know - up the creek without a paddle I think... (maybe literally by the end of the week :D:D).

a perfect example.

When I knew she was going to die, I had no interest in her and Ross, and even though I think he acted his 'love' for Donna well, I felt nothing because I knew she was dying and I couldn't invest any interest in her. Same with Marlon and April.
    All I could think of was, 'great, ANOTHER child has joined the show.'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    star89 wrote: »
    Oh, I hope not. I hate not knowing :blush:

And we'd be stuffed for the 'Daily challenge :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And we'd be stuffed for the 'Daily challenge :D

Would be a right stab in the dark :o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly.

It's definitely heading that way under Kate Oates.
    No webcam, maybe soon no spoilers apart from those silly vague ones they post on the public site which are really just teasers and often deliberately misleading.
    They could stop too though as people ignore the embargo on them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wyezed wrote: »
    No webcam, maybe soon no spoilers apart from those silly vague ones they post on the public site which are really just teasers and often deliberately misleading.

Yeh, there's always someone to take advantage and ruin it for others because they want to be the first to tell everyone else what's coming.
    Makes them feel a bit superior because they knew first, I suppose.
    But that will just ruin the fun for the people who like to read the spoilers but can keep it to themselves.

I think its much more fun to just get a 'hint' of what's coming so we can all then play at guessing the rest.
    Guessing is fun, but its always ruined when someone who has advanced spoilers comes in to the guessing game and posts a spoiler telling you what is actually coming.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh, there's always someone to take advantage and ruin it for others because they want to be the first to tell everyone else what's coming.
    But that will just ruin the fun for the people who like to read the spoilers but can keep it to themselves.

I think its much more fun to just get a 'hint' of what's coming so we can all then play at guessing the rest.
    Guessing is fun, but its always ruined when someone who has advanced spoilers comes in to the guessing game and posts a spoiler telling you what is actually coming.
    I think playing the guessing game can be a bit of a double-edged sword though - people can convince themselves of how it's going to play out (partly because that's what they want to see) and then get disappointed if it turns out differently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »

People ignore the embargoes on the press centre spoilers because they are posted on a public site that all can see anyway. What's the point of posting them so all can see and then saying 'Oh but don't post these anywhere until the embargo lifts'?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Bib - indeed Chita - there's been lots more discussion/speculation on here regarding the Declan/Charity stuff than normal, and mostly it's good-natured and always interesting to hear what everyone thinks may happen.

It's not so much fun coming on these sites when we all know what's going happen and the threads just become xxx is rubbish and yyy is fab when we could be having proper theorising.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bib - indeed Chita - there's been lots more discussion/speculation on here regarding the Declan/Charity stuff than normal, and mostly it's good-natured and always interesting to hear what everyone thinks may happen.

It's not so much fun coming on these sites when we all know what's going happen and the threads just become xxx is rubbish and yyy is fab when we could be having proper theorising.

and its even worse if you come on here and don't know anything about something and everyone assumes everyone knows and something slips out without being hidden under spoiler tags!

:D:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    and its even worse if you come on here and don't know anything about something and everyone assumes everyone knows and something slips out without being hidden under spoiler tags!

:D:o

And trying to resist the temptation to click on those spoilers as well - I just can't help myself!
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since i'm not allowed to be very nasty or sarcastic the following is likely to be very bland or boring or both.
    Analyis Central Mini Synopsis of Ep

Megan is being interviewed by police she has a solicitor who talks
    Megan is accused of lots of things by the police and then gets into a huff and hit the police
    Cue Megan in even more trouble.
    Charity is very stressed by recent events
    She tells the police all about Megan
    Behind her back Declan casts doubt about Charity to the police.
    Even more behind her back Declan put poisons in the home farm bins and he is being suspicious, DS told me so in todays headlines.
    So they head off on holiday to a cottage far away in the mists of beyond.
    Elsewhere Jai evicts Robbie
    Nicola spectacularly quits on Jai.
    Priya shouts at Jai after finding out about him and Layla.
    She also isn't happy with Layla.
    Doug is still here much to the annoyance of Marlon and the delight of Layla.
    Doug wants to get back with Diane and is sad his daughter isn't still with Ashley.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling it could be Robbie, and this forces Declan to work with Megan to get revenge on Charity.
    It's Robbie.
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spoilers w/c 6th Oct (including MAJOR spoiler)
    6991 Monday 6 October 7pm – 7.30pm

The pressure mounts on Priya
    Jimmy goes behind Nicola’s back
    Doug’s ego takes over

6992/93 Tuesday 7 October 7pm – 8pm

Priya and Rakesh’s wedding day but will they go through with it?
    Rattled Charity faces her fears
    Nicola fights mixed emotions

6994 Wednesday 8 October 7pm – 7.30pm

Jimmy’s mind is made up
    Priya’s pleasantly surprised
    Charity’s far from passed her ordeal

6995 Thursday 9 October 7pm – 7.30pm

Megan grieves for Robbie at his funeral
    Nicola spooks Jimmy
    Doug lavishes the attention

6996 Friday 10 October 7pm – 7.30pm

Charity is frightened
    Ruby’s shocked to learn she’s been kept in the dark
    Moira’s concerns grow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Spoilers w/c 6th Oct (including MAJOR spoiler)
    Megan grieves for Robbie at his funeral

Phew. Keeping it secret was killing me :blush::D

T'daily won't be the same :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that there's no mention of
    Declan

I wonder what's up with
    Charity
    too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phew. Keeping it secret was killing me :blush::D

T'daily won't be the same :(
    I'm going to miss the banter on t'Daily :( To be honest though, no matter who it was we'd have lost either wig jokes, small jokes or horse jokes. That's a lot of Daily comedy material to go :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »
    I'm going to miss the banter on t'Daily :( To be honest though, no matter who it was we'd have lost either wig jokes, small jokes or horse jokes. That's a lot of Daily comedy material to go :D

Why, Oh why, couldn't it have been Jai.. or Ali.. or Ruby.. or Maurel.. or James.. they provide no entertainment on screen nor on the daily :(
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Oh no! So sad. :(
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why, Oh why, couldn't it have been Jai.. or Ali.. or Ruby.. or Maurel.. or James.. they provide no entertainment on screen nor on the daily :(

well to give some credit James does. I will miss
    Wiggy Sue :(
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a shame they've given it away now, so close to the event on Thursday, after successfully keeping it quiet for so long. Would've been a great surprise for the majority who didn't know.
  • Options
    jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know that I might be on my own, but I actually don't mind James now. Since they have seemly resolved the "who's the daddy" storyline, I think he has fitted in better.

Now if it was marlon I would be all for it, cause what a pain in the ass he is. Really wanted Doug to thump him one about the way he is going on about him staying with them. Also what was Diane going on about how brave he was in the siege, he was unconscious for most it.

Also why is Ross away for two months, but Marlon and his shrill only disappeared for a week!!! Should have been the other way around.
This discussion has been closed.