Options

Six weeks and still no name!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    Bela wrote: »
    Are you really equating what sounds like a one-off appearance on a quiz show with years of RTV filming? And the kids being taken on stage to perform like monkeys for their father's image? Really? :confused:

If KP were doing a RTV show in which the kids featured, then of course she's a major hypocrit (which everyone knows anyway, and very self-serving to boot) but if it's a one-off appearance then meh. ^_^

I do actually - if you want to keep them out of the public eye and off TV, then you do not take part in such a show. But as I said, I do not believe Katie will take part in it as it goes against the principles she claims to have and the reasons she gave for wanting them removed from TV.
  • Options
    pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Although I think the first BIB is stretching the point, I need to address why you are making the point in BIB 2 regarding my post as I don't think I've ever said that she isn't. Or are you still making that tired assumption that anti PA must equal pro KP, whatever overwhelming evidence is shown to the contrary?

And, btw, I'm someone who thinks kids should be kept out of the public eye at all times, though I accept the odd (and I mean once or twice) appearance at a movie premiere is just about ok. I think kids faces should be pixilated until they're old enough to make their own, informed decisions

Nothing personal intended , which is why there is a clear gap between my addressing your post and then making the simple statement of fact that if she uses them then she will be a hypocrite, it's just that simple .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I said anything about them being recognisable:confused:

My point was, imo, kids should not be filmed going about their every day lives, the public should not know what kids have for breakfast, how they're getting on at school, their hobbies etc etc. All things we don't know about child actors.

No need to tell me to face facts, as I said in an earlier post, if KP does have her kids in any type of RTV show then indeed, she is a massive hypocrite;-)

BIB you've lost me?:confused:

They weren't being pictured *going about their daily lives* though.
    They appeared for brief instances in a show about their father . They are his children ,therefore will be in his life ,simple as that :)
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I said anything about them being recognisable:confused:

My point was, imo, kids should not be filmed going about their every day lives, the public should not know what kids have for breakfast, how they're getting on at school, their hobbies etc etc. All things we don't know about child actors.

No need to tell me to face facts, as I said in an earlier post, if KP does have her kids in any type of RTV show then indeed, she is a massive hypocrite;-)

BIB you've lost me?:confused:

And nor should family holidays and days out involve a film crew tagging along. Quality time with your family should never be sold for public consumption, whoever the celeb/zeleb
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    I do actually - if you want to keep them out of the public eye and off TV, then you do not take part in such a show. But as I said, I do not believe Katie will take part in it as it goes against the principles she claims to have and the reasons she gave for wanting them removed from TV.

Precisely so .
    It isn't rocket science so debating it is pointless ,*if* she does it then she goes against her own declared principles and will look more ridiculous than ever .
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    polli wrote: »
    They weren't being pictured *going about their daily lives* though.
    They appeared for brief instances in a show about their father . They are his children ,therefore will be in his life ,simple as that :)

So I imagined them having breakfast, being read bed time stories, having family days out, going on holiday etc?

Yes they are in his life, doesn't mean he has to film them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And nor should family holidays and days out involve a film crew tagging along. Quality time with your family should never be sold for public consumption, whoever the celeb/zeleb

Why not ? Kp herself decreed that she loves all the old footage of their shows because it's like having loads of old family vids to look back on( or words to that effect .);-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not ? Kp herself decreed that she loves all the old footage of their shows because it's like having loads of old family vids to look back on( or words to that effect .);-)

Again, what on earth has that got to do with my post and why the wink? You're definitely confusing me with someone who gives a rats arse about KP. I don't like her, never have, never will - it's THAT simple and certainly not rocket science
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »

I think she will do it, but, as I said, if it's a one-off, then... no biggie in my book. Not remotely the same as what the ex does. And KP is a self-serving hypocrit regardless of whether she does this show or not, so, again, meh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I imagined them having breakfast, being read bed time stories, having family days out, going on holiday etc?

Yes they are in his life, doesn't mean he has to film them.
    If their daddy was making breakfast , reading to them or taking them on holiday with him then I doubt you imagined it . Peter's life includes him making breakfast and reading to them and taking them on holidays .They are his children and a massive part of his life.Not to show them would be like denying them .In my opinion .
  • Options
    Bunnygirl66Bunnygirl66 Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Okay I'm going to have to ask this..what does BIB mean? I keep seeing it in posts and have no idea! Sorry, forum dunce here ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay I'm going to have to ask this..what does BIB mean? I keep seeing it in posts and have no idea! Sorry, forum dunce here ;-)

Bit in bold :)
  • Options
    Bunnygirl66Bunnygirl66 Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Mrstim wrote: »
    Bit in bold :)

aah! I would never have got that! Thank you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If their daddy was making breakfast , reading to them or taking them on holiday with him then I doubt you imagined it . Peter's life includes him making breakfast and reading to them and taking them on holidays .They are his children and a massive part of his life.Not to show them would be like denying them .In my opinion .

But you said.........."They weren't being pictured *going about their daily lives* though."

I'd presume having breakfast, days out, hobbies were all part of daily life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think she will do it, but, as I said, if it's a one-off, then... no biggie in my book. Not remotely the same as what the ex does. And KP is a self-serving hypocrit regardless of whether she does this show or not, so, again, meh.

Precisely.

I feel like I'm going round in circles, my final word is, PA is a desperately greedy man with zero morals regarding his kids privacy & if KP does backtrack & does involve her kids in any RTV, then as well as being exactly the same, she is a gigantic hypocrite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Precisely.

I feel like I'm going round in circles, my final word is, PA is a desperately greedy man with zero morals regarding his kids privacy & if KP does backtrack & does involve her kids in any RTV, then as well as being exactly the same, she is a gigantic hypocrite.

Yes, RTV being the operative word. If, on the other hand she does this (what sounds like a) one-off appearance on a gameshow where her kids are also involved, then while it's hypocritical of her, considering her alleged stance on privacy for them, it's still not remotely the same as what the ex has done and still does. Not rocket science at all. :)
  • Options
    Lily WhiteLily White Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    IF Kp was doing a reality show. Except nobody is offering are they?
    She's still hawking the kids out on mags & twitter, Harvey was in her show when she had one, the kids aren't hidden, which kinda goes against what she said her stance was on the kids being in the public eye.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily White wrote: »
    She's still hawking the kids out on mags & twitter, Harvey was in her show when she had one, the kids aren't hidden, which kinda goes against what she said her stance was on the kids being in the public eye.

It'll be interesting to see what she does with Jett and Bunny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily White wrote: »

I think it was pretty much unanimously decided several years ago that she only said what she said to try and shame her ex into stopping having the kids on his show and that it wasn't for any genuine concern about their welfare. So of course she's a hypocrite and never really meant a word of it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, RTV being the operative word. If, on the other hand she does this (what sounds like a) one-off appearance on a gameshow where her kids are also involved, then while it's hypocritical of her, considering her alleged stance on privacy for them, it's still not remotely the same as what the ex has done and still does. Not rocket science at all. :)

Rtv is not the operative word though .
    She declared she wanted them removed from the spotlight to protect their privacy .The spotlight includes anything where they feature ,so if she does this show she will be a hypocrite .
    Besides ,reality tv is no longer an option since no one is offering it to her , so in that regard her declaration of wanting them private will be safe no thanks to her .
    A show featuring children will be her going against her avowed principles and will show her up as backtracking .It's just that simple .
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, not a bit of difference at all .

Child actors on nightly/daily tv shows with often extremely dodgy story lines will be far more recognisable than kids appearing briefly in their dad's tv show just being themselves without murder and mayhem going on around them . A show on for a mere 6 week run with one hour per week during which the kids appear briefly is a drop in the ocean compared to having them under the microscope on a show where THEY are being questioned/expected to interact .

Gotta face facts guys , if she does this her next tatt should be a huge letter *h* for hypocrite because that is what she will be .;-)

Did you feel the same when Pa took them on Big Star, Little Star?

Those kids are totally, completely, and utterly over-exposed. The fact that anyone, anywhere can type the phrase "The cameramen are like family to them" proves that more than anything else can.

Pa does it all the time - and is defended.

If kp puts them back on tv she will be a hypocrite. More importantly she too will be admitting to be nothing more than an Orange Media ****, willing to sell everything including her kids for publicity.

Anyone shocked? No?

I find it so much more interesting that she is being ripped to shreds for something that he is defended for...

Not the only hypocrite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was pretty much unanimously decided several years ago that she only said what she said to try and shame her ex into stopping having the kids on his show and that it wasn't for any genuine concern about their welfare. So of course she's a hypocrite and never really meant a word of it

Yes, for most people, that was unamimously agreed. Which is why this faux finger-wagging and charges of hypocrisy now are so lame.

What makes me laugh though is that if for some reason, she doesn't do this gameshow thing, it won't be because she decides she doesn't want the kids in the public eye, oh know! it'll be because the show decided not to use her because she's a has-been or some such reasoning. You know it'll happen! So either way, she can't win. ;-)

So she might as well do whatever it is she's offered and be hung for a sheep as for a lamb. :cool:
  • Options
    Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie announced that she was to withdraw her children from the public eye, so that should clearly include not posting pictures of the kids to 1.9m strangers on Twitter and x amount if strangers on Facebook, you're either withdrawing them from the public eye or you're not. It's really as simple as that. :)
  • Options
    Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *yawn*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you feel the same when Pa took them on Big Star, Little Star?

Those kids are totally, completely, and utterly over-exposed. The fact that anyone, anywhere can type the phrase "The cameramen are like family to them" proves that more than anything else can.

Pa does it all the time - and is defended.

If kp puts them back on tv she will be a hypocrite. More importantly she too will be admitting to be nothing more than an Orange Media ****, willing to sell everything including her kids for publicity.

Anyone shocked? No?

I find it so much more interesting that she is being ripped to shreds for something that he is defended for...

Not the only hypocrite.
    Why would I ? You are confused I think artless.He never declared he wished them kept under wraps .So why would his appearing with them on that be relevant to what his ex says she wants ?
    Kp declared she wanted them kept under wraps, so if she *unwraps* them in any form ,be it rtv, a telly show or a shoot then she has backtracked massively and would be a hypocrite .
This discussion has been closed.