Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeoBa92 wrote: »

What's so funny? the funny words?
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    Do you mean the 1,000s who are protesting in the streets ? Oh wait there not as the only protest in London was by Kurds. Madar Zahran a Muslim activist tried to organise a protest against ISIS and 50 people signed up. Contrast that to the millions worldwide who were up in arms about Danish cartoons.

heh they can organize at least 10,000 to protest against israel who legitimately were dealing with palestinian terrorists but as you say they cant organize anyone to protest against isil terrorists who threaten the world :kitty:
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Skyclaw726 wrote: »
    Hey..they don't have to ya know..if they don't speak out about it, it doesn't mean they approve of it. Do you hold this weird standard to Catholics and Christians when they do bad stuff? i bet you don't.

Perhaps you could point us in the general direction of a Catholic or Christian religiously motivated terrorist bomb attack, beheading or honour killing that has taken place recently?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two. Two out of how many?! Absolutely disgraceful >:( Why aren't they all condemning these brutes?!

Is it even possible that you thought Electra meant that only two Muslims have condemned Isis in the UK? I find that literally unbelievable. Of COURSE if someone posts two links to Muslim community leaders it does not mean that they are suggesting that no one else gave a damn. Good grief, honestly.
    Flat Matt wrote: »

Many of them spoke out for the first time in support for Alan Henning. Alan Henning being a man who works for a Muslim charity, of course. They only got involved when a man linked with their damn religion was threatened.
    You are quite wrong. Large groups of Muslims - the Muslim Council, the Ramadam foundation, leaders of every major Muslim group in the UK - have been speaking out about Isis since at least August. And what a pathetic thing, to try and argue that they only started to dislike beheadings when they involved someone working for a Muslim charity. A two minute search online would have shown you innumerable public statements condemning Isis by Muslim organisations, reaching back over months. Sorry if I am trampling on your ignorant prejudice here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    What's so funny? the funny words?

Haha. Good one... I must be a racist, right?

You obviously haven't read some of the comments on the thread then.
  • Options
    My usernamesMy usernames Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the 'party line' is to say that these murderers don't represent true Islam , but is that true? It seems to me that it is a violent regressive belief system which resists evolving and seeks to subjugate the world by sucking us all into ideological bloodthirsty warfare. The bleating of ' moderate muslims' is always too little too late and unconvincing at best . When will western governments learn Muslim extremists do not respond to diplomatic negotiation because they do not believe in compromise only death and glory. We cannot reason with people whose value system does not value human life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps you could point us in the general direction of a Catholic or Christian religiously motivated terrorist bomb attack, beheading or honour killing that has taken place recently?

Well the Catholic church has a big child sex thing going and i see no one demanding all Catholics condemn it. The lords resistance army is christian and they rape, mutilate, abduct and use children as sex slaves and soldiers.
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Hey..they don't have to ya know..if they don't speak out about it, it doesn't mean they approve of it. Do you hold this weird standard to Catholics and Christians when they do bad stuff? i bet you don't.

The whole country united against the EDL but British Muslims don't seem to care when the shoe is on the other foot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That sounds like an extremely good idea.

I want to know what our government is going to do about the problem we have with Islam in this country... besides spouting the usual bollocks about Islam being a "religion of peace."

Agreed. It is the religion of hatred and oppression and I would like to see it completely banned in this country. The fact that this jihadist is from soft-touch Britain is absolutely awful but doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wonder what might happen if you were to mix a medieval barbaric religion with a liberal 21st-century Western society? I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

Next week on BBC2: Escape to the Caliphate. A wishy-washy, blinkered, do-gooding liberal couple from Islington with a budget of £750,000 search for a rural retreat in northern Iraq. Hoping for a warm welcome from the locals, they make plans for the first multicultural B&B in the country. How will things work out?

It's a wonder more hasn't gone wrong.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imagine how Alan Henning himself would have felt if he knew people were fantasising about killing innocent civilians for no reason other than that their towns and villages have been overrun by Isis.

No one has been 'remarkably quiet'. You must surely have seen the number of Muslim leaders and organisations who have spoken out against Isis, condemned them utterly and pleaded with them to release the hostages. Why are you lying and pretending that they have not?

I agree and nor are the government ignoring the problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was trying to illustrate - in terms that were clearly too subtle for some people - how mixing up cultures that simply don't mix, simply doesn't work.

Which is why we have people who were born here cutting off the heads of other people who were born here. In Syria/Iraq. Now do you get it?

No. I really doubt that the man/ men doing the beheading would count liberalism as an influence or motivating factor. And I can't for the life of me see that excessive 'mixing' is likely to have been a factor either. I live in a 'mixed' community, and crime is low and public satisfaction high. Racist political parties always do appallingly because we are mixed and not separated, so there is little in the way of ignorant prejudice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha. Good one... I must be a racist, right?

You obviously haven't read some of the comments on the thread then.

Most of them were outraged/upset over the beheading and condeming IS while a few were being idiots. so which were you laughing at?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    The whole country united against the EDL but British Muslims don't seem to care when the shoe is on the other foot.

Apart from the ones that have spoken out against IS and have a functioning brain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Most of them were outraged/upset over the beheading and condeming IS while a few were being idiots. so which were you laughing at?

The few being idiots. Obviously.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People always say it's nothing to do with Islam but yet you don't see actions consistently happening from Christians. Face up to it, it is a problem within the Muslim world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I disagree. I wouldn't like to be him when America takes him onto their land.

Oh yea they will kill him but not out of a sense of justice but to get votes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The few being idiots. Obviously.

Might be an idea to say that in the first place then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just repeating the same lie over and over again doesn't make it true. EVERY major Muslim organisation in the UK has been speaking up against Isis for months now. Somehow I feel that nothing would ever convince you that people 'care' because you are not interested in the truth, just in what supports your need to hate.
  • Options
    iris beaconiris beacon Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    That Muslim kids are just as savvy and as secretive as all kids! It can be as simple as that.

It can be as simple as that, yes. But parents can be tech-savvy too, and as a rule, nobody knows their kids better. There's bound to be some who've noticed what their kids are up to.

It doesn't have to start with the parents catching their kid surfing a jihadi site. It could start with the kid spouting an out-of-character opinion at the dinner table, the parents are puzzled, and decide to investigate further.

Young people don't always have great impulse control, particularly when they are passionate about something. The radicalisation and fanaticism probably manifests itself in behavioural changes which the parents will (or should?) pick up on, even if the kid thinks they're doing a good job of hiding it. I can't see it being possible to completely hide something like this from their families, at least not forever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just repeating the same lie over and over again doesn't make it true. EVERY major Muslim organisation in the UK has been speaking up against Isis for months now. Somehow I feel that nothing would ever convince you that people 'care' because you are not interested in the truth, just in what supports your need to hate.

I'm sure some people think Muslims are the Borg..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Might be an idea to say that in the first place then.

I'm sorry writing 'lol (at some of the comments on the thread)' wasn't clear enough...

Why did you insinuate I found some words 'funny' as opposed to parts of the thread content?
  • Options
    LockesLockes Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    Ok I know its all a bit Jack Bauer but if the Americans really know who Jihad John is why are his family not being interrogated, its times like this when I think we should fight fire with fire, how would John feel if we took members of his family hostage and use them as a bargaining tool to release the hostages in Syria,

Silly I know but sometimes I wonder if we had the bollocks to do it maybe they wouldnt want to run of to Syria so readily if they knew their families would be held accountable
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly ............if they've grown up with strict/over protective parents all their lives they will have no doubt become very adept at hiding what they don't want their parents to know.

They will hide their intentions of course.

I have to question the Mosque schools and what happens in them? We do not like some of the aspects of them. I put something a couple of weeks ago or so about a child in our school who was taught to tear out a church image in paper that included the word HELL. I did not see it, I was told about it from the office staff who were mortified by it.

It sounds trivial but this is a young 6 year old child :confused:
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    I'v changed my mind about sending troops in on the ground, If IS can persuade a thousand Brits to up root their lives and go over there to fight they would have no problem convincing another thousand in this country to start a mass killing spree, we need our army here to defend this country.

Would they really be that stupid? There are a hell of a lot more of 'us' than there are of 'them'.