Options

Shocking scores tonight !!! First 10 of the Serie ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Twenty10Twenty10 Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    He's singing

Oh? When did he take up singing then?
  • Options
    Twenty10Twenty10 Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    janehobbs1 wrote: »
    Every time a rubbish dancer is on Len says 'at least you came out and gave it a go' and gives them 5 along with Bruno and Darcey. Well that's what I thought until Bruno gave Scott 6!

I get really fed up with Len always saying this.

'You came out and gave it a go. Well done!'

Aw, shut up. The dance was abysmal.
  • Options
    sugarlequesnesugarlequesne Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    Why were people treating Donny Osmond like he was a music god. He was the cute face in one of the cringiest boybands of all time. Now he's some kind of 'legend'. Bleeugh.

In other news: Darcey Bland, Ghastly Goodman and Baby Bruno should be taken back to nursery school and taught to that there are numbers below 5 - their marking is torally ridiculous and means that it's only Craig who sorts out any kind of order
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie's Paso really was brilliant though.

Donny won't have another chance to use that 10 paddle. I don't blame him:)
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have given up on any expectation of realistic scoring. I just hope that they will get the top four and bottom four mostly right at this stage of the competiton which in fairness to the panel they mostly do.
  • Options
    smudesmude Posts: 17,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have given up on any expectation of realistic scoring. I just hope that they will get the top four and bottom four mostly right at this stage of the competiton which in fairness to the panel they mostly do.
    There is no chance they will give below a 5 if we are into week 4.
    It's wrong that the rest are relying on Craig to get the order right.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It all feels a bit flat this year - the top 4 perhaps 5 now after Sunetra and Brendan's performance yesterday are easy to spot but the rest are pretty meh but without the redemption of interesting 'characters' to lighten the load (Dave and Mark come to mind from last year) who create a bit of fun whilst we are waiting for the more accomplished dancers to perform. Last night, for example, far too much of it was like watching paint dry. This state of affairs should improve as the duffers are eliminated but duffers need to be fun to work well on a show like Strictly. This lot seem particularly wooden - it's like watching clockwork mannequins perform although I fear I might be doing an injustice to inanimate objects here.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig is the only judge who scores fairly imo.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,509
    Forum Member
    I kind of resent Donny giving the first 10 away in Week 1.

One of the best parts of the Strictly experience is waiting, as the weeks progress and the 9s stack up, for the first 10 to appear. To have it in Week 3 on a dance that, whilst very good, wasn't spectacular, makes it feel very anti-climactic.

The only interesting thing about the 10 appearing in Week 3 is that we now have tie (with Louisa & Vincent all the way back in Series 4) for earliest 10 of the competition. Technically, L&V still hold the record as that was only their second dance (courtesy of the dreaded "gender split" format)
  • Options
    sambadansambadan Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amateurish marking by Donny.
    Not all that much better from the other four.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twenty10 wrote: »

:):)Well actually hes says, you came aught, gave it your best, and entertained us, that's what its all abart'. Turning to the audience 'oh shut up you lot;,

And I'm finding Darcy's comments on some of the male celebs physique sick making. This is a woman who danced with some of the most primed physical specimens in the ballet world ever who could carry their partners around on their little fingers. Please someone stop her going on about Steve's arms.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Why were people treating Donny Osmond like he was a music god. He was the cute face in one of the cringiest boybands of all time. Now he's some kind of 'legend'. Bleeugh.

Only in this country is he treated as such. Goodness knows why as he's just a smug git.
  • Options
    solarpenguinsolarpenguin Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    It all feels a bit flat this year - the top 4 perhaps 5 now after Sunetra and Brendan's performance yesterday are easy to spot but the rest are pretty meh but without the redemption of interesting 'characters' to lighten the load (Dave and Mark come to mind from last year) who create a bit of fun whilst we are waiting for the more accomplished dancers to perform.

Tim seems to be fitting into that interesting/fun role. And Greg would've been good for it too, if he hadn't been voted out at the start.

OTOH Tim isn't right for it at all, but the producers keep trying to force him into it.
  • Options
    solarpenguinsolarpenguin Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Twenty10 wrote: »

Came out and gave it a go, as opposed to all those other contestants all hiding locked in their dressing rooms? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig is the only judge who scores fairly imo.

Definitely agree with you
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Frankie was good, but in no way did she deserve a 10. Its only the third dance so none of the celebs are anywhere near that standard. Frankie didn't have that sharpness that a Paso needs, because she isn't experienced enough yet. It made a mockery of the whole thing, and rendered future 10s meaningless. A 10 means perfect, and it wasn't.
  • Options
    Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,240
    Forum Member
    Donny was so annoying. When it got to the second hour of the show I had to mute him. I hope there are no more guest judges this series.
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    toyboysmum wrote: »
    The whole show is a laughable embarrassment - I loathe Movie Week, way too many gimmicks.

Me too. I was really hoping Scott would go - but fans kept him in. I didn't think Jenny was that bad but she has no fan base and the choreography wasn't that interesting. I did also think that Judy showed a bit of improvement.

I'm giving it one or two more weeks before I give up. Hate the judges' entrance, really think the guest judge was a waste of time and really don't care much for Tess and Claudia although the program does move along a bit better. They seem to be making it more like Dancing with the Stars.

Think they should cut all the gimmicks and get back to basics.
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    lynniebe wrote: »
    Frankie was good, but in no way did she deserve a 10. Its only the third dance so none of the celebs are anywhere near that standard. Frankie didn't have that sharpness that a Paso needs, because she isn't experienced enough yet. It made a mockery of the whole thing, and rendered future 10s meaningless. A 10 means perfect, and it wasn't.

Absolutely! I really didn't think her paso was as good as Susanna's last year.