Options

Question Time 23/10/2014

Comments

• Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,735
    Forum Member
    Brian McVey ....... any relation to Esther? He has a Liverpudlian accent too.
  • Options
    SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    So far, seems as if they've dragged in a predominantly left wing audience tonight. Probably also sprinkled with the usual lefty anti UKIP political activists. Louise Bours might be in for a hard night.............
  • Options
    LenkaLenka Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    No surprise there
    UKIP do not have a policy on capital punishment but lets have a referendum
    /what else do UKIP propose we have a referendum on?

Well, hate to say this but if UKIP had a policy pro capital punishment and it meant those vile men from Rochdale would be first in the queue followed by the officials who let the girls down, I would vote UKIP.
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Len's doing his commie soap box bit now.
  • Options
    RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lenka wrote: »
    IMO, yes. However, the killing of a police officer, well how many criminals would that officer have put away in his/her career? I wonder if that has a bearing on the differentiation.

You can't have a two tier justice system. Murder is murder whoever gets killed. Person A's life isn't worth any more or any less than the life of person B. It's a fundamental principle of our legal system that all are equal; in the eyes of the law.
  • Options
    Phil_CoulthardPhil_Coulthard Posts: 2,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Tories North of Brum???

William Hague and Baroness Warsi they're both northern
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    You can't have a two tier justice system. Murder is murder whoever gets killed. Person A's life isn't worth any more or any less than the life of person B. It's a fundamental principle of our legal system that all are equal; in the eyes of the law.

Blooming heck, I was only wondering at the reason for differentiating:confused:
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cor what was that noise?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me or does Len McCluskey look like Michael Gove?
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cor what was that noise?

Sounded like a machine gun!
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Sounded like gunshots in the background there. Not another canadian parliament event is it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Tories North of Brum???

William Hague and Baroness Warsi they're both northern

Yes but it is ok to lie about Tories, Mcclusky first line of defence.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Sounded more like someone banging on a metal gate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Canned.
  • Options
    pcawthronpcawthron Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I know I do not like Flint, but she always used to look after herself, she looks haggard.

Horrible Northern brass.
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,049
    Forum Member
    angarrack wrote: »
    It would.

I can remember when the show came to my area a while ago. In the forefront of the audience could be seen many of the political obsessives and activists that frequent the letters columns of the local papers.

That's kind of the local papers to print photographs of their readers along side the letters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blooming heck, I was only wondering at the reason for differentiating:confused:

Wasn't aimed as a criticism of you personally. Just stating why I believe it to be a bad thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounded more like someone banging on a metal gate.

They really like Flintoff.
  • Options
    SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    That strange noise made more sense than anything that hag Caroline Flint might say tonight!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stegan wrote: »
    That strange noise made more sense than anything that hag Caroline Flint might say tonight!!!

But Liverpool love her, never heard applause like that before. Here she goes talking over the Tory:o
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JELLIES0 wrote: »
    But Labour usually get any easy time on QT. There is almost always a very noisy majority of Labour supporters on QT and always lots of applause for anyone criticising the Tories.

It is what we have come to expect. What went wrong last week ?

Labour usually gets a harder time, if anything. Dimbleby interrupts and undermines them more. The panel is usually loaded towards the right, with the coalition parties usually getting two seats, often joined by a right wing commentator of some sort.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    Wasn't aimed as a criticism of you personally. Just stating why I believe it to be a bad thing.

Ok,:)

But how come there are always three lefties to two righties?
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,049
    Forum Member
    Stegan wrote: »

Did you not agree with her views on life should mean life for killers?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    Labour usually gets a harder time, if anything. Dimbleby interrupts and undermines them more. The panel is usually loaded towards the right, with the coalition parties usually getting two seats, often joined by a right wing commentator of some sort.

Err I don't think I agree, normally I see the Right get mauled, last week was probably the first time I have ever seen a balanced audience.
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has the ukip song been brought up yet? :p