Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "If you can fix a skateboard, you can fix a bike. If you can fix a bike you can fix a car. If you can fix a car you can fix a helicopter. If you can fix a..."

SHUT UP! JUST... SHUT... UP!! >:(

Why are Royal Navy adverts so incredibly irritating?

It's the voice over.
    To me he sounds like he's a youth worker spinning a load of positive reinforcement nonsense.
    Fine for yobs and nohoper teenagers but to adults it sounds like we're being talked down to.
  • Options
    Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    Another vote for the Quidco advert. Cringe worthy beyond belief. And so it that utterly banal Gala Bingo ad..... they ought to have found people who can actually sing.... :cool:
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Travelodge — Are you sitting comfortably— Don't get up and go — Take the kids, leave the kids, make more kids, there no sleep till bedtime Argggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    One good reason, as far as I am concerned, NOT to stay at a Travelodge — Screaming kids
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    It's Cadbury.

The acting is bad because they have to pretend that Paddy McGuinness is funny. No one's that good an actor.

I think I noticed the Padster popping up again in the latest Ant and Dec advert for Text Santa last night. He must be third in ITVs affections after A&D and Keith Lemon.
  • Options
    Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    It's the voice over.
    To me he sounds like he's a youth worker spinning a load of positive reinforcement nonsense.

Fine for yobs and nohoper teenagers but to adults it sounds like we're being talked down to.
    Either that or he's just trying to sound butch. :cool:
  • Options
    Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it a nightmare or is there really an advert that goes:

Whoooo-oooooooooooo-oooooooooooo Sequin Art!
    Whoooo-oooooooooooo-oooooooooooo Sequin Art! Sequin Art!
    Whoooo-oooooooooooo-oooooooooooo Sequin Art!
  • Options
    Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tarot wrote: »
    I think I noticed the Padster popping up again in the latest Ant and Dec advert for Text Santa last night. He must be third in ITVs affections after A&D and Keith Lemon.

Minutes of the ITV casting department meeting:

Shall we get Ant & Dec to do it? No they're too busy.
    What about Keith Lemon? He's doing the stuff Ant & Dec turned down
    Holly Willoughby? Nah, she's pregnant again.
    Okay then, call Paddy McGuinness.
  • Options
    AnonandonAnonandon Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    It is a Snow Leopard - Why dont you just stop watching them?? That is why remote controls were invented - you arent meant to gaze at adverts all day and night.....Everyone finds adverts annoying, you watch them once maybe - why not flip to BBC News during ad breaks?
    I signed up for this as they promised to send me "a cuddly baby snow leopard." But all I got was a stupid stuffed toy! Total ripoff.
  • Options
    blightyearblightyear Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Dear Advertisers and Retailers; Black Friday is an AMERICAN thing. It's not a BRITISH thing. We don't have THANKSGIVING on a Thurdsay and we don't pile into the shops the following day to bag a bargain. so BOG OFF with your transatlantic nonsense.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    The Unilever Project Sunlight advert with the earnest little madam preaching.

GO AWAY!
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blightyear wrote: »
    Dear Advertisers and Retailers; Black Friday is an AMERICAN thing. It's not a BRITISH thing. We don't have THANKSGIVING on a Thurdsay and we don't pile into the shops the following day to bag a bargain. so BOG OFF with your transatlantic nonsense.

Just about to say this. This has really touched a nerve with me >:( do the retailers not think we have enough events in this country around this time of year? Obviously not the way they're pushing this ridiculous Americanism that doesn't even make sense to us...
  • Options
    SarahKSarahK Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Waitrose ad with the little boy and the gingerbread. Talk about 1st world problems. That poor overworked but underpaid shop worker is being harassed by this kid struggling to make flipping gingerbread.

I really hate the song they've used as well.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I let out a loud "f*** off" when the Currys Black Friday ad came on!
  • Options
    Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm all for Black Friday here in the UK. It is basically the new Boxing Day sales - if your under thirty you probably don't know what I mean but ask anyone over thirty and they will tell you that before the mid 90's the Boxing Day sales was a massive thing, people would want to be at Tandy, Woolworths, Marks & Spencers, BHS ect for the doors opening as almost everything would have 10-50% off.

Sadly since the mid 90's boxing day has just become another shopping day with store having a few special offers, pretty much like every other day of the year.

Although I do have a serious question for those who have posted something along the lines of, "Black Friday is an American thing, not British so we don't want it", Why does it bug you so much?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for Black Friday here in the UK. It is basically the new Boxing Day sales - if your under thirty you probably don't know what I mean but ask anyone over thirty and they will tell you that before the mid 90's the Boxing Day sales was a massive thing, people would want to be at Tandy, Woolworths, Marks & Spencers, BHS ect for the doors opening as almost everything would have 10-50% off.

Sadly since the mid 90's boxing day has just become another shopping day with store having a few special offers, pretty much like every other day of the year.

Although I do have a serious question for those who have posted something along the lines of, "Black Friday is an American thing, not British so we don't want it", Why does it bug you so much?

Instigating stampedes by consumers is not a good idea. People tend to die.
  • Options
    Sandgrounder1Sandgrounder1 Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I let out a loud "f*** off" when the Currys Black Friday ad came on!

Can I be the first on here to wish everyone aVery Happy Black Friday?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Unilever Project Sunlight advert with the earnest little madam preaching.

GO AWAY!

Quoting myself here, but I just wanted to add that I've just seen this ad again, and even worse than the little Brit madam, is the ultra annoying American one who's blubbering. F OFF.
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnan wrote: »
    Still sick of these charity tear jerkers. How much of your monthly donation goes anywhere near the poor old snow donkey or whatever it's for?

These ads should be stopped.

As far as I'm aware no where else in Europe does the viewer have to endure patronising begging from so called charities, as for save the children they can go do one for paying for a gala banquet for that odious rancid scumbag Blair just to give him an award, he profited from the Iraq/Afghan wars and the subsequent deaths of countless British squaddies so it's a fecking cheek knowing charity donations was used to pay for this vie scummy parasitie and wife to stuff their faces.

The latest Hotpoint advert with that Hint who shacked up with that ugly baldy from MasterbationChef is rather irritating.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Very.co.uk advert is annoying me with that background music.

An advert I quite like is the Premier Inn. I find it quite relaxing and nice to watch.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anonandon wrote: »
    I signed up for this as they promised to send me "a cuddly baby snow leopard." But all I got was a stupid stuffed toy!.

Ha ha, excellent!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rfonzo wrote: »
    That Very.co.uk advert is annoying me with that background music.

An advert I quite like is the Premier Inn. I find it quite relaxing and nice to watch.

Haha, I'm currently obsessed by that tune, I love it and can't get enough! ('Thimbles' by Beuys Toys, for other enthusiasts).
  • Options
    NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The freederm ad with the flying cartoon duck ughhhhh
  • Options
    best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elena wrote: »
    Just about to say this. This has really touched a nerve with me >:( do the retailers not think we have enough events in this country around this time of year? Obviously not the way they're pushing this ridiculous Americanism that doesn't even make sense to us...

Include the greedy, delusional ***** who go shopping at midnight for stuff they don't actually want. A 32" Polaroid telly for £89. Big deal. 'Well, we really needed another TV. We can put it in the garden shed.'

And I see the usual suspects were at it in London. Made it look like a quiet night in Ferguson. Good excuse for looting, I suppose.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    elena wrote: »
    Oh dear - this morning's news, police protecting shops against brainless sheep fighting over their pathetic 'Black Friday bargains'.

Fast forward five years in the UK - Thanksgiving Day food, cards, presents, everything except the day off!
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4Dman wrote: »
    Oh dear - this morning's news, police protecting shops against brainless sheep fighting over their pathetic 'Black Friday bargains'.

Fast forward five years in the UK - Thanksgiving Day food, cards, presents, everything except the day off!

well thanksgiving should be just as much an English tradition as American
This discussion has been closed.