Options

This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 21**

Comments

• Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance he'll be so knackered by Saturday that he'll fall asleep and miss the show?
    Ha ha :D
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine too. Had to watch it back before I realised it wasn't actually choreographed. What a pro. Mind you, I had to watch Jake and Janette back before I realised it was actually choreographed. Then I went for counselling.

Just rewind to Pasha and the hat, it will sort out all ills:D
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to appreciate whoever it was that pointed out that with that hair do, Janette looked like Edwina Currie.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sueh21 wrote: »
    Lol! You had better read his Twitter feed then, he is already doing his sales pitch to get to the final. Apparently he is going to work every hour this week on his dance:D

Of course, I had to go off to Twitter to have a look. Bleuuuurrrrghhh.

First of all, I don't want to see a picture of him in his underpants, even if they are Armani. He doesn't model for them. Armani uses the likes of Beckham, Ronaldo and Nadal to show off its wares.

Secondly, I have been exposed to a torrent of smarmy tweets.
    Week to ensure I perform amazingly for you all. Let's get the under dog to the final !! Hat a dream !!

*Reaches for the Motilium.*
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hat a dream, indeed.
  • Options
    AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see a 3 line whip situation forming .......... Triple nans to the front row next Saturday
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slowely but very surely Kevin is putting me right of watching my favourite show . Last night took the bloody biscuit with his hysertical jive . No concern at all for Frankie having to cope with it
    Just look at me , me, me , me me me me me me me meeeeee
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    Just rewind to Pasha and the hat, it will sort out all ills:D

I liked his little tassel swinging head move when they were called safe :blush:
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *wanders in, mutters quietly* I'd really like Simon and Kristina to win, he's got really good (and isn't MDF or TTF, which are both big plus points) and her routines have been really good, and generally much less desperate, plus I think she'll explode in excitement *hands in DOT badge and backs out of thread*

I wouldn't feel robbed if Simon and Kristina won. Simon has grown on me esp. since he wisely got shot of that silly gorilla crest hairstyle, and I'd be pleased for Kristina. I think she's hardworking and genuine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't feel robbed if Simon and Kristina won. Simon has grown on me esp. since he wisely got shot of that silly gorilla crest hairstyle, and I'd be pleased for Kristina. I think she's hardworking and genuine.

It's funny - I wouldn't mind Frankie winning because I don't want to penalise her for her pro partner but on the other hand, I'd rather Jake not win because of the message it would send out about the calibre of the pros used which I know is unfair.

But it's either Simon or Caroline all the way for me - and they do seem to have the most equal partnerships of the celebs left.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm rooting for Caroline but I'm not sure they'll let her win because of the Dancing on Wheels thing. I like Jake as much as I dislike Janette and what she's done with him so that's a tricky one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without a doubt worst win all round would be Mark.
    Unpleasant personality, not really that good a dancer, and I really dislike most of what Karen has choreographed. Not to mention her goat wrangling legs which I now find draw my eye all the time.

Anyone else winning I could live with, I would rather Frankie didn't win as I think the whole Clifton thing would be unbearable next year
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    Without a doubt worst win all round would be Mark.
    Unpleasant personality, not really that good a dancer, and I really dislike most of what Karen has choreographed. Not to mention her goat wrangling legs which I now find draw my eye all the time.

Anyone else winning I could live with, I would rather Frankie didn't win as I think the whole Clifton thing would be unbearable next year

But wouldn't that mean a guaranteed duffer? Runner up and winner in 2 years and then another contender would make it look like James Jordan has a point :o:D. Also, a thought to snuggle with - no pro has won twice so at least it would get it out the way ;-)
  • Options
    Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »
    But wouldn't that mean a guaranteed duffer? Runner up and winner in 2 years and then another contender would make it look like James Jordan has a point :o:D. Also, a thought to snuggle with - no pro has won twice so at least it would get it out the way ;-)

But there have been a few pros that have never won and eventually buggered off. I would quite like him to fall into that category.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kmc1978 wrote: »
    But there have been a few pros that have never won and eventually buggered off. I would quite like him to fall into that category.

I get the impression he will be harder to shift than Anton ;-). If he's gonna win, might as well get it over with so he can take up the steering the duffer around duties.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Not only is he going for the 'underdog' narrative he's also tweeted this -

Mark Wright @MarkWright_ · 2h 2 hours ago

Once again reading your tweets I want to say thankyou thankyou thankyou for all your amazing words. It feels so humbling to have you all x

It's Uriah Heep, Shamela Stephenson and Lina Lamont all combined. He truly is a class act in utter shamelessness. In many ways it's quite impressive.
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the way Simon's contribution to baby/nan/mum wars is a very normal-looking teenage daughter who's clearly teetering between pride and embarrassment and a very non-showbiz mum who's just glad he's got a steady job <3

The bit I specially unappreciated in the Zorba tango was the bit at the beginning where Jake was shouting GERTCHA! or whatever it was, while Janette went round the tables doing an impersonation of Angie Watts.
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Spratt wrote: »
    I like the way Simon's contribution to baby/nan/mum wars is a very normal-looking teenage daughter who's clearly teetering between pride and embarrassment and a very non-showbiz mum who's just glad he's got a steady job <3

The bit I specially unappreciated in the Zorba tango was the bit at the beginning where Jake was shouting GERTCHA! or whatever it was, while Janette went round the tables doing an impersonation of Angie Watts.

Was she collecting the empty glasses or drinking vodka?
  • Options
    eveningstareveningstar Posts: 19,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry, and you can unappreciate the question if it's been asked a million times before, but what do MDF annd TTF stand for? I can work out who, but not the meaning.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Wright @MarkWright_ · 2h 2 hours ago

Once again reading your tweets I want to say thankyou thankyou thankyou for all your amazing words. It feels so humbling to have you all x

He's "had" rather a few by all accounts ^_^
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry, and you can unappreciate the question if it's been asked a million times before, but what do MDF annd TTF stand for? I can work out who, but not the meaning.
    Thanks.

Mark Does Fake

Tiny Tree Frog
  • Options
    RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.

Tiny Tree Frog - so named for Kevin jumping across the floor like a frog across lilypads in one of his dances last year.

MDF - Mark as (we consider him) he's as fake and polished like the material.
  • Options
    eveningstareveningstar Posts: 19,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Mark Does Fake

Tiny Tree Frog

Thank you, I particularly enjoy the TTF :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TTF from last year tiny tree frog, from leaping over the lily pads is Kevin , can also at times be KFG Kevin From Grimsby

MDF Mark does fake from a rather wooden and fake performance.

The Grims include JFG or FFG joanne from Grimsby or female from Grimsby and Karen otherwise the goat wrangler due to the unfortunate things she does with her legs.

I think that is everyone currently 😃
    Oops slow typer I see everyone else got in first
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Completely unappreciating that if it wasn't for the bloody Waltzathon all the celeb finalists could get to the final having done all 14 styles of dance. As a viewer that would be far more satisfying.
This discussion has been closed.