ITV
    4:20 - Elf
    5:20 - You've Been Framed!
    5:50 - For The Love Of Dogs
    6:50 - ITV News & Weather
    7 - Emmerdale
    8 - Coronation Street
    9 - Downton Abbey
    I wonder if the BBC will decide after realising. ITV wont swap put Mrs Brown in between two parts of Eastenders.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Shame BBC blinked first with the EastEnders clash, two episodes could have really helped it this year. I'm stopped caring about the scheduling now, there's a lot of programmes on that I want to watch and that's the important thing. They're never going to schedule how we think they should anyway, for a variety of reasons, some of which might even be valid.

(One thing I really don't like though is Call the Midwife into Miranda, I love both programmes but if they have to be on the same night they should be far apart given that they share an actress.)
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Also Elf would be better at 17.50 with Love of Dogs earlier. Dogs and Queen Garden go together better.
    Or even YBF at 4.20 with Dogs at 4.50.
  • Options
    JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new schedules are worse on both sides IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shame BBC blinked first with the EastEnders clash, two episodes could have really helped it this year. I'm stopped caring about the scheduling now, there's a lot of programmes on that I want to watch and that's the important thing. They're never going to schedule how we think they should anyway, for a variety of reasons, some of which might even be valid.

(One thing I really don't like though is Call the Midwife into Miranda, I love both programmes but if they have to be on the same night they should be far apart given that they share an actress.)
    I read the BBC have a rule two following programmes cant have the same star so that may have to change.
  • Options
    Ryan_HRyan_H Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    johnnymc wrote: »
    This statement is very different to the factual information given by less biased posters. It sounds like BBC TWO was beaten by Channel 5 when it clearly wasn't between 9 - 10pm. Why post that it was beaten other than to make it appear than Channel 5 was third ahead of Channel 4 and BBC TWO when it was clearly wasn't at 9pm. It only gained advantage between 10 and 11pm out with peaktime.

Thanks to DMN for providing clear figures and unbiased reporting unlike Dancc who is blinded by Channel 5 performance all the time at the error of sound judgement.

Again, Dan's post IS factual. It did, as proven my DMN beat BBC2 over its timeslot. It's timeslot was not 9-10pm. Why is that so difficult for you to comprehend? Instead of trying to pick fault with every post he make, why don't you take a second and understand what has been posted properly. Dan does criticise c5 for poor performance when necessary and often does so. He prefers that channel as I'm sure most have channels they watch more than others but I've never considered his posts baised.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC1 will be obliterated on Christmas Eve. And that Christmas Day schedule looks weak with an hour of EastEnders and Miranda opposite Coronation Street. Mrs Brown's Boys to definitely win Christmas Day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV Boxing Day update:

6.45 ITV News
    7.00 Emmerdale
    7.30 Coronation Street
    8.30 Birds of a Feather
    9.00 Bradley's Christmas Cracker

No 90 minute CS anymore. But Corrie clashes with EE at 8pm.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,290
    Forum Member
    Christmas Eve

BBC One

18:25 Toy Story 3
    20:00 Eastenders
    20:30 Professor Branestawm
    21:30 Not Going Out
    22:15 Vicar of Dibley

ITV

19:00 Emmerdale
    19:30 Coronation Street
    20:00 Skyfall
    22:45 ITV News

Christmas Day

BBC One

15:10 Puss in Boots
    16:40 BBC News
    17:00 Strictly Come Dancing
    18:15 Doctor Who
    19:15 Call the Midwife
    20:30 Miranda
    21:00 Eastenders
    22:00 Mrs Browns Boys
    22:40 Michael McIntyre

ITV

15:10 The Queens Garden
    16:10 ITV News
    16:20 Elf: Buddy's Musical Christmas
    17:20 You've Been Framed at Christmas
    17:50 Paul O'Grady: For the Love of Dogs
    18:50 ITV News
    20:00 Coronation Street
    21:00 Downton Abbey

Boxing Day

BBC One

18:30 The Boy in a Dress
    19:30 Still Open All Hours
    20:30 Avengers Assemble

ITV

20:30 Birds of a Feather
    21:00 Bradley's Christmas Cracker
    22:00 Through the Keyhole
    EastEnders & Corrie down to clash on Boxing Day at Present then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If this Schedule sticks than Mrs Brown will top the day as Corrie will dent Miranda.
    EastEnders could be up year on year through unless it is up the preceding two weeks I think it will down year on year.
    The Corrie/EastEnders clash will change on Boxing day as well. Either Corrie will move 7.30 and 8.30 or EastEnders will move to 7 or 8.30.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    The junctions will align.

The new schedules are still not what it'll end up as IMHO.

I think it's only you who are certain there'll be a 5.05 and 6.20pm start time for BBC1. BBC1 do not need to use these times that you suggest. Their big shows (all of them) start before ITV's do. For instance Puss in Boots finishes after ELF starts. Strictly starts before O'Grady. DW starts before ED. Miranda starts at 8.30 - following CtM. Using 5.05 and 6.20 is pointless.

ITV have substantially weakened their schedule by starting ELF two thirds into BBC1's film.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    I think it's only you who are certain there'll be a 5.05 and 6.20pm start time for BBC1. BBC1 do not need to use these times that you suggest. Their big shows (all of them) start before ITV's do. For instance Puss in Boots finishes after ELF starts. Strictly starts before O'Grady. DW starts before ED. Miranda starts at 8.30 - following CtM. Using 5.05 and 6.20 is pointless.

ITV have substantially weakened their schedule by starting ELF two thirds into BBC1's film.
    Wizzy. The scheduled timeslots will align in the mags/papers. They always do for certain shows. Maybe it'll change this year but I doubt it. Not all day, certainly not pre-Emmerdale. And if they don't accommodate ITV, ITV will remove YBF last minute so it gets the head start.

I'm talking about Emmerdale, Coronation Street. They will both start BANG ON the same time as the BBC's offering. And ITV can't do it this year as they're not airing a film. The BBC will do it.

The BBC will use the trailers/padding/extending the animated film to make it run as such in line with ITV.

The provisionals are smoke and mirrors even these newer ones.
  • Options
    ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV Boxing Day update:

6.45 ITV News
    7.00 Emmerdale
    7.30 Coronation Street
    8.30 Birds of a Feather
    9.00 Bradley's Christmas Cracker

No 90 minute CS anymore. But Corrie clashes with EE at 8pm.

And BBC1 on Boxing Day sees Still Open All Hours moving to 7.30, against Corrie:

6.30 The Boy in the Dress
    7.30 Still Open All Hours
    8.00 EastEnders
    8.30 Avengers Assemble.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Will Skyfall rate that well. I cant see it going above 5 million.
  • Options
    ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Year's Day has EastEnders moved to avoid Emmerdale, so Miranda moves to 8:

6.30 Esio Trot
    8.00 Miranda
    8.30 EE
    9.35 Mrs Brown

7.00 Emmerdale
    7.30 YBF
    8.00 Emmerdale
    8.30 Birds of a Feather
    9.00 The Dark Knight

The NYE Live programme is now split on BBC1 -
    11.15 NYE Live
    11.55 NYE Fireworks
    12.10 NYE Live
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder where the lost 30 mins of Corrie from the old Boxing Day schedule went. Maybe it was an anomaly/mistake.
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More changes needed here then.

The BBC have made the schedules worse not better!

Put CTM on Xmas Eve. Your schedule is dire and will be obliterated.

Isn't Branestawm a kids programme?
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would imagine the reason for an early decision on series 3 of Broadchurch is David Tennant. Whilst Gracepoint (the US version of Broadchurch) is dead after series 1 as ratings are dire (they should have just shown the UK version for goodness sake!) - nonetheless the US network are reportedly very pleased with DT and want to find a new project for him.

I would have thought it common sense for ITV to get him signed in principle for a series 3 with a filming schedule so that anything that comes his way in the US will have to fit in around these already agreed plans in the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ronant wrote: »

6.30 Esio Trot
    8.00 Miranda
    8.30 EE
    9.35 Mrs Brown

7.00 Emmerdale
    7.30 YBF
    8.00 Emmerdale
    8.30 Birds of a Feather
    9.00 The Dark Knight
    Wouldn't surprise me if ITV glue Emmerdale into one hour long show then.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wizzy. The scheduled timeslots will align in the mags/papers. They always do for certain shows. Maybe it'll change this year but I doubt it. Not all day, certainly not pre-Emmerdale. And if they don't accommodate ITV, ITV will remove YBF last minute so it gets the head start.

I'm talking about Emmerdale, Coronation Street. They will both start BANG ON the same time as the BBC's offering. And ITV can't do it this year as they're not airing a film. The BBC will do it.

The BBC will use the trailers/padding/extending the animated film to make it run as such in line with ITV.

The provisionals are smoke and mirrors even these newer ones.

Even if YBF is removed, this still allows SCD to start 20 minutes before O'Grady. I see no reason why the beeb should alter their schedule. It's ITV's decision not to air a film.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ronant wrote: »

6.30 Esio Trot
    8.00 Miranda
    8.30 EE
    9.35 Mrs Brown

7.00 Emmerdale
    7.30 YBF
    8.00 Emmerdale
    8.30 Birds of a Feather
    9.00 The Dark Knight
    Well how low is that Emmerdale going to rate if it stands. It never rates very well over the Christmas period. Cant see ITV keeping that.
    Probably will swap YBF and Emmerdale
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member

This cannot be staying! :o.

Professor Branestawm now finishing at 21:30! Vicar of Dibley still there at 22:15! - Ruddy Hell! When will they realise Christmas Eve evening is as magical as the day itself! I wish they would put more effort into it :(
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas Eve

BBC One

ITV

20:00 Skyfall
    22:45 ITV News

Christmas Day

BBC One

15:10 Puss in Boots
    16:40 BBC News
    17:00 Strictly Come Dancing
    18:15 Doctor Who
    19:15 Call the Midwife
    20:30 Miranda
    21:00 Eastenders
    22:00 Mrs Browns Boys
    22:40 Michael McIntyre

ITV

15:10 The Queens Garden
    16:10 ITV News
    16:20 Elf: Buddy's Musical Christmas
    17:20 You've Been Framed at Christmas
    17:50 Paul O'Grady: For the Love of Dogs
    18:50 ITV News
    20:00 Coronation Street
    21:00 Downton Abbey

Boxing Day

BBC One

18:30 The Boy in a Dress
    19:30 Still Open All Hours
    20:30 Avengers Assemble

ITV

20:30 Birds of a Feather
    21:00 Bradley's Christmas Cracker
    22:00 Through the Keyhole

I knew Skyfall would turn up, but I think Boxing Day is more appropriate.

Corrie will die opposite SOAH, but that's a much better Boxing Day and Xmas Eve schedule from ITV.

But YBF is still on Xmas Day for peat sake
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This cannot be staying! :o.

Professor Branestawm now finishing at 21:30! Vicar of Dibley still there at 22:15! - Ruddy Hell! When will they realise Christmas Eve evening is as magical as the day itself! I wish they would put more effort into it :(

They could do with Holby to give it a boost! :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Even if YBF is removed, this still allows SCD to start 20 minutes before O'Grady. I see no reason why the beeb should alter their schedule. It's ITV's decision not to air a film.
    Because it's as much for the BBC's benefit as ITV's that the major show junctions line up! I'm talking Emmerdale, Corrie and Downton!

It's give or take, they do work kind of together to make it work and yes it is ITVs decision not to air a film but something will pad out in timeslot - whether it's reflected in the programme's actual length is another matter. They will have them line up ON PAPER - of course on the day it's late-running and all sorts of mayhem. But in the TV guides Emmerdale will start at the same time as Doctor Who, Corrie as Midwife, EE/Miranda as Downton, etc...

So Strictly may go 5.00-6.20pm for example but not air for that long. Or ITV will have to shave 5 minutes off one of its hour long shows but I highly doubt it would have to come to that as the BBC will do something to line Emmerdale and Doctor Who up.

What happens ultimately is immaterial - the junctions will align later in the evening end of story.
This discussion has been closed.