Options

**SPOILER** Thread - Saturday 6th December 2014

Comments

• Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just realised that this means Pixie has finished in the same position as Ann Widdecombe.

Dear oh dear...

I bet Widdie was talked about more than Pixie. Which is one of, if not the main point, in the end.
  • Options
    Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also a competition, meaning that people will be naturally upset or annoyed if their favourite goes.

Yes that's fair enough but all the hysterics are making my ears bleed :( !
  • Options
    Matt&AlionaFanMatt&AlionaFan Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even having been a member on here for 6 year I am still amazed by some of the comments!

Yes, I was surprised that Pixie was in the dance off and that was because she is not THAT popular with the public.

I thought tonight her dancing wasn't that good so while she is the better dancer based on tonight's dance hers was likely to be the worse and the judges voted accordingly.

I always thought that Craig LOVED her so I will be interested in who he wanted to stay but the judges vote on THAT dance and NOT who is the overall dancer.

I can't see what conspiracy theory there could possibly be.

If only that was the case. Celebs have been saved not just for their dance off dance.

I hate to bring Tess into this as i've liked her all series but tonight thought she was over the top and quite hyper in her chats with some of the couples. As the host she should be completely neutral but for reasons only known to her she didn't come across that way.

Well I feel sick now it's time for bed but first thank you to abigailsmum and all the moles for giving us the result each week. :)
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Elsa wrote: »
    I bet Widdie was talked about more than Pixie.

Judging by the reaction in the thread tonight (whichever way people felt towards her), I'd be inclined to disagree!
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a shame, I think she was unlucky with the fall of the dances. The last few haven't suited her.

I haven't rated Mark at all the last few weeks but tonight he and Karen danced a crowd pleaser very well. I think Simon, Pixie and Frankie were below par so I can see how we got this result.

I think Trent has been awesome this series, I hope he returns.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can say that again, I think they've underestimated the repercussions from this result.
    It's not official yet, but people are going ballistic on Twitter.
    Like what? Riots in the streets? Sequin chucking at the Beeb? It's a light entertainment show. The repercussions will be non existant!

Anyway, the Trixie fans only have themselves to blame for not voting in enough numbers to keep their favourites safe.
  • Options
    rebecca87rebecca87 Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Idiotic jealous women voting with their hormones again. Mark and Jake comedy dancers in the semi-final? FFS what a joke.

Yet they're not jealous of Caroline or Frankie? And I would say Simon is arguably more handsome than either Jake or Mark.

Plus it's really hard to dial with your vagina.
  • Options
    RhythmIsADancerRhythmIsADancer Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    thanks for the spoiler

seems to me if you find yourself in the dance off at this late stage and aren't doing the Strictly Tour you are pretty much a goner!

Absolutely!, but what a nonsense it makes of the series when Len, for the second time this series, saves by far the worst dancer!
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Juliet007 wrote: »
    She scored less in her main dance than Simon & many people will believe the judges put her top of the waltzathon to save her - the great British public don't like being manipulated;-)......

If the judges put her top of the waltzathon to save her, why didn't they save her when they really needed to i.e. in the dance off? :confused:

I suspect it is more likely that she was top of the waltzathon because she danced the best. The TV coverage of the waltzathon was so bad it is hard to tell.
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Mark already had connections with the show though (via his parents reputation and the Houghs) - Trent's a last minute transplant with no fanbase, who cant coast on good looks, who people took against because he "looks like a Nazi" or "I don't know, he's just creepy", who's just guided an "invincible" ringer to 6th place. He's also asking for a "he was so rude talking back to Len like that, SO ARROGANT" narrative to explain Pixie's elimination (when it's entirely explicable for other reasons), even though what he said was so mumbled and garbled (<3) that I guarantee you barely one person in one-hundred complaining could tell what he actually said.

I'd be surprised to see him back to be honest.

Well, let's hope for once I'm right with one of my conspiracy theories. I'll be broken hearted if he's out :cry:
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bruno & Craig - Pixie

Len & Darcey - Simon

Len has casting vote, therefore Simon saved xx

Why am I not surprised. Len and Darcey, what a stitch-up.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say Pixie's leg action was a mistake - plus, it seemed to me that at least one of the lifts was not intended and that her feet came off the floor - so it could be argued that if she'd straightened up her legs a little more and kept her feet on the ground then she would have scored higher. And anyway, isn't that besides the point, considering it was that they both scored the same for their dances and not 'who would have scored higher without Simon's mistake'?

I think it's hugely relevant to how the dance-off may have gone (though of course until approximately 7.50 tomorrow night we can only speculate!) - assuming Kristina's heel doesn't get caught again, Simon is quite likely to produce a better dance than Pixie, as her technical deficiencies aren't going to be corrected in the short time between the shows, if they even rehearse at all - her leg action was an issue the whole way through, not just in one lift. Simon's issue is completely fixable.

Pixie and Simon are both good dancers, both with fairly clear strengths and weaknesses, and I don't think there's half as much to choose between them as some others do (I certainly don't put Pixie on a best dancer pedestal). Simon's great at ballroom, so's Pixie. Simon's arguably better at Latin than Pixie is, and tonight's showing won't have helped Pixie in that respect. Neither are that likely to win the competition, so it really does come down to individual judges' preferences - the dancer who's been good all along but rarely spectacular, or the one who's been on a bumpy journey but produced flashes of brilliance. Have to admit I'd choose to save Simon, but that's just my personal preference, same with the judges' choice tonight. It was not clear cut at all.
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Jordan @The_JamesJordan · 4h 4 hours ago
    @La1971Ann: High scoring for all celebs that r on SCD tour - how funny!!!! @The_JamesJordan”

Pixie not doing the tour and ....she's out .... ....
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol I knew Len had the casting votes well tbh I can understand him saving Simon because he really was amazing in ballroom imo and Pixie didnt have her strongest dance this week

Looking forward to the SACK LEN >:(!!! Len is Rubbish threads tomorrow :p:p

I feel mostly sorry for Simon tbh :(. He didnt deserve to be in the B2 AGAIN :(
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    rebandmel wrote: »
    I don't think Len should have casting vote if at deadlock it should go to the public vote that would be fair

I agree with that, if the judges can't reach a majority decision then the result of the public vote should be used.

I also agree with (I think it's Arcana) that judges scores should only be used for reference from the quarterfinals onwards. The couple to leave from this stage should be the lowest public vote.
  • Options
    rebandmelrebandmel Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Sorry I meant Austin Healey
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Spratt wrote: »
    This is how I feel about her - I could see she was a good dancer, and seemed to be a very pleasant personality, but that wasn't enough to make me vote for her whereas I have voted for others who I felt more strongly about.

I think that explains it. I loved many of her dances but never wanted to vote for her. Simon and Caroline are the ones I prefer and tonight it was Caroline I enjoyed most so I voted for her. Nothing against Pixie at all. She seems a lovely person.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Mark already had connections with the show though (via his parents reputation and the Houghs) - Trent's a last minute transplant with no fanbase, who cant coast on good looks, who people took against because he "looks like a Nazi" or "I don't know, he's just creepy", who's just guided an "invincible" ringer to 6th place. He's also asking for a "he was so rude talking back to Len like that, SO ARROGANT" narrative to explain Pixie's elimination (when it's entirely explicable for other reasons), even though what he said was so mumbled and garbled (<3) that I guarantee you barely one person in one-hundred complaining could tell what he actually said.

I'd be surprised to see him back to be honest.

The likelihood of this makes me so upset. He was already approaching Iveta and Natalie in my favourite pros list.

Him joining Anya as a one series wonder, while Tristan probably remains and Robin returns is just rage inducing (well mild annoyance I'll probably get over).
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of people were saying tonight on twitter that Trent reminds them of a serial killer :o:confused: WTH that means , SMH

And I wonder why James tweets are brought up here :confused:; How does it add to the discussion of this thread ?
  • Options
    catkins198catkins198 Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely!, but what a nonsense it makes of the series when Len, for the second time this series, saves by far the worst dancer!

But Simon wasn't the worst dancer tonight and as none of us have seen the dance off how do we know how Simon or Pixie danced? Presumably he got the lift right at the end so that immediately made his dance better. Pixie may have messed up totally for all we know.

It makes me laugh that because someone goes out that people like there is the hysteria about fixing, oh she's not doing the tour she they would never let her win, etc etc. All it boils down to is not enough people voted for her so she ended up in the dance off and then Simon danced better.

If you should all be annoyed about anything it is the fact that Jake wasn't in the dance off when he is BY FAR the worst dancer
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    erin_p wrote: »
    James Jordan @The_JamesJordan · 4h 4 hours ago
    @La1971Ann: High scoring for all celebs that r on SCD tour - how funny!!!! @The_JamesJordan”

Just James chatting shite for the sake of it as usual :

Caroline : ON TOUR
    Pixie : NOT ON TOUR
    Jake, Simon and Frankie : NOT ON TOUR, ON TOUR, ON TOUR
    Mark : ON TOUR

Not seeing a pattern there.
  • Options
    rebandmelrebandmel Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    On DWTS it's down to public vote no dance offs I do think by quarter final judges votes shouldn't count
  • Options
    Mrs-MopMrs-Mop Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crap!!!!!!!!
    Jake and Mark are the worst dancers by miles!
    Pixie should be in the final,,,,,,,,,,,,,the judges are idiots
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Like what? Riots in the streets? Sequin chucking at the Beeb? It's a light entertainment show. The repercussions will be non existant!

Anyway, the Trixie fans only have themselves to blame for not voting in enough numbers to keep their favourites safe.

Well said. No one has died. In a few weeks it will all be forgotten.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a shame we won't see her showdance :o