Options

Who Killed Lucy Beale? - Latest theories, updates and spoilers (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy_Duke wrote: »
    I don't get the significance of Cindy being the only person looking at her phone in that picture. I'd be really grateful if someone would spell it out for me.

As for Emma's parents, I'm pretty sure that they weren't keen on Max and would have preferred her to have stayed with (can't remember his name) her ex, who I'm sure they would have known better, even to the extent of considering him family. I did find it very odd that the only one at Emma's bedside as she lay dying was Max, no sign of her parents or ex, surely they ought to have notified them?

I think it's to do with the fact that the SL with Emma was based around mobile phones. Emma talking to someone and then us seeing a mobile phone wave - characters with phones so we could see who it could be. Then her texting the killer and the whole sending the text and someone out of the 14 staring at her, phone beeped. So I assume that the reason people picked up on Cindy is because of the connection to mobile phones as above. AND could I actually use the word 'phone' more in this explanation...:D
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the link to the photo I was talking about it was from a thread on here last week which said dtc murder trial tweet! Its not all the suspects but Cindy is on her phone!

https://twitter.com/dominictc/status/553948002302582784

who is that to the left of Cindy? and who is that sat down (or crouching) at the front near the bushes :confused:

my feeling is that its just a behind the scenes photo and Mimi just happens to be on her phone at them time, lol, I dont think its anything significant..............

EDIT: actually one more, who next to Carol holding their thumb up
  • Options
    jamesjp14jamesjp14 Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    who is that to the left of Cindy? and who is that sat down (or crouching) at the front near the bushes :confused:

my feeling is that its just a behind the scenes photo and Mimi just happens to be on her phone at them time, lol, I dont think its anything significant..............

I thought the one with the thumbs up was Jacqueline Jossa (Lauren Branning) but pulling a weird face but now I'm not too sure
  • Options
    PacerkezPacerkez Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »

The one next to Cindy I'm think is Donna. Not sure on the one next to Carol though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamesjp14 wrote: »
    I thought the one with the thumbs up was Jacqueline Jossa (Lauren Branning) but pulling a weird face but now I'm not too sure

You could be right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamesjp14 wrote: »
    Is it Nancy? There seems to be the Carters there but no Brannings.
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's Nancy.

From left to right, I see Donna, Martin (Peter is behind him), Cindy, Kush, Charlie and Pam. Lee is in the background and it looks to be Mick and Billy at the door of the Vic.

The front five are Tamwar, Tina, Babe, Nancy and Carol. Linda is behind them.

On the right are Cora, Stacey, Ian, Jane and possibly Kat.
  • Options
    Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jende wrote: »
    I think it's to do with the fact that the SL with Emma was based around mobile phones. Emma talking to someone and then us seeing a mobile phone wave - characters with phones so we could see who it could be. Then her texting the killer and the whole sending the text and someone out of the 14 staring at her, phone beeped. So I assume that the reason people picked up on Cindy is because of the connection to mobile phones as above. AND could I actually use the word 'phone' more in this explanation...:D

Ah, as straightforward as that. Thank you :D

I just saw it as a quick photo between takes, but who knows?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    so her pink coat had never been accounted for ?

Lucy was wearing her pink coat when she first stormed in the house for the argument with Ian. Next scene she isn't wearing it, and leaves the house without it (and her house keys which she threw in the bowl on the room table - did she know she wouldn't need them again?!). next time we see it, it is hung up on the coat rack when Ian grabs his coat to go with the police to see Lucy's body. He takes a moment to look at it.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annie9 wrote: »
    Lucy was wearing her pink coat when she first stormed in the house for the argument with Ian. Next scene she isn't wearing it, and leaves the house without it (and her house keys which she threw in the bowl on the room table - did she know she wouldn't need them again?!). next time we see it, it is hung up on the coat rack when Ian grabs his coat to go with the police to see Lucy's body. He takes a moment to look at it.

I noticed that too. Is this a case of mistaken identity or did Cindy/Jane put it back?
  • Options
    CorstemmeeCorstemmee Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, and what's strange is that she was wearing it virtually ALL the time before she went out that evening. You'd think that it'd be the time she really needed her coat, but she left it behind!
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she just wasn't cold? :p
  • Options
    CorstemmeeCorstemmee Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    llgx wrote: »
    Maybe she just wasn't cold? :p

....:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy_Duke wrote: »
    Ah, as straightforward as that. Thank you :D

I just saw it as a quick photo between takes, but who knows?
    It's what I assumed, it maybe a more deep psychological thingy I haven't picked up on... :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Here's my theory:
    When Staceys return storyline was going on before Lucy died and Kat and Max were having their secret meetings to try and find Stacey, Abi assumed they were having an affair and there was a scene where Abi went up to Kat on the market and threatened her and warned her to stay away from Max which sorta hints at her darker side. Then when she found out Lucy was sleeping with Max, she followed them and took the photo of the two of them outside the flats. I think then Abi set Lucy up and pretended to be a client so she could meet up with her at the flats and confront her about the affair. This obviously turned into a row and Abi lashed out at Lucy, pushing her back onto something which killed Lucy. Abi then panicked and called Max to tell him. Max covered for his daughter and helped her hide the body at the common. This would then solve the mystery of what Max meant in a scene aired about 2 weeks ago when he told Abi "Whatever happened on Good Friday stays between us". Then Jay, being Abi's boyfriend at the time, somehow found Lucy wallet and phone and confronted Abi. She then confessed to Jay and then because Jay was in contact with ex-murderer Ben Mitchell at the time, he panicked and asked him what to do. Ben told him to bury the evidence and then he returned to Walford to keep an eye on Jay. There's been a few clues that would suggest that Abi is the killer. A recent clue was on Christmas Eve when the Beales were at the carol service and when Cindy was asked where baby Beth was, she said that Abi was babysitting back at the house. This means that Abi was alone in the Beales house the night before Cindy found the jewellery box under the tree. Abi also doesn't seem to be too upset over Emma's death. She's probably glad that she's gone. This would also explain why Abi was so against Max and Emma being in a relationship, she was scared Emma would find out something. This also explains why Max is tearing up evidence and why he said sorry to Emma when she died. He knows Emma died trying to find the murderer when Max knew it was Abi all along. There's been so many hints at Abi's darker side ever since this storyline began, for example, threatening Kat, following Lucy and Max, following Lauren on Halloween night and then trying to drown her in a rage etc. Plus, nobody would ever think that Abi could be capable of murder so it's the perfect plot twist. Also, it would be a great storyline for her character to play because Abi hasn't had many big storylines like this but the rest of the suspects kinda have had their big big storylines. It would also be a good reason why Tanya is coming back for a short while. DTC said she's returning for Ian and Janes wedding but it has to be a bigger reason than that, surely?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex_Daly please edit with paragraphs. I doubt many will read your post otherwise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's Abi, I'm sure it won't be, I'll be very disappointed. I think she's been unstable a while now know, she killed her guinea Pig remember. Her and Max's involvement with Lucy has tipped her over the edge, and that's it I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex_Daly wrote: »
    Here's my theory:
    When Staceys return storyline was going on before Lucy died and Kat and Max were having their secret meetings to try and find Stacey, Abi assumed they were having an affair and there was a scene where Abi went up to Kat on the market and threatened her and warned her to stay away from Max which sorta hints at her darker side. Then when she found out Lucy was sleeping with Max, she followed them and took the photo of the two of them outside the flats. I think then Abi set Lucy up and pretended to be a client so she could meet up with her at the flats and confront her about the affair. This obviously turned into a row and Abi lashed out at Lucy, pushing her back onto something which killed Lucy. Abi then panicked and called Max to tell him. Max covered for his daughter and helped her hide the body at the common. This would then solve the mystery of what Max meant in a scene aired about 2 weeks ago when he told Abi "Whatever happened on Good Friday stays between us". Then Jay, being Abi's boyfriend at the time, somehow found Lucy wallet and phone and confronted Abi. She then confessed to Jay and then because Jay was in contact with ex-murderer Ben Mitchell at the time, he panicked and asked him what to do. Ben told him to bury the evidence and then he returned to Walford to keep an eye on Jay. There's been a few clues that would suggest that Abi is the killer. A recent clue was on Christmas Eve when the Beales were at the carol service and when Cindy was asked where baby Beth was, she said that Abi was babysitting back at the house. This means that Abi was alone in the Beales house the night before Cindy found the jewellery box under the tree. Abi also doesn't seem to be too upset over Emma's death. She's probably glad that she's gone. This would also explain why Abi was so against Max and Emma being in a relationship, she was scared Emma would find out something. This also explains why Max is tearing up evidence and why he said sorry to Emma when she died. He knows Emma died trying to find the murderer when Max knew it was Abi all along. There's been so many hints at Abi's darker side ever since this storyline began, for example, threatening Kat, following Lucy and Max, following Lauren on Halloween night and then trying to drown her in a rage etc. Plus, nobody would ever think that Abi could be capable of murder so it's the perfect plot twist. Also, it would be a great storyline for her character to play because Abi hasn't had many big storylines like this but the rest of the suspects kinda have had their big big storylines. It would also be a good reason why Tanya is coming back for a short while. DTC said she's returning for Ian and Janes wedding but it has to be a bigger reason than that, surely?

I read your theory :)

Im still not convinced its Abi........... ALTHOUGH you do put forward a very good, logical answer to the question - who killed Lucy :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex_Daly wrote: »
    Here's my theory:
    When Staceys return storyline was going on before Lucy died and Kat and Max were having their secret meetings to try and find Stacey, ............................. It would also be a good reason why Tanya is coming back for a short while. DTC said she's returning for Ian and Janes wedding but it has to be a bigger reason than that, surely?

All true but is it just too plain to see? I think the person responsible is not being portrayed as likely to have done it. They will want a surprise element. If it was Abi would they keep portraying the way they are? I backed her at 7/1 so would be thrilled if you are correct but every-time they make her her look suspicious I lose more hope.

I think the same with Jane & Denise, they could left them reasonably unsuspected almost but have made people suspect them a few times by being shifty and so on. I think between now & the reveal the person responsible will not be in any way linked.

Going on looking at it from who is not being cast as a likely person I think Ian & Peter have being kept out of it for a while so think it is one of them. Big shock & a big deal. I was thinking Ian but am leaning towards Peter more recently.
  • Options
    kpcrispsxxxkpcrispsxxx Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I didn't know Abi was babysitting Beth on Xmas Eve, that does give her the perfect opportunity to have placed the music box :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We need to remember that, Ian, Jane, Max and Abi have secrets still to be revealed.

How it all points to Abi is great and all makes sense theory wise, but all too predictable I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spoiler:
    Nancy will be involved a lot during the live week. It would be wrong if it was her, as she wasn't mentioned as a suspect, but it would certainly be a surprise - maybe she's covering for Lee?
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi - sorry if this isn't the appropriate place to ask, I couldn't see a thread on it and didn't know if it warranted a full thread of its own. Have they posted the schedule for live week?

Thanks
  • Options
    Lisa_Thomas2Lisa_Thomas2 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vixyvic wrote: »
    Hi - sorry if this isn't the appropriate place to ask, I couldn't see a thread on it and didn't know if it warranted a full thread of its own. Have they posted the schedule for live week?

Thanks

I don't think they have yet, no.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't know Abi was babysitting Beth on Xmas Eve, that does give her the perfect opportunity to have placed the music box :o

when Cindy was at the pub, someone (cant remember who) asked her who was babysitting Beth

I thought she said Ben but I might be wrong..........