Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXVI (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Complete waste of Brian's return. Literally can't see an ounce of logic in bringing him back to throw him out early.

After that it was blatantly obvious there were no other options for the winner.

I also seem to be in the minority of preparing Ambrose to both Rollins and Reigns.
  • Options
    PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    I thought the triple threat match was OK. Some good spots but that's about it. I find the WWE just so samey.

Rollins looked great though.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least we got a good title match and a star making performance with Rollins.

I'm on the BFG train hoping that he cashes in after the Mania title match.
  • Options
    AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Rather than thinking carefully about their booking of course.

That's the best Roman has ever sounded on the mic. MAYBE DON'T GIVE HIM SUCH SHITTY SCRIPTS AND LET HIM TALK NATURALLY.
    He was still awful though.

And the downside to using The Rock as a mouthpiece for him is he then has to follow The Rock.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rather than thinking carefully about their booking of course.

That's the best Roman has ever sounded on the mic. MAYBE DON'T GIVE HIM SUCH SHITTY SCRIPTS AND LET HIM TALK NATURALLY.

That would be much better.
  • Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wowboy wrote: »
    RAW could be. So cringeworthy it's scary lol.

Hopefully The Rock does Roman's promo's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlexiR wrote: »
    The way they dealt with it on commentary suggests they have something going on there.

I thought it was just the standard acknowledge then move on quickly thing they do when a crowd turns.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PDS1985 wrote: »
    Hopefully The Rock does Roman's promo's.

He might as well as it looks like it's more about the Rock than it is the rumble winner especially going by that interview just then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was still awful though.

And the downside to using The Rock as a mouthpiece for him is he then has to follow The Rock.

And I didn't even think Rock sounded great there.
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't really cope with Reigns though because he's never had a good singles match or a good promo. He's only being pushed because they like the way he looks, but they've built him terribly going in as well. Those two being at the end was just depressing though.

Fans don't react well to having something forced upon them. Why do WWE never learn?

Meant it generally not to you to be specific - Reigns winning the Rumble is understandable (even if I totally disagree with it) but dear lord how poorly did they go about it.

Talk about misunderstanding fans.
    Yeah it was pretty awful. You know it's bad when Rock, HHH and Stephanie can't cover up the crowd shitting on it, though I guess Kane and Big Show cancel them out well

I defend WWE when I can - but that Rumble was indefensible it really was.
  • Options
    Raj_91Raj_91 Posts: 3,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WHERE WAS BO DALLAS? :cry::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KingOli wrote: »
    Barring something at fast ;ane, am I right in saying WM ME will be Romans second 1v1 match at a PPV?

Yes his first was against Orton at Summerslam.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gonna have to go back to watching Nitro from 95-96.

NJPW World for me. They filmed their old stuff on actual 8MM film stock so the digital transfer is clean, no upgraded video, proper film quality HD transfers. It's awesome, I am really hoping AJPW get in on it at some point too. But watching old AJW/NJPW stuff is cool, even a lot of of the old stuff holds up well because they are wrestling with a sense of credibility.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not gonna dwell on the reaction like I did last year. I will say, if Bryan didn't get his moment at Mania last year, I would have been happily booing along with them. But he did.

Onto happier things, Rollins has been working hard since The Shield split, tonight he became a star. He is the future, he should be in the main event at Wrestlemania not Roman. That title match was fantastic.

Just means Rollins will get jobbed to Reigns if doing a Mania cash-in.

Reigns beating both Lesnar and Rollins in one night seems like what we'll be getting. Vince will push Reigns no matter what.
  • Options
    ICT User 77ICT User 77 Posts: 11,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raj_91 wrote: »

Never mind that.

WHERE WAS RANDY ORTON?!
  • Options
    Forum Member

He had better sense then to be associated with that cluster **** of a rumble. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Poor BO Dallas.

I'm glad I never got him as number 18 though but I got Adam Rose instead. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least we got a good title match and a star making performance with Rollins.

I'm on the BFG train hoping that he cashes in after the Mania title match.

Rollins's star rises further with each show at this point.

I'm back to the super-nervy state now about a Rollins cash-in. Rollins will probably get a hero's welcome when he cashes in if Reigns is champ.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    Meant it generally not to you to be specific - Reigns winning the Rumble is understandable (even if I totally disagree with it) but dear lord how poorly did they go about it.

Talk about misunderstanding fans.

I defend WWE when I can - but that Rumble was indefensible it really was.

I understand that but Reigns winning is only understandable if you're taking WWE's mindset. Even if they like him a lot, surely they realise what their audience will think and should therefore protect him by giving him more time to get better and more over.
    They're either tone deaf or not bothered.

Hopefully the rest of the Mania card is good because I'm not looking forward to that title match.
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    What for Bryan, Ziggler, Ambrose at Mania? I'm guessing a 3vs3 match against the Authority

How akward did the rock look when he raised reigns arm and the interview in the post show was even worse
  • Options
    ICT User 77ICT User 77 Posts: 11,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol. Wonder what Raw will be like.

It's actually in Hartford, Conneticut. WWE's home state so they might not get such a bad reaction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind that.

WHERE WAS RANDY ORTON?!

I agree is he still injured or maybe he'll be on Raw instead?
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's currently 'losing his voice' on the post-show so maybe he'll throw a sickie. Which would surely be WWE's worst nightmare come to life at this point.

The commentary is just awful these days. Not really JBL/Lawler/Cole's fault as that's clearly the way management want it, but by god it hurts when you see ppvs on the network with Monsoon/Heenan or JR/Heyman doing it compared to now.
  • Options
    Raj_91Raj_91 Posts: 3,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind that.

WHERE WAS RANDY ORTON?!

Oh yeah, where was RKO? Dude better return along with Bo asap.

I was no.5 in the sweepstake right? My dude Bray Wyatt did well.
    Who won the sweepstake? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind that.

WHERE WAS RANDY ORTON?!

Or Sheamus too? Yet another thing wrong with that Rumble.

Surely one of those two could've had a spot over freaking Ryder or Titus O'Neill?
This discussion has been closed.