The Carry On Films And Carry On Television Series Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    Could you provide a link for this?

dont hold your breath...all their 'Labour party want to ban Carry On films' scare stories are made up. These posters are obsessed.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'm surprised Khyber and Cleo weren't the top two
  • Options
    foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cowboy, Cleo, Don't lose your head and Screaming are my favourites
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carry On Abroad, Carry On Camping, Carry on at your Convienience, Carry On Up The Khyber are my favs.:):)
  • Options
    jake_moore08jake_moore08 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Peter Butterworth is actually my favourite in the films, closely followed by Kenneth Williams.

My favourite Carry On's are 'Matron', 'Behind' and 'At Your Convienience' are my favourites.
    I'm also found of 'Aboard' and 'Screaming'.

I do like the 'Carry On Laughing' ITV series, but only the detective episodes with Jack Douglas, Kenneth Connor.

Just bought the 'Christmas Specials' on DVD in a box set, only watched the first one at the moment, but it was good.
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 128,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I watched Carry on Screaming yesterday and it is so different to the other Carry ons i think that it is why it is one of my favourite Carry on films The best line in that film is when Kenneth Williams is confronted by the monster and he falls into some kind hot lava and when falls into it he says Frying Tonight which always makes me laugh when i hear that line
  • Options
    DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,258
    Forum Member
    Torch81 wrote: »
    I'd never rank either 'Kyber' or 'Cowboy' in a personal top 5 (or top 10 for that matter) either. Agree with two of your three choices but I'd put 'Behind' or 'Abroad' in there ahead of 'Screaming', (although 'Screaming' would be in my top 10).

Of course and as ever these things are all about personal preference and taste though! :)

My Top Five would be:

1. Screaming
    2. Cleo
    3. Camping
    4. Don't Lose Your Head
    5. Henry

When I can be bothered, I'll rank all the films, but I'm not including Columbus because I don't consider that part of the franchise.
    Verence wrote: »
    Personally I'm surprised Khyber and Cleo weren't the top two

I always thought Camping was considered to be the best one by most people, though I prefer a few of the others.
    owen10 wrote: »
    I watched Carry on Screaming yesterday and it is so different to the other Carry ons i think that it is why it is one of my favourite Carry on films The best line in that film is when Kenneth Williams is confronted by the monster and he falls into some kind hot lava and when falls into it he says Frying Tonight which always makes me laugh when i hear that line

Harry H. Corbett was superb in that one, it's shame he wasn't a regular in the Carry On films.
  • Options
    zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DDRickyDD wrote: »
    My Top Five would be:

1. Screaming
    2. Cleo
    3. Camping
    4. Don't Lose Your Head
    5. Henry

When I can be bothered, I'll rank all the films, but I'm not including Columbus because I don't consider that part of the franchise.

I always thought Camping was considered to be the best one by most people, though I prefer a few of the others.

Harry H. Corbett was superb in that one, it's shame he wasn't a regular in the Carry On films.

My Top 5 would be.

1. Doctor.
    2. Spying.
    3. Screaming.
    4. Don't Lose Your Head.
    5. Cowboy.
  • Options
    zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter Butterworth is actually my favourite in the films, closely followed by Kenneth Williams.

My favourite Carry On's are 'Matron', 'Behind' and 'At Your Convienience' are my favourites.
    I'm also found of 'Aboard' and 'Screaming'.

I do like the 'Carry On Laughing' ITV series, but only the detective episodes with Jack Douglas, Kenneth Connor.

Just bought the 'Christmas Specials' on DVD in a box set, only watched the first one at the moment, but it was good.

Peter Butterworth is my favourite as well, he steals almost every scene he's in.
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carry on camping is great except the ending.
  • Options
    DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,258
    Forum Member
    victor mel wrote: »
    Carry on camping is great except the ending.

What do you dislike about the ending?
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favourite is Carry On Abroad. I just love everything about it. My favourite scene is where Vic & Cora Flange (Joan Sims & Sid James) are in bed when the hotel is falling down around them. Joan's laugh is so funny especially when Sid walks though the glass door. So infectious. :D Also Pepe, and his Mr. Farqiarse. :D

Second is Carry On Camping.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carry On's Cleo and Screaming not in the top 5 but Abroad was? Huh?!! :confused:
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DDRickyDD wrote: »
    What do you dislike about the ending?

It's just very dated and naff. The party in the field, the way they dress up and put string around the ravers without them noticing. The way the girls wave at the ravers when they first see them in the field.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing I did learn from Greatest Ever Carry On Films was that Abroad was filmed in a car park at Pinewood studios. :D
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it odd that Barbara Windsor never takes part in any of the types of programme looking at the Carry Ons?
    My favourite is Carry On Abroad. I just love everything about it. My favourite scene is where Vic & Cora Flange (Joan Sims & Sid James) are in bed when the hotel is falling down around them. Joan's laugh is so funny especially when Sid walks though the glass door. So infectious. :DAlso Pepe, and his Mr. Farqiarse. :D

Second is Carry On Camping.
    BIB - I so agree!!
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joan's laugh is brilliant, I wish I could use it as my ringtone.
  • Options
    Hollyoaks_Fan2Hollyoaks_Fan2 Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    What makes Carry On Cleo the best just wondering as I find this one boring :)
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter Butterworth is my favourite as well, he steals almost every scene he's in.

Butterworth cracking up during the assault on the barracks in Khyber always has me crying with laughter. "Strawberry mousse"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi all , this is my first post. I've been looking for pictures /information on Elizabeth Knight who appears in carry on camping. She's the one to the right of Babs in the exercise line-up. Looked everywhere and cannot find anything after early 80's. It looks like she may have become a producer in Australia but there is nothing much about her. Wonder if anybody has any information or links .is she alive...?
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My top 5:

Khyber
    Screaming
    Don't Lose Your Head
    Cleo
    Cowboy

None of which featured Babs Windsor. Coincidence?
  • Options
    oranges71oranges71 Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carry on Cleo on ITV1 tonight at 11.40pm.

Will be watching it in bed. Love watching late night Carry On's in bed.
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oranges71 wrote: »
    Carry on Cleo on ITV1 tonight at 11.40pm.

Will be watching it in bed. Love watching late night Carry On's in bed.
    Blimey what an odd time to show it! Oh well, i also like snuggling up to a Carry On - unfortunately I have to up in the morning so shut-eye needs to begin in the next hour or so! ;-);-)
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carry On Jack is on ITV next Tuesday at 11.10pm.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened to Terry Telly ? I enjoyed reading his posts.