Options

What A Disgusting, Heartless Way To KIll Off Katie Sugden!

Comments

• Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stellers wrote: »
    Round 10.:D

The Star story was a couple of months ago. The latest was from the Metro a few days ago.
    The Star said a source said she was being killed off and that was also before her final scenes were shot. They could easily have changed the ending during that time if they had wanted to.
    2 months later the Metro said that we can now CONFIRM this is the last you will see of Katie.

That doesn't mean she dies - she might have told the PTB that she never, ever wants to return - in other words "this is the last you will see of Katie" - so she could be alive when she leaves. And incidentally my family will never see me again (a long story) but I'm still alive.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    I doubt it was Emmerdale fans. Not long term ones anyway. I'm sure the majority of those would agree with you. It's just not Emmerdale any more.
    Remember the last time Aaron was in it all those 'Emmerdale fans' suddenly appeared and then disappeared just as quickly when he did. Now he's been allowed back his followers may be back too.

I personally don't have a problem with Aaron but the recon of Robert is another issue. Tell stories and this one is fine but to have to recon a long term character is destroying the heart of the show. They will attract viewers for drama episodes or particular stories but the cost maybe the long term viewer who says no more.
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    It wasn't a newspaper, it was the Star. It's reputation precedes it.
    They may have got lucky and be right for once but the Emmerdale press office has not given the Star (or anyone else) any information.

I know. It's most frustrating >:(:blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Round 10.:D

The Star story was a couple of months ago. The latest was from the Metro a few days ago.
    The Star said a source said she was being killed off and that was also before her final scenes were shot. They could easily have changed the ending during that time if they had wanted to.
    2 months later the Metro said that we can now CONFIRM this is the last you will see of Katie.
    Nobody takes any notice of the Star, For good reason.
    Duncan did NOT say she dies.
    Andybear wrote: »
    That doesn't mean she dies - she might have told the PTB that she never, ever wants to return - in other words "this is the last you will see of Katie" - so she could be alive when she leaves. And incidentally my family will never see me again (a long story) but I'm still alive.
    This. Who knows the circumstances?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember the days when there was no internet, no social media, no spoilers. We just sat and watched the programme and found out what happened when we watched it. I think a lot of people these days are very impatient and must know everything now, they're not prepared to wait and see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the days when there was no internet, no social media, no spoilers. We just sat and watched the programme and found out what happened when we watched it. I think a lot of people these days are very impatient and must know everything now, they're not prepared to wait and see.
    There was about a line and a half in newspaper TV listings. :)
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Eh. Although I wish they hadn't done this to her... if they're killing her off... I mean, what does it really matter what she's been turned into? She's still gonna die.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember knowing as a kid that Val Barlow was going to die so stories were leaked even in 60's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are making her as horrible as possible to the point where even her new Husband and best friend (Chas) turn against her.>:(
    This is the kind of treatment that should be preserved for the end of a true villian, not someone like a Katie.>:(
    Turning her into an obsessed nutjob to add further insult to this disgusting piece of character assasination.>:(

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

Don't watch Emmerdale but they did the same to Tina McIntyre In Corrie changed her character into someone else for the sake of an exit storyline
  • Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WOW! I've just seen the Sun TV guide with Sammy on the cover.
    The picture inside is simply stunning and as hot as any Hollywood star!:)
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW! I've just seen the Sun TV guide with Sammy on the cover.
    The picture inside is simply stunning and as hot as any Hollywood star!:)

Same as one in TV times. Sammy has always looked gorgeous. Was always amazed she never won sexiest female.
  • Options
    Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Firegazer wrote: »
    It's just a cheap way of starting up a Whodunnit storyline. Make everyone hate the character within a week, just to boost the mystery.

"Who Killed Katie" sounds like a Dora the Explorer episode, I hope they don't use that name.

who killed katy/who killed lucy/will we have to wait till next feb to find out who killed her
  • Options
    ferdybookgeekferdybookgeek Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope there's a twist and Katie doesn't die, it feels like loads of young females in soap have died recently so I'd rather they do something a tiny bit original.

I'm not liking the Katie/Robert/Aaron storyline in general, it doesn't ring true to me AT ALL especially when Robert was so madly in love with Katie and now it's like the only history they shared was nothing but hate rather than the genuine epic love affair they did actually have together. And I bet if Katie does die Robert won't even be grieving for her and will instead be lusting after Aaron or some rubbish. All the feelings and passion Katie/Robert shared has been totally forgotten since Aaron came on the scene.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Something inside me tells me that Katie won't die! Emmerdale are usually quite good at twisting the tale at the end (look at Robbie, Declan etc...) And I'm sure Rob will be around for quite some time to tell the tale. And Aaron .
    (It's what Jackson would have wanted anyway!! :p:p:p:p)
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope there's a twist and Katie doesn't die, it feels like loads of young females in soap have died recently so I'd rather they do something a tiny bit original.

I'm not liking the Katie/Robert/Aaron storyline in general, it doesn't ring true to me AT ALL especially when Robert was so madly in love with Katie and now it's like the only history they shared was nothing but hate rather than the genuine epic love affair they did actually have together. And I bet if Katie does die Robert won't even be grieving for her and will instead be lusting after Aaron or some rubbish. All the feelings and passion Katie/Robert shared has been totally forgotten since Aaron came on the scene.

Agree about this storyline and the fact that rob is now gay is just beyond stupid. The old Robert was about as gay as rodney. Whoever thought up these storylines should be sacked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who killed katy/who killed lucy/will we have to wait till next feb to find out who killed her
    Surely (PLEASE) there will be a new producer by then and the Oates/Blackburn coalition will be over.

BUT if Katie does die, Robert will be the glaringly obvious prime suspect, so perhaps for once the killer will be caught. They can throw in his previous for Max King's death and accessory to Miss Strickland's.
    That should keep him off the screens for a good 10 years (with good behaviour).
  • Options
    soapmadsoapmad Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cover of the sun tv mag .

http://oi58.tinypic.com/209poir.jpg
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I dont think what happens between chrissie, robert and Aaron is any of her business. I know she doesnt trust Robert but i dont think its down to her to interfere . Its not like Chrissie and her are close. One thing to warn her and leave it at that, another to be obsessed with exposing someone. Affairs are terrible but it's not like he's committedwar crimes or is a people trafficker, or has his first wife buried under the patio. Katie doed neef yo stop interfering.

That said, katie is generally a nice character and its horrible to see her forcing others to turn against her. At least we're also seeing her being kind and supportive to Belle. I suspect thst their making enemies for Katie for full dramatic impacy -possibly a whodunnit:(.

I agree about her reputation on here. She's only slept with four or five guys hasn't she? I never get the impression she goes out on the pull. Ok shes not pure as the driven dnow, but it's not Sodom and Gommorrah is it?

Good post, I totally agree.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Agree about this storyline and the fact that rob is now gay is just beyond stupid. The old Robert was about as gay as rodney. Whoever thought up these storylines should be sacked.

Matt - you'll surprised to know that there are a lot of 'straight' guys out there that are in fact gay or bi-sexual! It's a fact. Rob is no different.
    (I've met a few!):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt - you'll surprised to know that there are a lot of 'straight' guys out there that are in fact gay or bi-sexual! It's a fact. Rob is no different.

As a long term viewer of Emmerdale I'm sorry it just a straightforward recon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    As a long term viewer of Emmerdale I'm sorry it just a straightforward recon.
    Donna, Elaine (at the same time), Katie, Nicola, Debbie and Sadie would probably agree with that. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LilMissJen wrote: »

No it's not - there are questions asked about her fate in the article; there is nothing to say that she does die.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ha ha - I love how this old chestnut always gets trotted out whenever a soap character is suddenly made gay / bisexual as a means to justify it.
    Yes - it happens - I've known a few myself.

But it doesn't change the fact that when this character was being written for prior to this under different producers, there was no intention on their part that the character was bisexual (and he would have been if we are to believe in the authenticity & continuity of the character).
    He is a fictional character - and it is merely the whim of the current producer to "add" this element to his characterisation.
    It is also entirely within anyone's right to have the opinion that they disagree with the producer's opinion to make this change to this "fictional" character.
    Robert Sugden has been retconned.
    Personally - I disagree with the producers decision on this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭