Options

Who Killed Lucy Beale? - Latest theories, updates and spoilers (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    MattXfactorMattXfactor Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madlinger wrote: »
    How did u get a free bet? It was my first time gambling so i dont know how it works, and itll be my last if i lose lol

I use betfair alot so get free bets fairly regularly, i invest around £200 monthly on there exchanges so they give me about £20 free bets a month
  • Options
    LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more I think about it the more I think it was Ian. The man has a history of mental illness, but that's not really the point. I can see it totally within his character to kill her by accident, panic and then move her. And the then go into a semi catatonic state and have it only feel real when he was told she was dead by the police, hence his reaction.
    Plus, Adam Woodyatt would be incredible in a live reveal, the man is a brilliant actor. It would be such a game changer if it was him. And given the hype surrounding the story I'd expect nothing short of a bombshell.
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus the fact they are leaving the soap!
    I do think the injury when she banged her head in Max's office resulted in her death, and she collapsed while having an argument with someone, causing them to panic and act irrationally.
    I hope the reveal is a huge surprise, and not a let down, but with all the theories put forward, every eventuality has been covered- or has it......,,,,
  • Options
    LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of interest who's writing the live?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In good friday ep a distraught lucy tells lauren shes just gonna send peter a message when they stand outside the party, perhaps for drugs? She got a message from someone later. Why though would peter help her out after ian said she was his favorite...

When was the unsent text to peter dated? Wouldnt they suspect peter if it was the night she died
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Was the b&q broken into or was it trashed but no sign of a break in?

Who had keys or access to the keys for the b&b? They would either have been in Denise's posession or she had left them in Ian's house. So if they were at Ian's someone must have known they were for the b&b.

Someone refresh me where Patrick was at the time of the murder please.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    I'm not suggesting Patrick did it am wondering where his keys were
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sundream wrote: »
    I don't know if this has come up at all before, but I was having a look around the Lucy case file on the website the other day, because I feel sure that they would have some sneaky clues in there. One of the newspaper articles is written by a journalist called Arvin Sloane. I googled the name as it's so unusual, and it turns out that it's the name of a character from the TV series 'Alias'. I'm not familiar with the series, but there is a wiki page with lots of info about the character's story lines. One of those stories being, that he accidentally killed his daughter during a struggle. Sneaky clue or clever red herring, I don't think it can be a random name coincidence. :confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arvin_Sloane

Interesting stuff. Good detective work there!!
    God damnit it seems you have outsmarted me on this occasion!

Lol, but in all seriousness I genuinely don't really know who did it but I do have a gut feeling it may be Jay (in reality I'm probably less than %50 sure of this) and if its not Jay I have a feeling it may be Ian.

Admittedly its based on a huge amount of guess work so theres more than a strong possibility I could be wrong lol.
    If you feel it in your waters AND in your gut, then you have to follow these :D
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In good friday ep a distraught lucy tells lauren shes just gonna send peter a message when they stand outside the party, perhaps for drugs? She got a message from someone later. Why though would peter help her out after ian said she was his favorite...

When was the unsent text to peter dated? Wouldnt they suspect peter if it was the night she died

This was my question the other day. IMX unsent texts aren't dated, so it could have been days old.
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member

Someone refresh me where Patrick was at the time of the murder please.

He was abroad on holiday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    westenders wrote: »
    Just under 2 weeks to go now and in my mind I've narrowed it down to three based on theories/clues/gut instinct and some common sense.

PRIME SUSPECT 1
    Peter Beale

I think there are many clues which point to the killer being Peter.

1) Music box - I agree with the theory that Lucy was killed in her own house/ by a family member. Peter ticks this box.
    2) Lauren in fatboy's video and Jane persuading her not to go to the police - Perhaps us seeing Lauren going up to the Beale household in that video is a clue. Lauren was going to meet Peter that night. Jane perhaps knows that Peter was the killer but knows that it was a heat of the moment/drug rage or she sympathises with Peter's reason for killing Lucy. It's reasonable to expect Jane to cover up for Peter as he was always her favourite of the 2 twins. Additionally, she wouldn't want Bobby growing up with the scandal of his brother murdering his sister.
    3) Drug dealing & Ian not accepting Peter initially - I think this is symbolic.
    4) Photos behind Billy's fridge. Maybe Billy's reason was legit? Peter hid them there.
    5) Peter crying in Ian's arms in the episode following Lucy's death. Perhaps this is the moment Peter realises that he Is responsible and feels extreme guilt.
    6) Taking the shirt off in that recent scene with Lauren - I think there is more to this than merely pleasing the viewers. I think this scene is symbolic (Peter baring all, nothing to hide when he is with Lauren).
    7) Lauren and Peter getting back together! - This is the most important clue of all. The reason these 2 were paired up again is because it will create insane amounts of drama when it is revealed that one of them killed Lucy. I think it's also very possible that Lauren knows Peter is the killer or vice versa! Lucy only caused grief for both of them and maybe they were glad that she is finally gone.

PRIME SUSPECT 2
    LAUREN BRANNING

Most of the reasoning behind it being Lauren is similar to the reasoning behind it being Peter. Lauren being the killer would create unparalleled levels of drama and it would also justify why Max/Abi have been getting so much attention in this storyline. I believe Max covering for Abi has been the decoy. Secretly, Max knows that Lauren herself is in fact the killer. The killer being Lauren would also explain Tanya (Jo Joyner)'s upcoming return. Ok, I know that Jacqueline Jossa is in deep stages of pregnancy right now but there are ways of working round this.

FINAL POTENTIAL SUSPECT WHITNEY DEAN

Whitney is connected to all the various clues somehow or another:

1) Billy's photos & music box - by babysitting Lexy and Beth.
    2) The message at the wedding I think is similar to the music box thing. They were both secret messages designed to upset the harmony and show anger towards Lucy.
    3) I like that theory that Peter singing "Lady in Red" in the recent episode is a major clue. Whitney, of course, wore a red dress on the night Lucy was killed.
    4) Whitney, like Lauren and Peter has serious motives. Lucy having the affair with Lee, just when Whitney fought she had finally found a good bloke after all she had gone through, maybe tipped her over the edge.
    5) We also haven't seen much of her recently - maybe DTC has purposely been trying to take the attention away from her.

OUTSIDE BETS

Alfie Moon, Fatboy, Tanya.

I've written too much already - use your imagination for these ones :D

WHY I RULED THEM OUT

ABI - Not a major enough character. Abi has also had way too much negative attention on her (eg Halloween and killing Tramp) for her to actually be the killer. Abi is the classic red herring of a murder mystery.
    JANE - It is very possible that Jane is an accessory (eg covering for Peter), but she herself is not the killer. It would be way too out of character for Jane to kill Lucy and then marry Ian. If you had killed a girl the last thing you would do is marry her dad. Jane is marrying Ian out of genuine concern for his emotional wellbeing and because she wants to hold the family together.
    DENISE - Hard to find a serious motive. Denise and Ian weren't happy with each other in any case. Denise being the killer wouldn't create a long lasting impact anyway. She'd just get put in jail and we'd forget about her (ironically enough, sort of what happened with Lucas). The person who turns out to be the killer has to have serious connections to the Beale (and Brannings, to a lesser extent) family.
    CINDY - Not a major character. They're also not going to be stupid enough to make the killer of their biggest murder plot for years be a teen mom. The BBC & Eastenders would receive way too much negative press.
    BOBBY - As with Cindy, way too risky for them to make Bobby a child killer. This is a soap after all, not a gritty crime drama. EastEnders can't get away with stuff like that.
    JAY & BEN - Like Abi, they are just red herrings. Again, Jay wouldn't have anywhere near enough of an impact so it would just be a case of locking up Jay and throwing away the key. Ben being the killer would just regurgitate the Heather storyline and would be boring for viewers. It would also be too unrealistic for him to kill his niece over a small amount of money.
    IAN - They won't make their soap Icon his daughter's killer after 30 years in the soap. It just won't happen.
    LEE - Not important enough character. Motives not serious enough.

IT WAS MURDER/MANSLAUGHTER. NOT AN ACCIDENT

You don't build up a major murder storyline for essentially a whole year just to turn round and do a Derek Branning type death. The Derek Branning storyline was much shorter and was just for a shock moment on Christmas day. At no point did they suggest he would be murdered. Derek's death also met a lot of backlash (notably from bookmakers and betting punters). They won't do this again.

God that was exhausting writing. Maybe I have too much free time... :) Hope I have convinced some of you that the killer has to be Peter or Lauren. They are the 2 most logical candidates from what I have seen and from a plot-development standpoint.:cool:

Fascinating to read other people's theories. It just shows how well the storyline has been put together.

I can't argue against any of your top three theories but then only Peter would be in mine and I'd discount Lauren and Whitney.

I'd include Ben and then any of Ian/Jane/Peter/Cindy as my prime suspects for the reasons I've given previously. I certainly wouldn't rule out Ian, Jane or Ben at this stage.

TBH I just don't see Whitney (nor probably Lauren) as having that big an impact in the aftermath and it's those episodes which are the real critical ones to the overall storyline, much more so than Good Friday until now. It's the aftermath of the revelation which is going to blow apart people's lives and set-up many of the next raft of stories and I'm afraid I just don't see the potential coming from characters outside of Ben and the Beales.

But what do I know? :):confused:
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    Fascinating to read other people's theories. It just shows how well the storyline has been put together.

I can't argue against any of your top three theories but then only Peter would be in mine and I'd discount Lauren and Whitney.

I'd include Ben and then any of Ian/Jane/Peter/Cindy as my prime suspects for the reasons I've given previously. I certainly wouldn't rule out Ian, Jane or Ben at this stage.

TBH I just don't see Whitney (nor probably Lauren) as having that big an impact in the aftermath and it's those episodes which are the real critical ones to the overall storyline, much more so than Good Friday until now. It's the aftermath of the revelation which is going to blow apart people's lives and set-up many of the next raft of stories and I'm afraid I just don't see the potential coming from characters outside of Ben and the Beales.

But what do I know? :):confused:

Whitney is family tho and anyone from the family killing Lucy would have a big impact on that family - maybe not necessarily to the viewer but to the family involved, it would be huge - just my theory :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    I know it's been discussed before, but I can't remember the details.... What did the police say was the reason that they believe Lucy was moved? Was it because of the lack of blood at the scene? If so, could she have just collapsed there from an earlier injury, and then the blood would have been elsewhere? (whether she was on her own or with someone).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's been discussed before, but I can't remember the details.... What did the police say was the reason that they believe Lucy was moved? Was it because of the lack of blood at the scene? If so, could she have just collapsed there from an earlier injury, and then the blood would have been elsewhere? (whether she was on her own or with someone).

Because of no blood at scene
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing i would say is it is surely one of Ian, Jane, Peter or Cindy.

That might seem obvious but doesn't it kinda have to be? Drugs at the heart of it. A conflict that stems directly from drugs. I think this will be the "what" killed Lucy. Not physically but as a direct result of it.

The Branning connection is the red herring to bring us to D Day.

Is it a coincidence that this is coming down on a wedding day? It simply has to involve the wedding party in some major way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tellystar wrote: »
    How could Ian or Peter, or indeed anyone close to her, keep it to themselves without breaking down; How would they bear this burden, then carry on as normal, laughing and joking for such a long time?
    It would would be too much
    Has anyone thought it might be the man she worked with when she was employed by Janine, in the lettings business
    It would be a disappointment if it turned out to be soneone who is not in EE at the moment, but no one has said that it is definitely someone who is in it at the present time, have they?

That was Danny wasn't it? It was mentioned somewhere that he was abroad on holiday and his alibi had been checked & confirmed by the cops, Cant recall when this was said exactly but pretty sure it was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I'm new to this site loving the suspense and drama
    I cannot believe Peter or Lauren are culprits however I do believe Nick has his part to
    Play has anyone seen the spoiler images of Peter in the car? The image of the driver side profile looks like Nick Was Peter meeting up with Nick?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    Whitney is family tho and anyone from the family killing Lucy would have a big impact on that family - maybe not necessarily to the viewer but to the family involved, it would be huge - just my theory :)

Sorry :confused: how is Whitney family to the Beales? We never knew her parents, just that she was adopted by Bianca. She's got no connections to the Beales..... or has my brain finally overheated?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Whitney is carol Brannings fostered grandaughter ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of Lucy's very last scenes was of her using her phone. Scroll to 26:27... what do people think was being conveyed at that point? Was she feeling unwell and trying to throw it off (blood clot on the brain perhaps)? Or was she supposed to be looking thoughtful and reflective? I can't decide but she does look somewhat ill and unsteady. We don't know whether Ian gave her back the drugs when she asked him for them or not, of course.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1rojkb_eastenders-friday-18th-april-2014-full-episode_creation

I wonder is this supposed to imply that she is strung out, onset of withdrawal? I don't think this would be accurate with regard to cocaine as such but perhaps that is the thinking behind it.

In retrospect her desperation to find Peter before the party may not have been the selfless act it seemed now that we know that Peter was her go to man.

She had just left home where the sole purpose of her visit was to get her drugs back.
    Becoming increasingly strung out she decides to head to her alternative dealer at the commons flats on the bus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm new to this site loving the suspense and drama
    I cannot believe Peter or Lauren are culprits however I do believe Nick has his part to
    Play has anyone seen the spoiler images of Peter in the car? The image of the driver side profile looks like Nick Was Peter meeting up with Nick?

Welcome! I hope you've read all 176 pages of this thread! :D

Those pics have been discussed, yes, various names put forward - Nick, as you say, Jake, PC Emma's ex (whatever his name is :blush:) or just a random man-cum-drug dealer. Could be irrelevant or a red herring.... who knows?!

Something about the car leans me towards Emma's ex if I'm honest. It would be highly coincidental for Peter to have met him before Lucy's death, mind.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Pacerkez wrote: »
    Also one for windows, which house needed a new window after Peter broke it? the Beales home.

I never saw that episode. We are on to something here!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Because of no blood at scene

Thanks. So she could have got there by herself then, unless we are to assume that they have other test results that point to her being moved after she had died, and they just haven't been mentioned. I'm struggling with the whole someone close to her moving the body thing. I find it hard to believe that they would go and dump her on the common.
  • Options
    iveivaniveivan Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry :confused: how is Whitney family to the Beales? We never knew her parents, just that she was adopted by Bianca. She's got no connections to the Beales..... or has my brain finally overheated?

Bianca is Ian's step niece. So, you can say Whitney is related too.

Not sure anyone considers thwt an important relationship on the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. So she could have got there by herself then, unless we are to assume that they have other test results that point to her being moved after she had died, and they just haven't been mentioned. I'm struggling with the whole someone close to her moving the body thing. I find it hard to believe that they would go and dump her on the common.

Yh its pretty cold, but if they felt they had good reason to it could have been many ppl, not ian though