Options

Top Gear

Comments

• Options
    GodAtumGodAtum Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    isnt it illegal to use blue lights on public roads?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SgtRock wrote: »
    Daniele Ricciardo is reminding me of the Friends episode "The One With Ross's Teeth".

:D - he was brilliant though, wasn't he? I knew he'd beaten Hamilton because Jeremy could hardly keep a lid on his own excitement!
    I know there'll be viewers who absolutely hated tonight's episode, but I have to say, I laughed till I cried when they were in the ambulances with their patients.
    It was all incredibly silly - and it gave me a real giggle, which was much needed :)
  • Options
    Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This morning, a second after I'd set foot outside my front door, I slipped on my frosty driveway and fell onto my back, a fall that knocked the wind out of me. It took me ten seconds to recover my breath enough to be able to crawl back indoors. My ribs have been tender, to say the least, all day.

What I did not need, then, was an episode of Top Gear that was the most hilarious in years. The last time I'd laughed that much during an episode was the police cars challenge, but this episode managed to top that by a considerable margin. God, it hurt to laugh but I was in hysterics. Even the cow apology made me snort.

Absolutely brilliant.
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    Anonandon wrote: »
    Should point out that its a hard, grim, brave job. Hardly mentioned, that it's a heroic individual that they are parodying.

I think most people are well aware that it's a hard, grim job without having to be told ... and they weren't "parodying" ambulance drivers or paramedics. They were taking the pi*s out of themselves.

I'm still hooting with laughter ... and well done Daniel Ricciardo. Absoluetly stonkin' lap!

(I usually skip the Star In a Car, but I enjoy watching the F1 drivers)
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulsh1 wrote: »
    Absolutely one of the funniest programmes I've seen on TV in years.

The Thunderbirds part was hilarious, and I'm still laughing at Richard Hammond's patient being jettisoned into the hospital!

10/10

Top Gear has turned into The Goodies!

Likewise, I don't often hoot out loud these days but when Hammond launched his patient into the window I surely did. I'm not proud of that! :D

Every entertaining all round, whats Top Gear about again? ;)
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Loved Top Gear tonight, one of the funniest things in ages. Those close ups of Clarkson with the gentleman sausage in the back of the Porsche was a hoot.

Did anyone check out the number plate...you know just in case :)
  • Options
    Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did anyone check out the number plate...you know just in case :)

Oddly enough, I did... :blush:
  • Options
    marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it too.
    Lots of good bits that made me laugh, specially the Thunderbirds with all the details, even the folding palm trees!

Ricardo was a lot of fun.
    But i didn't really catch the two questions asked by the public.
    Anyone got that?
  • Options
    SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    Loved it too.
    Lots of good bits that made me laugh, specially the Thunderbirds with all the details, even the folding palm trees!

Anyone got that?

One of the questions was "what's it like looking at the back of Hamiltons car?!" :D the other one I can't remember
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Loved it too.

Anyone got that?

1. "What does the back of Lewis' car look like?"
    2. "Who's better ... you or Webber?"
  • Options
    Evil GeniusEvil Genius Posts: 8,884
    Forum Member
    Did you notice the mugs on the table during the news?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supercell wrote: »
    One of the questions was "what's it like looking at the back of Hamiltons car?!" :D the other one I can't remember

I got 'car' somewhere but not the rest,
    thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. "What does the back of Lewis' car look like?"
    2. "Who's better ... you or Webber?"

If figures, they talked about Webber's time after,
    thanks.
  • Options
    catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny, funnier and funniest Top Gear seen for ages. I am sure ambulance drivers would have loved it. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If figures, they talked about Webber's time after,
    thanks.

I admit to cheating! I was watching it again on iPlayer so switched the subtitles on! :blush:
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was a bonkers episode - I loved it. :D
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No.

Is it worth checking on iPlayer?
  • Options
    DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Chilean flags again - is this going to be a running gag throughout the series?
  • Options
    DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Thunderbirds parody was great. May doing the puppet-walk reminded me of the "Thunderbirds: F.A.B. – The Next Generation" stage show (I wish that had been filmed and released on DVD - it was truly hilarious).

They should have used the original Thunderbirds theme, though - or perhaps they were denied permission to do so?
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bigpod wrote: »
    Where are they filming - sure its not Theale.

It was the urban training range at Lydd. My dad works nearby and saw them down there during filming.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, but I thought the prog was absolutely awful. Gone are the serious days of motoring, now it's more liking to a Brian Rix farce. Totally predictable, not especially funny, and certainly not entertaining unless you like slapstick comedy.

Top Gear has moved into low gear in my opinion.
  • Options
    Boo Radley75Boo Radley75 Posts: 13,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who wants to watch a serious, boring program about cars? Plenty of those kind of shows and a whole channel devoted to them if you do. Still can't believe people still moan on about it being contrived. Of course it is, its an entertainment program. And last nights Top Gear was the best for a long time! So silly and over the top but hilarious. Jeremy nearly getting a "gentleman's sausage" in his mouth, Hammond firing his patient through the window and Stig just staring down at the patient he just "killed" were the highlights for me.
  • Options
    CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They gave some dullard F1 chat for people who like cars going round and round but other than that it was fantastic. It's rare to laugh out loud so much at any show let alone one which is 'entertainment' rather than Comedy! Brilliant
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Sorry, but I thought the prog was absolutely awful. Gone are the serious days of motoring, now it's more liking to a Brian Rix farce. Totally predictable, not especially funny, and certainly not entertaining unless you like slapstick comedy.

Top Gear has moved into low gear in my opinion.

Yet you still continue to watch it. Why? I hate Eastenders for example, I don't watch it nor do I go onto the forums to moan how rubbish it is.

I'm amazed so many people who claim to dislike TG manage to sit through it every week only to then moan.
  • Options
    Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this episode.

Every part of the ambulance saga had me laughing out loud and hats off to Ricciardo.
This discussion has been closed.