Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    MiniMort2MiniMort2 Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    victor mel wrote: »
    Cadburys chocolate and the Moon River song. It's been on too long now.
    It's actually Galaxy and yes it REALLY needs replacing. Also the woman/ computer drone is a criminal for stealing hats!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why does Facebook, of all the companies out there, need to advertise?
    Also why does THE POST OFFICE need adverts?
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the Mars advert with the dog playing the pan pipes especially his eyes as he's playing.
  • Options
    HypnosssHypnosss Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrex - "As clean as rain drops" "as clean as yotto???!!!" What?? Then at the end the kid says "as clean as gold pants" but it sounds like he says god pants and then he does a very annoying giggle.

Dyson - "Do you remember...?" Pretentious crap!!!

Hive - and their even longer jingle!!

Warburtons - "Dear Jonathan Warburtons..." Idiotic sandwich man in the office where women can't get enough of him.
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MiniMort2 wrote: »
    It's actually Galaxy and yes it REALLY needs replacing. Also the woman/ computer drone is a criminal for stealing hats!
    That demonstrates how ineffective some of these ads are. Several times I've only learnt what a given ad was advertising after seeing it described in this thread, due to the fact that I mentally recoil whenever it comes on screen.
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sounds familiar sounds like something H&H advertises today.

What type of ad was it?

An ad warning children and parents about online predators.
    I think it was one of those government ads they release designed to shock you
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MiniMort2 wrote: »
    Also why does THE POST OFFICE need adverts?

Probably because royal mail are offering a shoddy service these days and with so many alternatives to most of there services out there people are starting to wise up
  • Options
    stripey_socksstripey_socks Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    money supermarket advert (with Sharon Osbourne in it)
    The iceland peter andre advert
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The dreadful Safestyle Windows is back with the shouty man, "Yer Buy one yer get on free" I still feel that he is the boss of the company who thought, I'm not paying any poncy actors to do the ad, I'll do it myself.":D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Sick of whistling ad. music? This is probably to blame:-

http://vsl.co.at/en/Voices_Complete/Vienna_Whistler

:D
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seven Seas ad where the 40+ woman boasts of dancing in Ibiza whilst eying up some bloke who's half her age.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    IIIIIIII IIIIIII BELIEVE IN YOOOOOOOOOOOOOU.

Just wish this advert would piss off already. It's put my off Kylie big time too....can't bear to listen to any of her songs any more. The same happened when Take That used their Shine song for Morrisons.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seven Seas ad where the 40+ woman boasts of dancing in Ibiza whilst eying up some bloke who's half her age.

She looks like an ancient Louise from Eternal!.

Facebook 'friends' advert overlong and sanctimonious.
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    One advert that pisses me off even worse than the Go Compare man is that bloody Nescaffe advert.

Do they not understand how irritating it is that bloody whistling and the mother who just gets in your way as your trying to come down the stairs (Push her down them) or tries to wake the daughter up by banging two saucepans together. I guess shes lucky the daughter doesnt just clout her with one of them.
  • Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sainsburys advert.

"We sell these dishwasher tablets for £8, like Tesco. Unlike Tesco, we used to charge £12 to their £16."

Erm...so Tesco's deal is better then? Is this what you're advertising, Sainsburys?
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks like an ancient Louise from Eternal!.

I thought that too...don't want to be mean, but those Seven Seas tablets don't seem to be doing her much good!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Haribo!
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beat that Colin.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    The dreadful Safestyle Windows is back with the shouty man, "Yer bahhh one yer ge' wohn fray". I still feel that he is the boss of the company who thought, I'm not paying any poncy actors to do the ad, I'll do it myself." :D
    Just how many years has that advert been on now? I seem to remember it being around 2002 when it first appeared, maybe give or take a year. Too bloody long, anyway :(
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Ronnie Corbett and that awful "Wiltshire Farm Foods" advert is constantly on throughout the day brainwashing elderly people to buy their awful products! I'm not elderly - but I have been given samples from a neighbour - they are terrible!! 'formed-meat' and goodness knows what goes into the rest - and they wouldn't feed a cat! (a cat would turn away, believe me!). The amount they charge is why they can afford to advertise so many times throughout the day to catch elderly people!!
    OK: you can micro-wave them within 9 minutes - but there's not much there! And it's yukky!! :o:o:o
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do wish they wouldn't keep repeating the line 'Type 2 diabetes' in the Channel 4 advert for the film 'Cuban Fury'. It is like repeating 'DON'T FORGET YOU ARE ILL' to people who already have 'T2 diabetes'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OMG! OMG! OMG! Just f*** off!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just how many years has that advert been on now? I seem to remember it being around 2002 when it first appeared, maybe give or take a year. Too bloody long, anyway :(

Ha! The people in the advert probably see this and think 'God I've aged!'
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Glad I'm not the only one who finds this the most nauseating ad on TV at the moment.
    "I was in Ibiza the other week, and I was dancing"
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    Ronnie Corbett and that awful "Wiltshire Farm Foods" advert is constantly on throughout the day brainwashing elderly people to buy their awful products! I'm not elderly - but I have been given samples from a neighbour - they are terrible!! 'formed-meat' and goodness knows what goes into the rest - and they wouldn't feed a cat! (a cat would turn away, believe me!). The amount they charge is why they can afford to advertise so many times throughout the day to catch elderly people!!
    OK: you can micro-wave them within 9 minutes - but there's not much there! And it's yukky!! :o:o:o

Suprised they allow this type of sexism in a advert. Oh yeah its allowed to because its against men.
This discussion has been closed.