Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Praise where it is due, DH.

Blimey ... Today is a momentous one indeed :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kay Burley telling the representative of CAGE to get over himself has clocked up over 23,000 views. Way to go, Kay - although I'm still glad you've left LBC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMEb-xd4PiI

I really didn't like Kay Burley after the April Jones mess up but having followed her Twitter for a while now, I've come full circle.

I she wasn't very good on LBC (never thought she was committed) but I do enjoy her tweets.

She got some serious abuse and threats after that interview yesterday.
  • Options
    Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone own up to ever downloading Fogarty's show to listen again ?
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    Lisa Aziz would be better off conducting square-bashing in the Army, shouting orders with her screechy voice. I now have no choice but to turn off the morning news.

I agree Cayce her voice isn't suited for radio, however I would say strident rather than screechy, but that is probably being pedantic. :blush::D
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peachykeen wrote: »
    Blimey ... Today is a momentous one indeed :)

"Invasion of the Body Snatchers." :D
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JT2060 wrote: »
    There is one reason he survives, and most people know why.

Do we :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't hear JOB this morning but I would like to know what went on here ...

Iain Dale's tweet ... ' So, @mrjamesob, aware you seriously comparing @Nigel_Farage to Anjem Choudhary? Disgraceful. Shall I call in?! '

What led to that comment ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    Could he be a Tory? :D

Thought he waa a member of the Labour Party :confused:
    chinchin wrote:
    More LBC Flickr Foamar fun:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/foamar/
    Wish you would go back to providing stats. At least they were somewhat interesting !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thought he waa a member of the Labour Party :confused:

Wish you would go back to providing stats. At least they were somewhat interesting !

Did you click on the first link Martin? :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you click on the first link Martin? :D:p

I did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did.

*Sniggers* :D Was it you in the video or David Cameron? What did you think? :p
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    I did.

Further to add, all the party leaders look much of a muchness nowadays Martin. Overpackaged, overgroomed - labels practically hanging from their clothing - a decidedly dodgy bunch for any voter to decide upon. Ooh, forgot to mention having to listen to them as well, although not compulsory. :D
  • Options
    Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought he was a member of the Labour Party :confused:

Correct on both counts, Martin.
  • Options
    makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    Peachykeen wrote: »
    I didn't hear JOB this morning but I would like to know what went on here ...

Iain Dale's tweet ... ' So, @mrjamesob, aware you seriously comparing @Nigel_Farage to Anjem Choudhary? Disgraceful. Shall I call in?! '

What led to that comment ??

JOB didn't compare them in any meaningful way, so ID is talking out his behind there, I'm afraid. They were two examples that JOB gave of people the media love to get in, as they were good for controversial quotes, etc, and stir up public interest, which is what the commercial media need to survive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    makeba72 wrote: »
    JOB didn't compare them in any meaningful way, so ID is talking out his behind there , I'm afraid. They were two examples that JOB gave of people the media love to get in, as they were good for controversial quotes, etc, and stir up public interest, which is what the commercial media need to survive.

Well, I'd rather hear a neutral interpretation of this comment than an appraisal from 'one' that leans to the left. The premise of my response being, 'people only hear what they want to hear, thus'.
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree Cayce her voice isn't suited for radio, however I would say strident rather than screechy, but that is probably being pedantic. :blush::D

You certainly don't need an alarm clock to wake you up at 6.30am, that I can tell you.:blush:
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'd rather hear a neutral interpretation of this comment than an appraisal from 'one' that leans to the left. The premise of my response being, 'people only hear what they want to hear, thus'.

And you think Iain Dale is neutral? Moreover, do you consider yourself to be neutral to judge?

I didn't hear the show so I don't know what was said, however, both Mr Farage and Anjem Choudary have been vocal critics of the UK's involvement in military action in Iraq and Afghanistan so one could legitimately make a comparison between these 2 men.
  • Options
    Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correct on both counts, Martin.
    On second thoughts - correct about Keith Vaz (who spoke briefly on Iain Dale's show last night) being a Labour politician.
    As far as the stats go … hmmmm …. I'm not really bothered to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JT2060 wrote: »
    There is one reason he survives, and most people know why.

Didn't he survive because the Parliamentary commissioner of standards cleared him off all the serious allegations against him and he was asked to apologise for more minor transgressions and served a suspension which closed the issue?
  • Options
    Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »
    JOB didn't compare them in any meaningful way, so ID is talking out his behind there, I'm afraid. They were two examples that JOB gave of people the media love to get in, as they were good for controversial quotes, etc, and stir up public interest, which is what the commercial media need to survive.

UKIP came top in the Euro elections last year with nearly 4.4 million votes. It's not a case of 'getting in' Farage as a rent a quote as complying with OFCOM regulations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nihonga wrote: »
    You certainly don't need an alarm clock to wake you up at 6.30am, that I can tell you.:blush:

;-) Please spare your blushes. The high pitch sound of Aziz's voice has become excruciating. Some mornings, her piercing strident sounds have proved too much. Unscrewing head from.body didn't seem to work somehow, so now the alternative is to switch off radio entirely and hope when I turn back on, I'll hear the dulcet tones of Nick F. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    And you think Iain Dale is neutral? Moreover, do you consider yourself to be neutral to judge?

I didn't hear the show so I don't know what was said, however, both Mr Farage and Anjem Choudary have been vocal critics of the UK's involvement in military action in Iraq and Afghanistan so one could legitimately make a comparison between these 2 men.

BiB. Of course I don't think ID would be neutral! You prejudge so readily you must think other posters are totally foolish. You could be making a grave mistake. You didn't hear the show, neither did I, so why make presumptions without the given facts, of which you are fond of making!?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BiB, Of course I don't think ID would be neutral! You prejudge so readily you must think other posters are totally foolish. You could be making a grave mistake. You didn't hear the show, neither did I, so why make presumptions without the given facts, which you are so fond of making!?!

I never said you did think Iain Dale was neutral, I asked a question. To borrow a phrase from Kay Burley, get over yourself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    I never said you did think Iain Dale was neutral, I asked a question. To borrow a phrase from Kay Burley, get over yourself.

A cheap shot clitheroe you even reinforced the question twice over, look to your post. So to quote Kay Burley 'get over yourself'..back on you!
This discussion has been closed.