Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• Options
    kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    I loved Coming Home, i love Talk dirty to me even more., That Richard is a fox i tell ya. Firelight shoud have entered that this year. I do Like Malta's warrior though.
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conty, whilst we're blessed with your presence,m I'm assuming that you've heard this that qualified in Austria?

FolkShilfe - Seit A Poa Tog
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10EaabY92PA

I have no idea what's going on in the last 20 seconds ....
  • Options
    contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Conty, whilst we're blessed with your presence,m I'm assuming that you've heard this that qualified in Austria?

Anne I have been terribly bad this year -- I'm generally listening to the songs for the first time during the NF...

If the last 20 seconds were the whole 3 minutes you may have been onto something there Anne...but...it's a no from me...
  • Options
    Forum Member

There is another round on saturday for Austria . Hope that isnt what is going through. Sounds like that Thing Alf Poeyer did at euro some years back.
  • Options
    da33431da33431 Posts: 48,934
    Forum Member
    I read it as FolkShite :o
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,281
    Forum Member

Not the same without the visual - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjs4IWICiZE
  • Options
    Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I was the first to spot Coming Home last year, can I be part of your gang too ? :p
    I'm afraid your credentials are under review after the Adam Szabo incident. :p;-)

I suggested this to Lisa last week so if it goes on to win they're mine otherwise you're on your own. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lisa.B wrote: »

not lookers are they. Looks like they might be brothers and cousins all at the same time.:o:D

Bit of an insult after Conchita's amazing win last year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like that woman doing that peruvian throat singing at the end there and waving her arms like a performing seal i
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm afraid your credentials are under review after the Adam Szabo incident. :p;-)

I suggested this to Lisa last week so if it goes on to win they're mine otherwise you're on your own. ;-)

I don't so sloppy seconds...you can 'ave 'em...
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    contejas wrote: »
    Anne I have been terribly bad this year -- I'm generally listening to the songs for the first time during the NF...

If the last 20 seconds were the whole 3 minutes you may have been onto something there Anne...but...it's a no from me...

The whole bloody thing is a no from me, it's a bit of a mess

Oh great, thanks Lisa, I'll not sleep tonight :p

No, trust me Drew, they're all yours :D Heard it on the radio today (ESC, not Ken Bruce!) and thought of you and conty immediately ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    folkshite is about right
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So somebody on this thread is now following me on Spotify but I don't know who they are. Intrigued!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    After seeing the visual this could be a Drew Major Conty Minor affair...they really perform the socks off it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    da33431 wrote: »
    So somebody on this thread is now following me on Spotify but I don't know who they are. Intrigued!

;-);-):o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole bloody thing is a no from me, it's a bit of a mess

Oh great, thanks Lisa, I'll not sleep tonight :p

No, trust me Drew, they're all yours :D Heard it on the radio today (ESC, not Ken Bruce!) and thought of you and conty immediately ...

The accordion is Austria's national instrument, it's only fitting that it's part of their song in this momentous year for them. I was hoping Andreas Gabalier would represent them. This has been in the Austrian charts for the last 5 years.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90-XoBmsWrY
  • Options
    Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Nikolaj is a jack-of-all-trades: he's a radio host, musical director, penis, journalist and wears a fantastic pair of spectacles."

Enjoying some of Laura Whitmore's commentary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ;-);-):o

Oh I see!!! ;-)

Well if it was you I would have thought my Eurovision playlist would be your idea of hell :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Edwin Okli wrote: »
    "Nikolaj is a jack-of-all-trades: he's a radio host, musical director, penis, journalist and wears a fantastic pair of spectacles."

Enjoying some of Laura Whitmore's commentary.

That was amazing. :D
    not lookers are they. Looks like they might be brothers and cousins all at the same time.:o:D

Bit of an insult after Conchita's amazing win last year.

The middle one looks like Jim Rosenthal's son that's in that Friday Night Dinner on C4.

It's not me, I've not advanced to that stage yet. :D Still plugging away adding songs, well over 100 so far, problem is I get distracted listening to bits and pieces.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After seeing the visual this could be a Drew Major Conty Minor affair...they really perform the socks off it!

Apparently this week they're picking songs to perform in the final (like Belgium last year) so sadly this isn't going to be one of them.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's not me, I've not advanced to that stage yet. :D Still plugging away adding songs, well over 100 so far, problem is I get distracted listening to bits and pieces.

It was an attractive male, so I ruled you out as I've seen your attractive female pic :p

Oh and I want to follow your playlist when it's done because I know it'll be full of some hidden divas and warrior princesses I've yet to discover :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The middle one looks like Jim Rosenthal's son that's in that Friday Night Dinner on C4.

not checked yet but it could be me as i have been figuring out how everything works. i may have clicked on something inadvertantly.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently this week they're picking songs to perform in the final (like Belgium last year) so sadly this isn't going to be one of them.:(

Thanks goodness. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sings.......Oh Belgium, where did it all go wrong......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was an attractive male, so I ruled you out as I've seen your attractive female pic :p

Oh and I want to follow your playlist when it's done because I know it'll be full of some hidden divas and warrior princesses I've yet to discover :D

All thriller and no filler. :cool: I've allowed the odd ballad. You're not wrong, I'd say it's about 95%+ female at present.
This discussion has been closed.