Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like A Virgin playing at Faye's 13th birthday party.....now that is a massive SOR in her case! :D
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Like A Virgin playing at Faye's 13th birthday party.....now that is a massive SOR in her case! :D

LOL! I never noticed that.

What I did notice is that she has some sort of "bump". I noticed it when she was chatting to Craig in his kitchen. How Anna hasnt spotted it is beyond me!
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We noticed that, strange wasn't it? Someone on the production team has a sense of humour it seems!

I had forgotten that Michael is sans ice cream van and now works at Streetcars. Shows how much impression he has made on me!
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did Izzy get up on that high worktop and why?
  • Options
    Ginger1Ginger1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member

Ha ha IKR! I probably had that and the aha song played at my 13th birthday too ....trouble is I'm nearly 40!
  • Options
    MallyminxMallyminx Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Back to The Platts' sleeping arrangements....
    David and ( temporarily absent) Kylie....main bedroom
    Max and Lily......second bedroom
    Gail and Les Dennis.......boxroom.
    Won't Max and Lily be needing separate rooms soon? Most parents would be telling granny and boyfriend to sling their hook by now.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish you would tell our local ice cream man that. He stops outside our house every day at four o clock all year round and does the whole "nursery rhyme at full blast" thing even though nobody has bought anything for ten years! :D

Why not pop out one day, and ask him why he comes everyday when nobody is buying anything. If he must come, ask him if he wouldn't mind stopping outside somewhere else on the road.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fayemian wrote: »
    Since when do ice cream vans make their money from selling ice cream? ;-)
    If the rumours about the ice cream van round where I used to live were anything to go by, ice cream was the last thing they sold :o

Obviously I have led a sheltered life. I thought it was just ice cream and lollies (sometimes a burger!).
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eileen was glammed up for her date tonight, hair done and everything and that makes a change!! Todd had chosen her outfit, apparently, but I guess he didn't look at her feet, for when she left the house she was clumping along the street wearing a pair of unattractive , heavy walking shoes on her big feet! Couldn't help laughing at that:D
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    RealGavin may not have had the money on him when he died. NotRealGavin would still have a key to the flat so why not check to see whether the money is still there?

Audrey must have spare bedrooms, I can see the Milan Mob staying with her, in fact it's a wonder Gail hasn't already moved in with her mum, though Audrey might not be too keen on Michael tagging along.
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mallyminx wrote: »
    Back to The Platts' sleeping arrangements....
    David and ( temporarily absent) Kylie....main bedroom
    Max and Lily......second bedroom
    Gail and Les Dennis.......boxroom.
    Won't Max and Lily be needing separate rooms soon? Most parents would be telling granny and boyfriend to sling their hook by now.

Leaving aside the finances, because it's difficult to see how David could afford to buy the house, there seems little point in him buying the house from Gail if she still stays.

I know that Michael's flat was less than perfect but why didn't Gail just help him with the rent and move there? Of course, it wasn't in the Street's critical live and work range! :D
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish you would tell our local ice cream man that. He stops outside our house every day at four o clock all year round and does the whole "nursery rhyme at full blast"

I'm the same, got the tinkly tones of. "The happy wander" indelibly etched on my brain
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    I'm the same, got the tinkly tones of. "The happy wander" indelibly etched on my brain

You presumably mean Wanderer :p "Here I go a wandering ... with a knapsack on my back" (no room for any ice cream !!!!)
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    stevepjk wrote: »

I would be grateful for a bit of Val-de-ree Val-de-rah after three months of Teddy bear's picnic! :D
    You presumably mean Wanderer :p "Here I go a wandering ... with a knapsack on my back" (no room for any ice cream !!!!)

It is actually called The happy wanderer. The Dion song is called "The wanderer" :Dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m6lymJy57E and Ensiferum have a (dreary) tune called "wanderer" :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKZd4U397M4
  • Options
    ZebstrikerZebstriker Posts: 875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Michael was reading the Weatherfield Gazette, the back page had a headline about the Scottish FA Cup fifth round
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zebstriker wrote: »
    When Michael was reading the Weatherfield Gazette, the back page had a headline about the Scottish FA Cup fifth round

which was played on the 7th/8th February. IIRC the headline mentioned the draw, and THAT would have been about the beginning of December when the 4th round was played. Gosh, are they reduced to reading three-month old papers?
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    fayemian wrote: »
    I know Aliya had her own flat when she was first in it as Gary crashed there when they first met, and there was that 'hilarious' misunderstanding about if he'd slept with her. But I thought she came back to live with her dad when she'd finished her course?

Imagine someone in the street living more than fifty yards from their workplace, doesn't bear thinking about
    Alya and her friend lived in a dormitory at university.

Stupid of the Nazirs to leave their well furnished house for Windass squalor.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chestfield wrote: »
    which was played on the 7th/8th February. IIRC the headline mentioned the draw, and THAT would have been about the beginning of December when the 4th round was played. Gosh, are they reduced to reading three-month old papers?

More like they can't be bothered.

I see the new, lovely and caring Michelle took poor ickle Sean under her wing last night. That's after she earwigged the whole scene with Emily, Dame Rita and Billy. Of course she had her arms folded and a look of annoyance on her face - as per! And let's not forget Dame Rita's sterling performance as matriarch of the street. She looked very cross! :D

Corrie script: Scene at the Windy-Arms flat.

Linda enters.

Camera cuts to Anna.
    Anna scowls.

Linda: Hello everyone.

Camera cuts to Anna.
    Anna scowls.

Linda: How are you all today?

Camera cuts to Anna.
    Anna scowls.

Linda: Is it someone's birthday?

Camera cuts to Anna.
    Anna scowls.

Linda: Nice to see you all.

Camera cuts to Anna.
    Anna scowls.

Linda: I'll be off now then.

Camera cuts to Anna.
    Anna scowls.

Linda: Bye then.

Camera cuts to Anna.
    Anna scowls.

And repeat. : D:

Corrie script: Eileen goes on a date. Rovers or Bistro? Rovers or Bistro? Rovers or Bistro? Rovers or Bistro? Hmmmm. Rovers.

As if.

Ahh but then everyone else can turn up. As usual. ;-) Just like when they followed Steve out of the Rovers and everyone piled into Kev's to give Jenny Bradley what for! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is actually called The happy wanderer. The Dion song is called "The wanderer" :Dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m6lymJy57E and Ensiferum have a (dreary) tune called "wanderer" :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKZd4U397M4

Let us remind ourselves of the original, courtesy of 'Uncle Mac', on 78 rpm Parlophone records, complete with crackles !

Goodbye children; everywhere !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    More like they can't be bothered.

I see the new, lovely and caring Michelle took poor ickle Sean under her wing last night. That's after she earwigged the whole scene with Emily, Dame Rita and Billy. Of course she had her arms folded and a look of annoyance on her face - as per! And let's not forget Dame Rita's sterling performance as matriarch of the street. She looked very cross! :D

Corrie script: Scene at the Windy-Arms flat.

Linda enters.

Camera cuts to Anna.
    Anna scowls.

Linda: Hello everyone.

Camera cuts to Anna.
    Anna scowls.

Linda: How are you all today?

Camera cuts to Anna.
    Anna scowls.

Linda: Is it someone's birthday?

Camera cuts to Anna.
    Anna scowls.

Linda: Nice to see you all.

Camera cuts to Anna.
    Anna scowls.

Linda: I'll be off now then.

Camera cuts to Anna.
    Anna scowls.

Linda: Bye then.

Camera cuts to Anna.
    Anna scowls.

And repeat. : D:

Corrie script: Eileen goes on a date. Rovers or Bistro? Rovers or Bistro? Rovers or Bistro? Rovers or Bistro? Hmmmm. Rovers.

As if.

Ahh but then everyone else can turn up. As usual. ;-) Just like when they followed Steve out of the Rovers and everyone piled into Kev's to give Jenny Bradley what for! :D
    It is unbelievable how everyone keeps being nice to Sean no matter how badly he behaves.
    In reality, Michelle would have told him he had it coming!
    Let us remind ourselves of the original, courtesy of 'Uncle Mac', on 78 rpm Parlophone records, complete with crackles !

Goodbye children; everywhere !

I rather like this. :cool: Its probably not as good blasted through an ice cream van, mind.
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    RealGavin may not have had the money on him when he died. NotRealGavin would still have a key to the flat so why not check to see whether the money is still there?

Audrey must have spare bedrooms, I can see the Milan Mob staying with her, in fact it's a wonder Gail hasn't already moved in with her mum, though Audrey might not be too keen on Michael tagging along.

Would make sense for Sarah and her daughter to live with Aud, but can't see it happening, as that would take them away from the Street, and as everyone knows they need to be there , so that they can bump into everyone all the time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Would make sense for Sarah and her daughter to live with Aud, but can't see it happening, as that would take them away from the Street, and as everyone knows they need to be there , so that they can bump into everyone all the time!

I'm sure they will both be working at the salon by Friday.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they will both be working at the salon by Friday.

For Sarah it'll be the salon or bistro! :D

Bethany who is 14 will be joining 13 year old Faye at school won't she? ;-)
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »

Bethany who is 14 will be joining 13 year old Faye at school won't she? ;-)

Nah, I was tragic enough to just Google it and Faye was born March 02, Beth in June 00. So two school years apart :D
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An SOR in advance. According to my paper
    RealGavin's aunt turns up at gail's, to tell them that RealGavin is dead.
    How on earth did she know where to find them?
This discussion has been closed.